Perfect Pound Cake Recipe
This Perfect Pound Cake Recipe is a recipe I know I’ll be using again and again… and I hope you will too!
Rich and flavorful with a light and buttery texture that simply melts in your mouth!
This Pound Cake is delicious on its own, and is also a perfect base for an almost endless array of toppings!
This post was created in partnership with Challenge Dairy.
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
I love when simple ingredients can be used to create amazing results!
This perfect pound cake recipe is a treat you can likely make without a special trip to the store! Yay!
As long as you keep good quality butter on hand, you’ll be good to go!
I use Challenge Butter in all of my baking because I know I can depend on Challenge for fresh flavor and consistent results.
If you’re not sure where to find Challenge Butter in your area, be sure to use this helpful map.
Pound cake on its own is not exactly the most “showy” dessert. It looks pretty simple and plain.
But let me assure you… this recipe won my heart!
This humble cake is rich and flavorful and the texture is simply perfect… dense enough to slice perfectly, with a beautifully delicate crumb.
This pound cake is truly perfect all on its own… especially with a nice cup of coffee or tea, but feel free to dress it up too!
I topped this cake with fresh whipped cream and fruit (strawberries, blueberries and peaches) for a beautiful dessert that’s perfect for summer entertaining.
Feel free to play around with various toppings throughout the seasons… spiced apples and caramel sauce would be amazing, strawberries and chocolate sauce would be gorgeous, and tropical fruit with coconut would be delicious!
How to Make Perfect Pound Cake
Perfect Pound Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted Challenge butter 2 sticks, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Prepare a 9"x 5" loaf pan by lightly coating with butter, then sprinkle with flour, and tap out any excess.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth.
- Add sugar and beat for a good 2-3 minutes until very light and fluffy. Do not skimp on this step.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending for at least 10-15 seconds between each egg.
- Add vanilla and blend.
- While slowly mixing, add the flour mixture. Blend just until combined.
- Once all the flour has been added, pour in the milk and blend just until all the ingredients are well incorporated. The batter should be thick and smooth.
- Pour/scoop the batter into the prepared pan, and smooth the top as needed.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, or until the loaf is deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Be patient, and make sure the loaf is fully baked. Baking time will vary based on your loaf pan and oven.
- Cool loaf in the pan for 20 minutes, then gently remove from pan and allow to cool fully.
- Serve immediately or wrap up and keep well wrapped (or in a tupperware type container) at room temperature for up to 5 days.
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
Disclosure – I created this recipe as part of an ongoing partnership with Challenge Dairy. Partnering with brands I love allows me to provide you high quality content at no cost to you. I only work with brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.