Chocolate Raspberry Cake

Gorgeous!!  Chocolate Raspberry Cake - glorioustreats.com

I’m a bit in love with the pink/brown combo of this Chocolate Raspberry Cake!!  I made this pretty treat recently to share over on My Baking Addiction while Jamie is spending time with her new baby girl!  I love how dramatic and beautiful the cake is, and yet it’s quite simple to create!  Start with your favorite chocolate cake recipe, then add layers of delicious raspberry buttercream and fresh raspberries. This cake is perfect for Valentine’s Day and would also be beautiful for most any occasion!

Hop on over to My Baking Addiction for the recipes and all the details!

Chocolate Raspberry Cake - glorioustreats.com

Happy baking!

11 Responses to “Chocolate Raspberry Cake”

miss b — February 7, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Chocolate and raspberries is the perfect combination and this layered cake looks so impressive too. What a gorgeous cake stand.

Shelly — February 7, 2014 at 11:49 pm

I am afraid I will have to stop reading your lovely blog posts… sniff… sniff… I keep gaining weight just looking!!! OMG such a marvelous cake :)

Sherrill — February 8, 2014 at 4:05 am

How sad am I? ? ? I’ve tried and tried to take a bite, but this darn screen between us is stopping me! This looks absolutely divine! ! !

Deborah — February 8, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Is that right, that 1/2 C. (4 T.) additional butter replaces 4 oz. of cream cheese if you want to use all butter in the frosting?? Isn’t 4 T. butter also 4 oz., and equal to 4 oz. cream cheese?

• Glory replied: — February 9th, 2014 @ 12:35 am

Hi Deborah, Please excuse my previous reply, I was thrown off a bit by your numbers. After looking again, yes, the recipe is correct. 4oz of butter is 1/2 cup = 8T = 1 stick. But as I mentioned (in my previous reply), if you are using all butter, either 1 cup (2 sticks), or 3/4 cup would work perfectly fine. American buttercream (this style of frosting) is quite forgiving. I’m not sure if you are in the U.S., if not, maybe you measurements are different than ours. Happy baking!

Deborah — February 9, 2014 at 12:57 am

Thank you, Glory! I’m right here in the US of A, but was confused by the ounces of cream cheese and Tablespoons of butter. Thanks again for clearing that up. I would hate to make a mistake on this lovely recipe!

Donna — February 13, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Just made the frosting this morning. Absolutely delicious! Hope I can make the cake before I eat all the frosting…..

Chichi — February 26, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Looks absolutely delicious. As a chocolate lover im most definitely going to make this

Carla — March 4, 2014 at 1:51 pm