My family loves “make your own pizza” night, and this Cinnamon Streusel Dessert Pizza is a perfect treat to round out the meal!
When a recipe starts with lots of cinnamon and sugar… you know it’s going to be good! Add in butter, fresh pizza crust and a simple glaze and you’ll have an easy treat that everyone loves!
We make pizza at home pretty often, but one thing I always struggle with is rolling out the dough into a reasonably round shape! I usually give up after fighting the dough, and settle on some random “blob” shape! Here’s a photo I shared on Instagram of one of my recent pizzas.
Fleischmann’s brand recently introduced me to a new product, their Pizza Crust Yeast. This yeast is designed just for pizza crust, and is much easier to roll out than traditional pizza dough. I figured it was worth a try! I mixed up the dough according to the package directions. Once the dough is mixed, it’s ready to roll (there is no rise time). I started rolling, and what do you know… it didn’t spring back into a blob, it rolled out beautifully!
Now I can easily make this delicious Cinnamon Streusel Dessert Pizza anytime I want!
Mix up the dough according to package directions (or feel free to use fresh, store-bough dough).
Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface.
Pierce dough with a fork, then lightly brush with melted butter.
Spread around cinnamon streusel mixture, then bake.
It’s amazing how delicious simple ingredients can be! Give this Cinnamon Streusel Pizza a try the next time you make pizza at home!
My girls thought it was quite funny that the cinnamon streusel mixture looks like “taco meat”… but the delicious sweet aroma of this pizza baking gives it away! =)
How to Make Cinnamon Streusel Dessert Pizza
Cinnamon Streusel Dessert Pizza
Fresh Pizza Dough
- 1/4 oz Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast see the recipe on the package
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare pizza dough as directed on package, or use fresh store-bought dough.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface, then transfer to a baking stone, or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use a fork to pierce some holes all over the pizza (leaving about 1 inch untouched around the outside edge)
- Use a pastry brush to lightly brush some of the melted butter all over the pizza dough.
- Combined remaining melted butter with cinnamon, sugar and flour and mix with a fork until all the ingredients are moistened, and mixture is crumbly.
- Spread crumb mixture evenly around the pizza, leaving an edge of crust.
- Bake pizza in a preheated 425*F oven for 12-15 minutes, or according to pizza dough instructions.
- Once baked, combine glaze ingredients and drizzle glaze over pizza.
- Serve while still a bit warm.
Disclosure – I was provided product and/or compensation from Fleischmann’s for creating this post. I only share products and brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.