There is something about sunny spring weather that gets me thinking about fresh citrus flavors. These Chewy Lemon Sugar Cookies are a perfect spring treat! And these cookies are so delicious, and simple to make, I know I’ll be making them all though the year!
These sweet and chewy cookies have a subtle lemon flavor, and just the perfect amount of crisp on the outside. Everyone in my house loved them!!
These simple, yet delicious Chewy Lemon Sugar Cookies are one of my new favorite cookies! They’re a perfect lunch box or picnic treat, or a delicious addition to any cookie tray.
Love cookies? Try a few of my other favorites…
How to Make Chewy Lemon Sugar Cookies
Chewy Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 zest of lemons 2-3 teaspoons
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or sanding sugar, for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat type baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add 1 1/2 cups sugar and blend until fully incorporated.
- Add lemon zest, egg, vanilla and lemon juice and blend until fully combined.
- While mixing on low, slowly pour in the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix just until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Use a 2 Tablespoon sized cookie scoop to scoop dough. Roll balls of dough in a small bowl with sugar, then place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies 8-9 minutes or until cookies are set around the edges and slightly puffy. Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.