I have a bit of a “thing” for Rice Krispie Treats. They’re crispy, chewy, sweet, and JUST. SO. GOOD!
These Almond Joy Krispie Treats take a simple and delicious treat to a whole new level!
If you’ve spend any time here before, you already know I love “fancy” rice krispie treats! Smore’s Krispie Treats, yum… Oreo Krispie Treats, yes please… Chocolate, Caramel and Peanut Butter Krispie Treats, oh baby! And these Almond Joy Krispie Treats will join the list as one of my new favorites!
These delicious bars combine toasted coconut and almonds with the traditional krispie treat and then get a layer of chocolate and more nuts and coconut to finish them off beautifully!
If you love the flavors of an Almond Joy candy bar, you’ll want to whip up a batch of these treats very soon!
Love coconut? Check out these other luscious coconut desserts…
How to Make Almond Joy Krispie Treats
Almond Joy Krispie Treats
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 8 cups crispy rice cereal
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon pure coconut extract
- 8 oz semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 375*F and spread the coconut and almonds onto a baking sheet. Bake for 6-10 minutes. Check after 5 minutes of baking, and stir nuts and coconut. Check again after each additional minute to make sure the ingredients don't burn. Remove from oven when lightly golden. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Prepare a 9"x13" cake pan by lightly greasing with butter. Lightly spray 2 rubber spatulas with cooking spray (or coat lightly with butter) and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the cereal. Set aside about 1 cup of the coconut/nut mixture (for topping), and then add the remaining coconut and nuts to the dry cereal. Stir to combine.
- In a large glass bowl, add the marshmallows and butter (if the butter is cold, cut into a few smaller pieces). Microwave 2-3 minutes until the marshmallows are VERY puffy. Carefully remove from the microwave and stir with a greased spatula. Stir until the butter is well combined with the melted marshmallows. Add coconut extract and stir (working quickly).
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the bowl of cereal/coconut/nuts. Using another greased spatula, work quickly to combine all ingredients.
- Pour/scoop the combined ingredients into the prepared pan and use a spatula to press down the mixture into the pan.
- Allow pan of treats to cool slightly (about 5 minutes), then melt the chocolate (in a double boiler or at 50% power in the microwave). Pour the melted chocolate onto the treats, and spread (using an offset spatula). Sprinkle on the reserved coconut/nut mixture.
- Allow chocolate to cool fully (about 30 minutes) before cutting the treats.