This delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe is creamy, flavorful and perfectly spiced!
I recently spent a few days with a good friend who loves cheesecake. In fact it’s entirely possible that over a four day trip we ate at The Cheesecake Factory three times! I came home from the visit inspired to try some new cheesecake recipes.
I thought pumpkin would be a fitting flavor to try first. The recipe yielded a rich and delicious, lightly spiced cheesecake that would be the perfect addition to any holiday dessert menu.
I made 12 mini cheesecakes using a mini cheesecake pan (I found mine at Home Goods, but they are easily available on-line from Amazon or Sur la Table). The mini cheesecakes may be a tiny bit of extra work to deal with initially, but once baked and cooled, they make a perfect small serving, with no cutting needed.
This delicious mini pumpkin cheesecake recipe can also be made into one large cheesecake.
This is a perfect dessert for the busy holiday season. The cheesecake can be made up to 2 days ahead of time, and stored in the refrigerator. Top your chilled pumpkin cheesecake with fresh whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon for a delicious and festive treat.
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake
12 Mini Cheesecakes
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 oz cream cheese 1 package
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
9 inch Cheesecake
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 24 oz cream cheese 3 packages
- 15 oz pumpkin puree 1 can
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*F
For mini cheesecakes
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Prepare crust by combining crust ingredients in a small bowl. Mix to combine with a fork. Add one rounded tablespoon of moist crust crumbs into each mini cheesecake space. Use a small bottle (such as a spice bottle, or a shot glass) to press down the crumbs, to form a crust.
Prepare the filling
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin, eggs, sour cream, sugar and spices. Blend until combined. Add flour and vanilla, and beat until well combined.
- Pour filling into prepared crusts. Divide batter amoung the 12 spaces.
- Bake mini cheesecakes in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool about 15 minutes. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours minimum.
For large 9 inch Cheesecake
- Follow general directions above. Press crust into the botom of a 9" springform pan. Prepare filling (as listed above). Bake cheesecake 1 hour. Cool 15 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours before serving.
- The cheesecake can be stored in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Top finished cheesecakes with freshly whipped cream.
I absolutely love this recipe! It is hands down one of the best cheesecake recipes I’ve found. I want to use it for regular vanilla cheesecake so what do I add as a replacement for the pumpkin??
So happy you’re enjoying this recipe! My vanilla cheesecake recipe here –> https://www.glorioustreats.com/perfect-vanilla-cheesecake/ To adjust the vanilla version to make just one pan of minis, you’ll just need to divide the recipe by three. Happy baking !
Can you replace the ginger and the nutmeg with pumpkin spice?
Yes, for sure! I’d suggest using pumpkin pie spice to replace all of the spices if that’s what you have on hand. Happy baking!
When do remove them from the mini pan?
After the full cooling period (2 hours or more). Simply press up on the removable bottoms of each pan cavity to release each mini cheesecake. Happy baking!
Do you need to grease the mini cheesecake pan?
No, you do not need to grease the pans (as long as you are using a non-stick mini cheesecake pan, as listed). As the cheesecakes back it will pull away from the edges on its own. And when the cheesecakes are fully cooled, simply press up on the removable bottom of each mini cavity to release each cheesecake. Happy baking!
Has anyone actually froze them with good results. Would like to do a week ahead and freeze.
I have not frozen them, and I’d be hesitant to do so. The cheesecake can last in the fridge for up to 3 days (well covered from any smells in the fridge), so that does give you a bit of time to prep other foods. I do totally understand that cookies around the holidays gets a bit crazy! Happy baking!
Yes. I’ve been freezing mini cheesecakes for years and they turn out perfect. Just don’t freeze them with toppings.
My crust fell apart even after being refrigerated for 2 hours. Any suggestions?
These were absolutely perfect! The perfect amount of seasoning was added! I really loved this recipe.
Does this call for whole cloves or ground?
I’m sorry if this was already answered, but does this recipe double well? I’m so excited to make these, but I think I’ll need more than 12….thank you!!
Yes, feel free to double it, I think it will work out just fine. Happy baking!