4th of July Snack Mix
With the 4th of July fast approaching, I thought I’d share a quick and easy 4th of July Snack Mix perfect for feeding a crowd.
Earlier this year I made a very similar snack mix for Valentine’s Day, but this mix can be easily adapted for most any holiday or occasion. This yummy mix can be customized to include most any snacks you love, from pretzels to popcorn to chocolate candies. Combining sweet and salty snacks makes this an irresistible treat.
Mix up a big bowl of this 4th of July Snack Mix and just watch how fast it disappears! Even as I was preparing these photos, I noticed my mix was disappearing bit by bit each time one of my kiddos (or hubby) walked by.
Fill small treat bags with this colorful snack mix for a perfect 4th of July party favor.
Looking for more 4th of July treats?
Here are a few of my favorites…
I have even more 4th of July treats and ideas gathered from around the web on my 4th of July Pinterest board.
Prop note- Blue polka-dot snack cups from Shop Sweet Lulu
4th of July Snack Mix Recipe
4th of July Snack Mix
- mini pretzels
- popcorn air-popped
- cereal chex, cherrios, or your choice
- peanuts or a nut of your choice
- M&Ms or other candies
- white chocolate or white candy melts
- In a large roasting pan, or large casserole dish, mix all ingredients except the M&M's, sprinkles, and candy melts. Do not over fill your dish, you will need room to toss the ingredients together.
- Melt white chocolate (or candy melts) in a microwave safe dish (at 50% power) in 30 second intervals until almost melted. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over the dish of snacks. Mix as needed to coat. It's up to you if you want the mix to be totally coated, or lightly coated (depending on the amount of melted chocolate you use). As soon as you've mix up the snack mix, but the coating is still warm and melty, add sprinkles of your choice, and M&M's to the mix. Stir to combine.
- Spread the snack mixture out onto a baking sheet (or two if needed). Allow to cool, then break apart as needed.
- If desired, add some of the melted white chocolate to a small plastic piping bag (or small ziplock bag), snip off the end and drizzle over the mix, then allow the chocolate to set before packaging up the mixture.
- Store snack mix in an airtight bag or container.
- Snack mix with popcorn in it will remain fresh tasting about 2-3 days, and a bit longer without popcorn.