This delicious Blueberry Coffee Cake is a perfect treat for breakfast, brunch, or a snack anytime!
This moist and flavorful crumb cake is packed with fresh blueberries, then gets topped with almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon for that perfect crumb topping!
This delicious cake is special enough for a tea party, baby shower or holiday brunch, but it’s so easy and delicious, you’ll want to make it all the time!
This post is in partnership with Clover Sonoma.
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
This Blueberry Coffee Cake recipe includes Clover Sonoma Non-GMO Lactose Free Milk.
Clover Sonoma is a Northern California dairy with a history of providing delicious, high quality dairy products since 1916!
Clover Sonoma Non-GMO Lactose Free Milk is the first and only Non-GMO Project Verified lactose free milk on the market.
Clover Sonoma Non-GMO Lactose Free Milk is backed by the Clover Promise of Excellence, which guarantees delicious and nutritious dairy that is rBST-free, non-GMO and American Humane Certified.
People who may have chosen plant based “milk” alternatives due to lactose intolerance may want to choose lactose free milk for a more balanced nutrition profile.
Lactose free milk is a simple swap in any recipe that calls for milk.
My family’s favorite thing about Clover Sonoma Non-GMO Lactose Free Milk is that it’s simply delicious!
To compliment the fresh berries in this cake, I’ve included sliced almonds in the crumb topping, and a bit of almond extract in the batter.
I love the blueberry almond flavor combo, but feel free to omit the nuts if needed…and you’ll still have delicious results!
How to Make Blueberry Coffee Cake
Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs I used Clover Sonoma eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup Clover Sonoma Non-GMO Lactose Free Milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature and chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a 9"x 9" cake pan with parchment paper (or lightly grease with butter).
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and fully combined.
- Add eggs, vanilla and almond extracts. Mix until well combined.
- While slowly mixing, add flour mixture and milk in two batches (some flour, then some milk, then the rest of the flour and the rest of the milk). Stop mixing as soon as it's just combined.
- Rinse off the blueberries so they have just a bit of moisture on them, then, in a small bowl toss the blueberries and 1 T. flour. This flour coating will help prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of your cake while baking.
- Add the flour coated berries to the batter and gently but quickly stir, by hand, to combine.
- Pour batter into pan and gently smooth until level.
- Add chopped butter to a medium bowl, then add brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Use a pastry blender, or a fork to break the butter into even smaller pieces, while combining with other ingredients. Mix until ingredients are combined and crumbly, and no large chunks of butter remain.
- Add sliced almonds to crumble, stir, and then sprinkle crumble evenly over cake batter.
- Bake cake in pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs.
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
Disclosure – I created this recipe in partnership with Clover Sonoma. Partnering with brands I love allows me to provide you with high quality content at no cost to you. I only work with brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.