The first time I enjoyed Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ice cream was 1997. I know the year for sure because that was the year my husband and I got married, and my husband is the one who introduced me to Ben & Jerry’s. The first year of our marriage we lived near a convenient store and we would often (too often!) walk to the store in the evening, buy Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, and walk home while enjoying it. Chunky Monkey was (and is) one of our favorite flavors, so when Kristan of Confessions of a Cookbook Queen prepared a post for me with this ice cream in mind I was so excited!
Kristan is the Queen of all things sweet and sparkly! I’ve known Kristan for a couple years, and had the privilege of meeting up with her a couple times. She is just as sweet, cute and glittery as all of her delicious treats!
Hey guys!! I’m Kristan from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.
I’m so excited to be posting for Glory today. She always makes the prettiest desserts ever, so this isn’t intimidating AT ALL!!
Except, the opposite. So, yes.
You know how when you have two year old and you take them to a friend’s house with you, and they have lot’s of pretty, breakable knicknacks and you’re super duper nervous the whole time? That’s kind of how I feel right now.
Except, with dessert.
Never mind, this is weird.
I get dessert inspiration from anything — drinks, candy bar flavors, and sometimes, my favorite ice cream. Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey is one of my all time favorites, so I decided that Chunky Monkey Brownies needed to happen.
Do you concur?
I used boxed brownie mix, so these came together in a jiffy. Feel free to use your favorite homemade recipe if you prefer…I do that, too. But right now, I have a 5 month old baby, and she isn’t so patient about baking.
She actually doesn’t care about brownies AT. ALL. (makes me wonder if we are actually related?)
Thank you Kristan for sharing these amazing brownies! I know I will be making a batch of these very soon!
Find Kristan at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen, on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
How to Make Chunky Monkey Brownies
Chunky Monkey Brownies
- 40 oz dark chocolate brownie mix 2 boxes
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 sticks salted butter slightly softened
- 5.1 oz instant banana cream pudding 1 small box
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x13 metal pan with foil. Spray bottom with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mixes, eggs, oil, and water. Stir with a wooden spoon until completely mixed. Fold in walnuts. Spread in prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes back with moist crumbs, but not raw batter. Let brownies cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once brownies have cooled, prepare frosting: In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter, milk, and pudding mix on medium speed until smooth. Set mixer to low and slowly beat in powdered sugar until just barely mixed. Add chocolate pieces and increase speed to high and beat for one minute until light and fluffy. Frost cooled brownies, cut and serve.
Yeah, I will be making that IMMEDIATELY!!!
How cool that your friend made these with you in mind! It’s so true we can get inspiration from anything! Would it be over the top if I garnished these with a scoop of Chunky Monkey? 😉
Michele Mulk says
Make Chunky Monkey Brownie Banana Sandwiches
Made these in my brownie pan
when brownies cooled, sliced each individual brownie horizontally
that slicing cut each brownie into 2 layers
fill with icing
the result was a brownie sandwich
with a dollop of icing atop it
Serving tonight at my niece’s wedding shower.
yum! what’s not to love about these. making these this weekend, for sure. thanks for the recipe.
I want to bake these for my coworkers! They would LOVE them!
Yum! I love brownies and this sounds like a great variaion. I so depend on you for that! Love you!
These look so simply and amazing, a perfect combo for a quick and easy dessert. Thanks!