Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle
Let’s celebrate pumpkin season with this creamy and delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle!
This pretty treat starts with a simple, no-bake, pumpkin cheesecake filling, then is layered with a crunchy cookie crumble and fresh whipped cream!
It’s sweet and creamy and crunchy…and pretty much fall perfection!
I created this recipe in partnership with Sprouts Farmer’s Market.
In addition to all of the healthy and delicious foods Sprouts carries year round, I love the variety of special seasonal products they stock. I look forward to seeing what’s new each season!
Of course for fall I had to stock up on canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and then I found some yummy Pumpkin Snaps (think Ginger Snaps, but with pumpkin!).
I thought the crunchy pumpkin cookies would make make a delicious crumble, and oh did they! In fact, I could eat a bag of just the crumble from this recipe! The crumble would also be delicious on top of apple sauce, yogurt or ice cream!
I love recipes that look (and taste) impressive, but are really quite easy to make!
This Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle recipe can be made in under 30 minutes, and then be enjoyed immediately, or will wait for you in the fridge for a couple hours.
Also, the individual elements (the crumble, pumpkin cheesecake filling, whipped cream) can be made several hours in advance, and then assembled shortly before serving.
This recipe could be made into one large trifle or even a casserole dish, but I just love the look and ease of individual servings. Of course you could choose from any number of serving dishes, from small bowls or glasses to small jars (perfect for transporting!).
Visit Sprouts.com to find the Sprouts market nearest you! I’d love to hear which Sprouts brand pumpkin treats you find!
Disclosure – I created this recipe in partnership with Sprouts. Partnering with brands I love allows me to provide you with high quality content at no cost to you. I only work with brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle Recipe
Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle
- 3 cups Sprouts Pumpkin Snaps about 30 cookies - see notes for substitutions
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
Cheesecake & Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar divided
- 8 oz cream cheese 1 block
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree I used Sprouts brand
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice I used Sprouts brand
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the crumble
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop or crush the cookies so there are some crumbs and some small bite sized pieces. Chop pecans. Melt butter.
- Combine cookies, pecans and butter in a bowl and stir until well combined. Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. (Note- The crumble can be made ahead of time and stored in a airtight container up to 1 week)
Make the filling layers
- While you gather ingredients, chill mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer.
- Pour heavy cream into chilled bowl and beat (with the whisk attachment) until the cream begins to thicken. Slowly add 1/2 cup powdered sugar, while mixing. Continue to beat until fluffy and thickened. Scoop whipped cream into a different bowl and set in the fridge.
- Prepare pumpkin cheesecake filling by first blending the cream cheese (in the empty bowl you just made the whipped cream in) until smooth. Add remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla, and blend until smooth and well incorporated.
- Remove whipped cream from the fridge and gently fold in about 1/2 of the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture. Reserve the other 1/2 of the whipped cream.
- Add a thin layer of crumble to the bottom of each dish, then add a layer of pumpkin filling, then whipped cream. Repeat (crumble, pumpkin, whipped cream). Garnish with a bit of additional crumble.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge up to 2 hours.