Easter Rice Krispie Treats are so fun and festive and the perfect addition to Easter baskets and dessert tables! These adorable treats are cut into bunnies and decorated so sweetly. The perfect Easter treat for kids and kids at heart!
Looking for more Easter desserts? Don’t miss my amazing Carrot Cake Recipe and these Lemon Cream Puffs!
Rice Krispie Treats are a classic treat that is loved by all and these Easter Rice Krispies Treats are no exception! Sweet and gooey with Cadbury eggs studded throughout, these easy treats are finished with a white chocolate drizzle and festive sprinkles for a truly delicious addition to your Easter menu.
I’ve used Cadbury Eggs here but pastel M&Ms would work just as well and be equally delicious!
More Rice Krispie Treats Recipes To Try
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Snack Lovers Krispie Treats
- Almond Joy Krispie Treats
- Whatchamacallit Krispie Treats
- Watermelon Krispie Treats
- Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats
- S’mores Rice Krispies Treats
Rice Krispie Treat Ingredients
You don’t need much to make easy Easter Rice Krispie Treats! This quick and easy no bake recipe is unbelievably delicious and requires just a handful of ingredients. As always, you can find the full, printable recipe in the recipe card at the end of this post. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need:
- mini marshmallows – I like to use mini marshmallows because they melt faster and more evenly than larger marshmallows. That being said if you have a one pound bag of larger marshmallows, those can absolutely be used.
- salted butter – you can use unsalted butter, but this Rice Krispies Treats recipe benefit from a bit of salt.
- vanilla extract – adds such an important flavor note in this recipe. Make your own vanilla extract at home!
- Rice Krispies cereal – You need 6 cups, which is a bit more than half of a 12-ounce box.
- Cadbury eggs or pastel M&Ms – these are optional in the recipe but add some lovely color to the treats.
- candy melts – I used white Ghirardelli melting wafers but you can buy candy melts in assorted colors for more festive color in these Easter treats if you like
- nonpareils – go for the pastel if you can find them or use any other sprinkles you may have.
How To Make Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- Prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Stir in the cereal until mostly combined.
- Add Cadbury eggs or M&M’s and gently stir to evenly distribute.
- Transfer to the baking dish and press into an even layer.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Butter a 3 inch cutter and cut out shapes.
- Melt the wafers or candy melts according to the package instructions.
- Transfer to a piping bag with a small round tip or to a ziploc bag and snip a corner to create a tiny hole.
- Pipe the candy over the top of the rice krispie treats.
- Add the sprinkles.
- Set up for an hour or more.
- Store or enjoy.
How To Get An Even Layer
With all the marshmallows melted into the mixture, pressing the Rice Krispies into the pan can be a sticky mess! Here are a few tried and true ways to keep the mess to a minimum and still get perfectly compressed treats:
- Butter your fingertips – this way, you can press down the Rice Krispies treats without sticking to your fingers.
- Wet your fingertips – run them under warm water and shake off the excess. The mixture won’t stick, but you may need to repeat the process a few times. Just don’t soak the Rice Krispies.
- Use a spatula – a silicone spatula won’t stick as much, and if it does, lightly butter it.
- Butter an offset spatula – I love using offset spatulas for jobs like this. Lightly butter it, and it won’t stick.
Trish’s Tips & Tricks
- Make this recipe even easier by eliminating the sprinkles and white candy drizzle.
- Add the sprinkles right into the mix (about 3 tablespoons) instead of adding to the top of the treats.
- When adding the marshmallow mixture to your dish, it needs to be pressed down firmly but not super-compressed. See my tips above for pressing it down without a sticky mess.
- Don’t refrigerate this Rice Krispie Treats recipe – they’ll be super hard to bite into if they’re cold. They’re best served at room temperature.
- Dip the treats in white chocolate for a fun twist!
Treats can be individually wrapped in cellophane bags and tied off with some pretty string for a delicious, homemade addition to Easter baskets!
Store these Easter Rice Krispie Treats in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them if you’d like to keep them longer.
To Freeze: Wrap treats in wax paper or parchment paper and place in a freezer safe ziploc bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Don’t use plastic wrap – they’ll stick to the plastic wrap and you could end up with a mess.
Rice Krispie Treats FAQs
Definitely. Just use two baking dishes or even a half sheet pan so the extra ingredients will fit.
A simple way is to transfer the melted candy melts or Ghirardelli wafers to a small ziploc bag and cut the corner off – just a bit! Press lightly on the bag as you drizzle over the rice krispie treats.
More Easter Recipes
- Carrot Cake Recipe
- Easter Egg Cookie Boxes
- Jelly Belly Cookie Boxes
- Jelly Belly Flower Cake
- Easter Chocolate Malt Cake
- Decorated Easter Egg Cookies
How To Make Easter Rice Krispie Treats
Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 inch bunny cutter or other shapes such as a carrot, cross, etc.
Rice Krispie Treats
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows divided
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup Cadbury eggs or pastel M&Ms
- 2 tablespoons nonpareils pastel, optional – or other sprinkles
- 4 ounces white Ghirardelli melting wafers or candy melts
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray or lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, melt the butter over medium low heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the marshmallows and continue stirring until completely melted.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Stir in cereal until mostly combined. Add Cadbury eggs or M&M's (leaving a handful to press into the treats on top) and gently stir to evenly distribute the candy.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and press down gently with a silicone spatula until mostly even on top. Press in a few additional candies if desired.
- Let rice krispie treats set up for 30 minutes before removing from dish. Butter or grease a 3 inch cutter and cut out shapes. Transfer cut treats onto a cooling rack that is sitting on a baking sheet.
- Melt the wafers or candy melts according to the package instructions. Transfer to a piping bag with a small round tip or to a ziploc bag and snip a corner to create a tiny hole. Pipe the candy over the top of the rice krispie treats.
- Before the candy sets up, add the sprinkles. Let the treats set up for an hour or more. Once set, they can be stored or enjoyed.
Leave a Reply