This pretty Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake is a delicious treat you can enjoy any time of year!
Moist and flavorful lemon cake is studded with fresh (or frozen) blueberries and then topped with a tart and buttery lemon glaze.
This cake would be so perfect for a baby shower or wedding shower, but don’t wait for a special occasion to make it… it’s perfect for any day of the week!
This recipe was created in partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market.
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
I know that fall is on it’s way… but before we dive into all things pumpkin and apple I wanted to share a recipe with a delicious flavor combo that’s perfect to enjoy any time of year!
My inspiration for this recipe started with Organic Frozen Blueberries from Sprouts Farmer’s Market.
I have a very popular recipe on my site for Lemon Blueberry Bread that I’ve only made with fresh blueberries in the past. I wanted to see if I could use frozen blueberries in a similar recipe with equally delicious results.
I’m so happy I gave Sprouts Organic Frozen Blueberries a try, because the result were PERFECT!
The recipe performed perfectly with the frozen blueberries, and I’m so happy to know that I can make this recipe any time of year, even when I don’t have fresh berries on hand.
So feel free to choose fresh blueberries from Sprouts when they are available, but you can simply keep a bag of Sprouts Organic Frozen Blueberries on hand and enjoy this recipe whenever the baking mood strikes you! =)
I love knowing I can rely on the quality of Sprouts store brand products to produce beautiful and delicious results in all of my baking projects!
If you love blueberries, I have a few more delicious ideas to add to your baking list…
Lemon Blueberry Bread – Simply a half sized recipe that matches this bundt cake. One of the most popular recipes on my site!
Lemon Blueberry Crepes – So perfect for a special weekend breakfast!
Blueberry Coffee Cake – It’s like a blueberry muffin and cinnamon coffee cake had a perfect baby!
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter 12 tablespoons, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest fresh grated
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- ½ cup milk whole or lowfat, but avoid fat-free
- ½ cup sour cream full fat preferred
- 10 oz Sprouts Organic Frozen Blueberries 1 package (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- Preheat oven to 325°F and generously grease and flour a 10” bundt pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend together the melted butter, sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, blending for 10-15 seconds between each addition.
- Add vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
- While slowly mixing, add about half of the flour mixture, and then add the sour cream.
- Continue blending and add the remaining flour mixture, and then the milk. Stop the mixer.
- In a small bowl, add the frozen blueberries and toss with 1 rounded tablespoon of flour. Stir until the berries are all evenly coated (this will help prevent the berries from all sinking to the bottom of the cake).
- Add the flour coated berries to the batter, and gently but quickly stir by hand with a spatula until just combined.
- Pour/scoop the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 65-80 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 1 hour before attempting to remove. To remove cake from pan, use a small spatula to gently loosen around the edges, then invert pan onto cake plate, or baking sheet.
- Prepare the glaze by simply whisking together the melted butter, powdered sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Allow the glaze to sit for 10 minutes or so to thicken a bit, and then pour glazed over the cake.
- Slice and enjoy!
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
Be sure to tag @glorioustreats and #glorioustreats so I can see your baking success!
Disclosure – I created this recipe in partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market. Partnering with brands I love allows me to provide you with high quality content at no cost to you. I only work with brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.