Fresh orange, tart cranberries… this Cranberry Orange Bread is packed with fresh holiday flavors!
This recipe starts with a perfectly moist and buttery orange and vanilla cake, then is studded with tart, fresh cranberries.
A simple glaze adds a final layer of flavor, and you have a beautiful loaf perfect to enjoy with family and friends… or in a quiet moment all by yourself.
I created this deliciously festive recipe in partnership with Challenge Dairy.
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
I’m quite sure this recipe will become a holiday staple in our house!
It’s just so bright and flavorful…. and it comes together quite easily!
A mini loaf of this pretty Cranberry Orange Bread would make a lovely little neighbor or hostess gift, just be sure to make a loaf for yourself too! =)
This recipe would be perfect for a special holiday brunch or tea party too!
As with most every recipe that comes out of my kitchen, this loaf cake includes one of my favorite kitchen staples, Challenge Butter.
I know when I use Challenge brand dairy products I can depend on consistent quality and fresh taste.
Challenge loves to let their fresh, high quality ingredients shine through in their products and this means you can depend on a pure taste and superior results!
No added flavors, dyes, or artificial preservatives…. just fresh and delicious ingredients that are the perfect foundation for successful recipes!
As a California girl, I love knowing that the milk used in Challenge Dairy products is from local, family-owned California dairy farms.
If you’re not sure where you can find Challenge butter (and cream cheese) near you, use this helpful map.
How to Make Cranberry Orange Bread
Cranberry Orange Bread
- 2 tablespoons Challenge butter melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a 9"x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper (or lightly grease with butter).
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, orange zest and orange juice. Mix until well combined.
- While slowly mixing, add flour mixture and milk in two batches (some flour, then some milk, then the rest of the flour and the rest of the milk). Stop mixing as soon as it's just combined.
- Rinse off the fresh cranberries so they have just a bit of moisture on them, then, in a small bowl toss the cranberries with 1 T. flour. This flour coating will help prevent the berries from sinking to the bottom of your loaf while baking.
- Add the flour coated berries to the batter and gently but quickly stir, by hand, to combine.
- Immediately pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in the pan for 15-30 minutes, then move to a wire cooling rack with a baking sheet below (to catch the glaze you're about to add).
- Prepare glaze by simply whisking together the melted butter, powdered sugar, and orange juice. If needed, add an additional tablespoon of powdered sugar to reach the desired consistency. Pour one layer of glaze over loaf and allow to set a few minutes, then add an additional layer of glaze.
- Slice and enjoy!
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
Disclosure – I created this recipe as part of an ongoing partnership with Challenge Dairy. Partnering with brands I love allows me to provide you high quality content at no cost to you. I only work with brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.