These Chocolate Sugar Cookies are simple, yet delicious! They’re rich, chewy, and perfect for satisfying a chocolate craving!
How to Make Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 1¾ cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Pour granulated sugar into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
- Melt butter in a small bowl (in the microwave).
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine brown sugar and melted butter. Blend until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time and continue to blend. Add vanilla.
- While mixing, slowly pour in bowl of dry ingredients and stir just until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls, then roll into the small bowl of granulated sugar. Press down the tops of the cookies a bit (with your hands, or the bottom of a glass). Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired.
- Bake cookies on parchment paper lined (or Silpat lined) baking sheets (one baking sheet at a time) in a pre-heated 350°F oven.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes or until cracked and puffy. Remove cookies from oven, and allow to cool on baking sheet a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
Looking for a few more holiday cookies ideas? I’ve got you covered!
Hot Cocoa Cookies – The most popular cookies of all time on my site, and for good reason!
Gingerbread Cookies – Perfect for classic cut-out gingerbread boys and girls… or any festive shape!
Chewy Ginger Molasses – Sweet, spicy, chewy and oh so delicious!
What’s your favorite Christmas cookie?