These rich and delicious Frosted Fudge Brownies are a chocolate lovers dream!
If you’ve been around here any length of time you might have noticed I like chocolate… a lot! When it comes to dessert, if I’m given the choice I’ll almost always chose something chocolaty.
I love brownies and have already shared my favorite Fudgy Homemade Brownies recipe. I still love those classic fudge brownies… but sometimes I really crave a frosted brownie!
These Frosted Fudge Brownies are a nice balance between fudgy and cakey… I still used the word “fudge” in the title because when you add the frosting, the overall dessert is rich and fudgy, and oh so delicious!
Grab a glass of milk and share these with someone you love =)
How to Make Frosted Fudge Brownies
Frosted Fudge Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a 9"x13" baking pan with parchment paper (leave a bit of parchment hanging up from the sides).
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or a large bowl of your choice), add cocoa powder and baking soda. Stir in butter, then add boiling water and continue to stir until well combined. Add sugar and blend well. Add eggs and vanilla and blend until fully combined.
- Add flour and salt and blend until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips, then pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- When the brownies have cooled, prepare frosting by beating the butter in a medium bowl. Add cocoa powder, then powdered sugar and blend. Slowly add milk (while blending), then add vanilla. Spread frosting onto cooled brownies.
- For easiest cutting, chill the entire pan a brownies in the fridge, then remove brownies from pan by pulling up on parchment paper. Cut using a sharp knife, and wipe off knife between cuts, as needed.