Let’s kick off the fall baking season with this flavorful and delicious Apple Cinnamon Bread!
It’s still quite warm here in California, but I’m ready for fall baking and this loaf bread was the perfect kick off!
Apples, cinnamon and sugar… flavors that are delicious all year round, but seem extra perfect for fall.
And even if I’m still running the air conditioner… the fragrance in my house while this cake was baking was pure fall!
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
This recipe starts with a simple vanilla cake base and then gets a generous helping of fresh apples, cinnamon and sugar.
As with most every recipe that comes out of my kitchen, this loaf cake includes one of my favorite kitchen staples, Challenge Butter.
I know when I use Challenge brand dairy products I can depend on consistent quality and fresh taste.
Challenge loves to let their fresh, high quality ingredients shine through in their products and this means you can depend on a pure taste and superior results!
No added flavors, dyes, or artificial preservatives…. just fresh and delicious ingredients that are the perfect foundation for successful recipes!
As a California girl, I love knowing that the milk used in Challenge Dairy products is from local, family-owned California dairy farms.
If you’re not sure where you can find Challenge butter (and cream cheese) near you, use this helpful map.
Apple Cinnamon Bread Recipe
Apple Cinnamon Bread
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted Challenge butter 1 stick, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt omit if using salted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large apple peeled and finely chopped (about 1 1/4 cups chopped) - I used Granny Smith
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9" x 5" loaf pan, and/or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth, then add white sugar and continue to blend until fully incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend until well combined.
- Slowly add flour, baking powder, salt and then milk, and blend just until all ingredients are well combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour HALF of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Top batter with half of the diced apples, and half of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Press apples and cinnamon sugar into the batter just a bit (with the back of a large spoon).
- Pour the remaining batter on top of the apple layer (spread as needed), then top with remaining apples and remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Again, press the apples and cinnamon sugar into the batter a bit.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer loaf to a cooling rack to continue cooling.
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
Happy fall baking!
Disclosure – I created this recipe as part of an ongoing partnership with Challenge Dairy. Partnering with brands I love allows me to provide you high quality content at no cost to you. I only work with brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.