Pumpkin, cinnamon, maple… this Baked Pumpkin French Toast is filled with all of my favorite fall flavors!
This is simply the perfect recipe for a special fall breakfast or brunch!
Prep the ingredients the night before, and simply bake in the morning for an easy and impressive treat that will fill your home with the fragrance of fall!
If you happen to have any leftovers, this recipe stays fresh and delicious (in the fridge) for a day or two. Simply pop it in the microwave a few seconds and it’s just as good as the day it was first baked!
This might be a breakfast recipe… but I assure you it’s equally delicious as an evening treat!
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
I created this recipe in partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market.
I love visiting Sprouts with the change of each season… their seasonal products and displays are the perfect inspiration for fresh, seasonal recipes.
With the arrival of fall, Sprouts has all of my fall favorites on hand… pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, lots of cute decorative pumpkins… as well as a full line of seasonal pumpkin products, from cookies to candies, to pumpkin butter and more!
You’ll find all of the ingredients you need for this delicious Baked Pumpkin French Toast Casserole, and so many of my other favorite fall recipes.
I’m not a huge fan of overly mushy french toast or bread pudding type treats… so this recipe is designed to create a dish that has plenty of texture.
The base of each slice will be soft, and the top half will have some nice crisp pieces of bread. The pecans throughout the recipe also add some great texture and flavor!
Don’t skip the maple topping… it’s one of my favorite elements in this recipe (and it might become your new favorite fall topping for pancakes and waffles too)!
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
Happy fall baking!
Disclosure – I created this recipe in partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market. Partnering with brands I love allows me to provide you with high quality content at no cost to you. I only work with brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.
Baked Pumpkin French Toast Recipe
Baked Pumpkin French Toast
- 1 loaf French Bread day old works great
- ¾ cup pecans roughly chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk avoid non-fat
- 1 cup Sprouts canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup Sprouts pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup Sprouts pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter 1/2 stick, melted
- ½ teaspoons Sprouts pumpkin pie spice
- Prepare a 9”x 13” casserole dish by lightly coating with butter (or cooking spray).
- Cut French Bread into large cubes (about 1” square). Add about half of the bread to the pan, sprinkle some of the chopped pecans, and then add the remaining bread. Reserve the remaining pecans (about half).
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, canned pumpkin, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Blend until fully combined.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture evenly over the pan of bread.
- Add the remaining chopped pecans on top of the bread, and if desired, sprinkle just a bit more pumpkin pie spice over the top of the casserole.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (up to overnight). Press the bread down into the milk mixture just a bit, so most of the bread is kept moist.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven at 350°F. for 45-55 minutes or until the casserole is set, and the bread on top is golden brown.
- While the casserole cools just a bit, prepare syrup by combining maple syrup, melted butter and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl and whisking well to combine.
- Before serving casserole, pour syrup evenly over casserole, or serve the syrup on the side and guests can add it to their own serving.