Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes {Recipe}

Chocolate and peanut butter… a marriage made in heaven!

I recently found some cute tiny sized Reese’s peanut butter cups at the store and thought they would look perfect on cupcakes.  I mean how could topping a cupcake with pieces of candy ever be a bad idea?  I used my favorite Chocolate cupcake recipe and topped it with about the most delicious frosting ever!  If you don’t like chocolate and peanut butter together, I can’t help you… but if you do, make sure you have a big glass of milk on hand and go make these!

Chocolate Cupcakes

(makes 24-27 standard sized cupcakes)

2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (best quality available)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (best quality available)
1 cup boiling water

Directions-
1.  Line muffin tin with paper liners. Heat oven to 350*F.
2.  In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3.  Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for one minute.
4.  Stir in boiling water (the batter will be thin, don’t worry, this is right).
5.  Fill liners 2/3 full with batter. (I usually put the batter into a large measuring cup with a pour spout, and     then pour the batter into the liners.)
6.  Bake cupcakes for approximately 22-24 minutes.
7.  Cool completely on wire rack before frosting.

Peanut Butter Frosting

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter

1 cup smooth peanut butter (chose a natural peanut butter, with no added sugar)

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese (cold, directly from fridge)

4 cups powdered sugar

1 tablespoon heavy cream (or milk)

Beat the butter until smooth.  Add the cream cheese, and continue to beat until smooth and fully combined with the butter.  Add the peanut butter and beat until well combined. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue to mix until the frosting is smooth. Add in the cream, and beat another 30 seconds.  Frost cupcakes.

Frosting Recipe by Glorious Treats
Cupcakes Recipe Adapted from Hershey’s

Enjoy!

113 Responses to “Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes {Recipe}”

Mary Grace McNamara — February 27, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Oh man! Those look like killer cupcakes! I'm putting a bookmark on this page!

MGM

shannancy — February 27, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I made peanut buttercream topped brownie cupcakes for my boyfriend on valentine's day.

I hate peanut butter, but apparently I'm really good at turning it into frosting. xD

I made milk chocolate buttercream for myself. Best cupcakes evar… They were chocolatey and chewy like brownies, but with some clever recipe fiddling, they were also light and fluffy.

Yay cupcakes!

Lili — February 27, 2011 at 8:46 pm

OMG these look sooo good!

Joy Adams — February 27, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Wow. I am most certainly hungry for chocolate and peanut butter. My mouth started watering as I was reading the ingredients for the frosting. Thanks.

Sweet Bella Roos — February 27, 2011 at 9:06 pm

MMMM the peanut butter frosting sounds yummy!!

SweetSugarBelle — February 27, 2011 at 9:16 pm

absolutely stunning, Glory-Bee!

sara marina — February 27, 2011 at 9:25 pm

MOST DELICIOUS LOOKING CUPCAKES EVER!!

Sweet Craft Cakes — February 27, 2011 at 10:41 pm

I can not wait to try these!!!!

Stacey — February 27, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Those look oh so very delicious!

Chocolate and peanut butter really is the very best combination.

Blog is the New Black — February 28, 2011 at 2:16 am

I can't wait to make these! Fav combo ever!

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) — February 28, 2011 at 3:22 am

Definitely a flavour combination worth indulging in! These cupcakes look beautiful with that thick frosting..

Wendy Michels — February 28, 2011 at 3:54 am

They look really delicious!

naila — February 28, 2011 at 5:09 am

hi GLORY , I want to try ur cream cheese frosting as i want to create the exact swirls like uv made. could u please tell me the brand of cream cheese u r using . is it philiadelphia? is it the spreadable version or the original one available as a block in a silver foil. coz i made a cream cheese frosting b4 but it wasnt as stiff. it turned out into a pasty texture. wudnt hold the shape fo the swirls. thanx a lot.

this is the recipe i used:

keep up the great work ur doing and keep giving us lovely recipes to try out.

Naila

Kenni — February 28, 2011 at 6:07 am

If I give you my address, will you send these to my house? I'll even pay for shipping… please!

Anonymous — February 28, 2011 at 8:43 am

Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Will be making these very soon.
    AL in Calif.

Chele — February 28, 2011 at 9:00 am

Yum, they look too good to eat though ;0)

Cecilia — February 28, 2011 at 9:59 am

YUM!I can hardly wait to try these! I hope you're feeling better! Love you!

Anonymous — February 28, 2011 at 10:03 am

Glory, can I use cupcake recipe to bake a cake? How long will I need to bake it?
    Tatyana

beth — February 28, 2011 at 10:26 am

Hello, man oh man, what a delightful surprise this would be to make for my family. Your gorgeous photography is enough to make anyone like me to run to my kitchen and start baking. :-)
    This certainly looks sooo yummiliciously delightful! I'm drooling. Can't wait to try the recipe in my kitchen. Have a sweet day and thanks, Glory!
    Beth

Glory/ Glorious Treats — February 28, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Naila- I used 8oz. blocks of cream cheese. Don't use the kind in a tub, that is whipped, so it wont measure the same.
    Use the frosting recipe I have posted (look on my recipes page), and follow the directions and you should have no problems.

Tatyana- Yes, you could make this into a cake as well. The baking time will vary based on the size cake pans you use. For two round 8 inch pans I would start with 25-30 minutes and check it.

Lot-O-Choc — February 28, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Oh yum anything with chocolate & peanut butter in is always a winner in my books, i love the combination!

Sheila — February 28, 2011 at 2:47 pm

These look fab!!

I made very similar ones on Thursday (after eating a gazillion of those baby Reeses).

Katie Yoon — March 1, 2011 at 4:14 pm

your cupcakes look so yummy! I love peanut butter! Thank you for the recipe!

Sarah — March 2, 2011 at 2:54 pm

In your opinion, what is the best quality cocoa? I never know what to buy!

Glory/ Glorious Treats — March 2, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Sarah- I usually use Ghiradelli brand cocoa and I really like it. In general, you could use price as a guide with chocolate, you usually get what you pay for.

Grace — March 2, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Hello Glory,

I'm just wondering why your Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes is calling for 3 eggs and your Perfectly Chocolate Cupcakes only requiring 2 eggs? Will that make a lot of difference?
    You are very talented. I love them all. Thank.

Glory/ Glorious Treats — March 2, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Grace- Wow, you're good! I didn't think anyone would notice! I've been adding the extra egg and it keeps the cupcakes from falling apart as you're eating it. I think I'll add the change to my older post too. As for taste, there is no real difference.

Grace — March 3, 2011 at 7:54 am

Thank you again, Glory. I will try to make the cupcakes this weekend. Keep up the great work.

Christina — March 3, 2011 at 9:56 am

Sometimes a picture is all you need to lure one in; these look great

Vanessa — March 4, 2011 at 7:34 am

Made these last night – OMG so good – I got the best compliment from my husband EVER – in 15 years.

adozeneggs — March 4, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Peanut butter buttercream is one of my favorite things in the world!!
    I didn't get here in time to Congratulate you on your one year anniversary, so Congratulations!!

AliciaD — March 4, 2011 at 7:48 pm

These look fantastic! I'm going to make them soon!

AliciaD — March 4, 2011 at 7:49 pm

These look fantastic! I can't wait to make them!

Anonymous — March 5, 2011 at 12:36 pm

I made these cupcakes this morning…. DELICIOUS!!!!!

Jill — March 7, 2011 at 11:47 am

I made these this weekend and everyone from an 18 month old to my 65 year old father loved them. So easy to make!! My question is did you use a tip to decorate them?? I just use the tip holder without a tip but they weren't completely rounded like yours looks. Thanks for posting….

Wende — March 8, 2011 at 7:54 am

Another great cupcake Glory! I shared these on my Must Try Tuesday this week…

Thanks for the great recipes and tips!

Wende

Anonymous — March 8, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Made it this past weekend for a party and everyone loved it! I thought it was super yummy even though I don't like chocolate (I know, I know, pick your jaw up off the ground). Took leftovers to work and everyone loved it there too. Thanks for sharing!

Linda G.N!! — March 13, 2011 at 5:35 am

I LOVED IT !..

I have been following your blog for quite a while now and I just LOVE every recipe you post !!.. CONGRATULATIONS haha .. you're the best !!

I have recently started my own blog, about me becoming and being a flight attendant and I would love it for you to stop by and read it someday .. maybe you like it and you will follow :)

Glory/ Glorious Treats — March 13, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Thanks ladies for all the great comments! I love hearing from so many of you who have tried the recipe!

Jill- I used a large round tip to decorate the cupcakes. The opening is about 5/8 inch wide. There are several places on-line to find them, including Bake it pretty and Sweet baking supply.

Rose Plated — March 18, 2011 at 2:15 am

This will surely cut my diet first and my hubby will get angry of me for that. LOL. But I really can’t resist eating sweets like this especially with peanut butter. YUM.

Piano Schoenhut — March 20, 2011 at 3:10 am

Those are really cute. I love the toppings and the frostings too. I will make some of this for my students after bible study.

George Quirk — March 21, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Oh my God, man! I think destiny is playing my life! Hehehe… I can't eat sweets for this week because one of my teeth was extracted by my dentist at Myrtle Beach last week. Then now, I came across your blog, it is like I'm making a way crave for sweets. LOL! I love peanut butter frosting! Well I guess, I'm healed next week. I'll keep this link so my mom will cook this for me!

kay-rsa.muslimah — April 8, 2011 at 2:24 pm

i made these today.the frosting is wonderful.mmmm,thank you for sharing ;)

kay-rsa.muslimah — April 8, 2011 at 2:26 pm

i made these today.the frosting is wonderful.mmmm,thank you for sharing ;)

Lisa — April 11, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I made this recipe as a birthday cake for a dear friend the other day. It was three layers with the peanut butter frosting in between the layers. Then, I made your chocolate cream cheese frosting for the outside. This was probably one of the most sinfully delicious desserts I've eaten in a long time. The addition of the chocolate frosting was perfect. Thanks for sharing your recipes and your talent.

Emiko — April 19, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I just made these the other day and they were a HUGE hit! Thank you so much for posting this amazing recipe :)

Anonymous — April 27, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Would you please tell me the expected shelf life for this frosting? love your work…Joanne from Australia

Aint That Pretty... — April 29, 2011 at 10:43 am

I made these for a party…Everyone loved them :Dme included! Thanks for the recipe xoxo

brocksmommy — June 4, 2011 at 8:15 am

Just made these – delicious!! My icing skills aren't as good as yours but they still taste AMAZING. My son ate only the icing and my husband insisted that we save the little bit left over – I think he'll eat it with a spoon. Will definitely make this again! Thanks

Alexis — July 30, 2011 at 5:17 am

I just made these and they are moist and delicious but not too sweet with the cocoa and sugar. I was wondering what the reason is behind adding the cup of boiling water?

Glory/ Glorious Treats — July 30, 2011 at 10:24 pm

@Alexis- The hot water helps bring out the flavor in the cocoa powder.

Christie Ryan — August 4, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I just made this recipe, both the cake and frosting. The chocolate cupcakes turned out great, the peanut butter frosting however, did not. The ingredients were separating and very oily. What brand peanut butter did you use?

Krystal — August 6, 2011 at 10:34 am

Made these last night and they really are so good. The peanut butter frosting makes them! Not a fan of the oil that comes off of the peanut butter though!

wishes she was in italy — August 6, 2011 at 10:39 am

The cupcakes were good but the icing needed a little more milk and it still didn't have quite the right consistency. But they were delicious anyway

Glory/ Glorious Treats — August 7, 2011 at 4:49 pm

@Christie Ryan
    @Krystal
    I use natural peanut butter than is 100% peanuts. If you are using a peanut butter with artificial oil, or added sugar, your results will vary from mine.

shanw7 — August 15, 2011 at 7:10 am

I made these cupcakes this weekend and they are delicious! I've been trying to find a good peanut butter frosting so thank you! I plan on posting my baking process of these on my blog this week…but don't worry, you will get full credit for them and I'll link it to your blog. Thanks again!
    - Shannon

Anonymous — August 29, 2011 at 1:28 pm

What a WONDERFUL website!!! Thank you so much for sharing your recipes and ideas. C: Can you tell me what the shelflife is for your cream cheese buttercream recipes? I know that sugar is the preservative in most BC recipes. Just wondering what your rule-of-thumb is? ( : Thanks again, Mary

Anonymous — September 3, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Your website is fabulous! We just tried making these today, and they are fantastic! Thank you! :)

slyfoodie — September 3, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I tried making these cupcakes today, and they turned out perfect! I hope you don't mind, but I linked the recipe on my blog to share…it's that awesome. :)

Lora — September 28, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I made these tonight and my family loves them! I think I will be making another batch soon. You are my new favorite blog to follow!!

Lora — September 28, 2011 at 9:15 pm

And I did buy natural peanut butter for the frosting and I the frosting was perfect.

Anonymous — October 18, 2011 at 9:38 am

i had alot of frosting left over even though had put plenty on each. they are so good! made for party, will go with different frosting next time as some didnt like pnut butter.

Anonymous — November 16, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I suck at baking, but this recipe turned out perfect! Thanks for posting, not only your recipes but your tips, too.

Anonymous — February 26, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I made the Chocolate Cupcakes with 2 eggs but then I saw under the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes recipe that the cake recipe had 3 eggs. Is there an error or can you use 2 or 3 eggs. Just curious!

Glory/ Glorious Treats — February 26, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Eggs-
    Yes, I'm sorry, it's not a mistake, just an inconsistency. I have made the recipe both ways! There is no flavor difference, but the recipe using three eggs holds together just a bit better. I need to decide on one or the other and have them both the same!

Patsy Medlcok — February 29, 2012 at 10:02 am

From Patsy Medlock:
    Thank you, Glory! I shared the recipe with some friends, along with your web site. I made the recipe with 2 eggs and it was great but I will make a note that either will work but 3 eggs holds together better. Thanks again.

Amanda L. — March 3, 2012 at 9:57 am

My friend's engagement party is tonight and I had left over cupcakes in the freezer from something else. I decided to make the peanut butter frosting. Oh. My. Gosh. To die for! I sent her a picture just to let her know there will be extra food and she is so excited. This has to be the best frosting I've ever had. Definitely going to be used again. And I put crushed Heath candy on top to give it a little bit of a crunch. I can't wait to see her reaction when she tries it :) So, thank you so much!

I hope I did it right, but I tried to attach a picture I took of one. If not, here's a link to the picture (http://instagr.am/p/HuA5rsGvVl/).

Tamara — March 12, 2012 at 10:55 am

I'm a newbie to cupcake baking and this is my first "from scratch" attempt. I was a little apprehensive because I noticed the recipe did not call for butter (for the cupcakes). But wow I feel truly accomplished after making these (just took them out of the oven). They taste superb. Only I could kick myself because I over filled the cups with too much batter so they're over the top and not as cute as in your pics. I did the frosting and it tasted great but it did not come out as smooth as yours. I'm sure I did something wrong somewhere around "slowly add the icing sugar". Ah well, overall it's a fantastic recipe. You're my new fave blog :)

kid2kid3 — April 11, 2012 at 11:07 am

Where do you get your cupcake liners? I need some good ones :0)
    Stephanie

Alisha Mitchell — April 14, 2012 at 10:18 am

I just made them for my hubby and mother in law. They loved them and I did too. The pb I used had added sugar so I used 3 cups if powdered sugar and it was the perfect sweetness. Thx for the recipe!

Adelyn — April 15, 2012 at 9:49 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

Adelyn — April 15, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Hi Glory,

Yummylicious! Gonna bake it this week! Are the cake and icing recipes enough for a 7in 3-layered cake?

Also, i always have difficulty getting my cream cheese frostings to be stiff enough to pipe. Perhaps it's because of the hot and humid Singapore weather? Any suggestions?

Would your icing withstand warm weather?

Glory/ Glorious Treats — April 15, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Adelyn- Yes, this recipe will be perfect for a 3 layer 7" cake.

To ensure your icing is thick enough to pipe, make sure your butter and cream cheese are nice and cold. If you have a large stand mixer, you can mix the butter right from the fridge. If you are using a hand mixer, the butter will have to be room temperature, but the cream cheese can be right from the fridge. Try adding just 1 T of cream (or liquid), and before you use the frosting, put it in the fridge 15 min-30 min depending on how warm your home is, and it should stiffen up enough to hold it's shape. Happy Baking!

Glory/ Glorious Treats — April 15, 2012 at 10:40 pm

@Kid2kid3- I get my brown liners from Simply Caked, http://www.simplycaked.com/

Happy Baking!

Adelyn — April 15, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Thanks Glory! Will try that!

Adelyn — April 20, 2012 at 12:32 am

Hi Glory,

I made the 3-layer chocolate peanut butter cake with ganache! Really nice. i had 2 problems though :

1) the cakes had holes in them
    2) the peanut butter cream cheese frosting was too soft and i did not even add milk or cream.

Any suggestions?

Kristen — June 13, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Made these for the birthday of a co-worker. BIG HIT! Since the I used Skippy Natural Peanut Butter so I reduced the powdered sugar by about 1/2 a cup and it worked beautifully! Next time I’m thinking of reducing the butter by a couple tablespoons to compensate for the oil in the peanut butter. These cupcakes flew off the tray! Yummy frosting!

Nikki Probert — June 24, 2012 at 2:52 am

These look wonderful! If I make them the night before taking them to an event, do they need to be refrigerated?

Thank you so much for the great recipe and photos.

nikki

• Glory replied: — June 25th, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

Nikki- They should be just fine left out at room temperature (as long as it’s not super warm) for a day, or even two. You can refrigerate them if you like, but the refrigerator can tend to dry out the cake.

Lorrie — June 26, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I made these today and I must tell you….. I’m in love! The cake is so moist and fluffy and the icing is so rich and peanut buttery. I don’t like oil in cakes, so I used 1 cup of applesauce and they turned out amazing! I am already directing more people to your site and sharing this wonderful recipe. I will certainly be making these again and again. My only problem though, I didn’t have enough cupcakes for all of the frosting. lol I have a container of it in my fridge left over… guess I need to make another batch! :) Thanks for an amazing recipe! You rock!

Shalee — July 13, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I was worried about these cupcakes because the batter was so thin! But, they turned out perfectly. These cupcakes are amazing and SUPER moist.

Andrea — August 14, 2012 at 5:29 am

I was looking for a recipe to frost my son’s cake when I found this. I’ve decided that I will try this recipe again using 100% peanut butter crushed at my grocery store so it’s not as greasy. Hopefully that makes it so I can frost the cake and not have to worry about the frosting sliding off.

• Glory replied: — August 23rd, 2012 @ 5:15 pm

Andrea, Yes, I use a natural peanut butter, with no added ingredients (except a bit of salt). Also, make sure your butter and cream cheese are quite cool. If needed, you can put the finished frosting in the fridge to firm up (15 minutes or so), before frosting the cupcakes.

Melanie — August 30, 2012 at 7:03 pm

WOW, I made these and they are divINE! They are really the best chocolate cupcake I’ve come across in flavour, texture they are so moist and so fluffy… yes yes, simply the best ones! And the peanut butter frosting, ohhh yeah baby, deeelicious. Way to go on a phenomenal recipe!

Ronica — September 4, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Wow i made these cupcake they came out soooooooooooo good thanks for the recipe my family really enjoyed them…..

Tessie — September 7, 2012 at 4:39 pm

have made your vanilla cupcakes and they have been a big hit. Will be trying out your chocolate ones next week. Question: does it have to be whole milk? Can I substitute a lower fat milk or buttermilk in the recipe?

• Glory replied: — September 28th, 2012 @ 6:57 pm

I don’t think it has to be whole milk, but try not to use fat-free milk. If I only have fat-free on hand, I add a bit of heavy cream to make up the difference. I think 2% milk would likely work fine. I wouldn’t suggest buttermilk, but feel free to experiment.

Nancy — October 20, 2012 at 6:47 pm

My Cupcakes continue to fall, despite using non expired powder and soda. I am using raw organic cocao, is that a problem?

• Glory replied: — October 22nd, 2012 @ 4:02 pm

Nancy- Are you at a high elevation? If not, I’m not sure what the problem may be. The organic cocoa should be perfectly fine to use. Do the cupcakes fall while baking, or after you pull them from the oven? And by “fall”, do they just flatten slighly (which would be perfectly normal), or do they concave?

Ariela Haro von Mogel — November 4, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe! I made these for a party last night, and I was trying to give them to people as they were leaving (trying to watch my girlish figure!) and my husband got all upset because he wanted more for the next day! These were SUPER YUMMMY!!! I normally don’t comment on blogs about recipe – but these were totally worth the time and effort.

Laura — February 3, 2013 at 10:43 pm

My daughter made these for the Super Bowl and they were amazing!! We will be making these again.

J.Noeul — February 20, 2013 at 11:23 pm

hi! I’ve been cheking your recipes and the cupcakes look amazing!!! but I had trouble about the ingridients, because you measure them by volume….so i was wondering if you could put them by weight (perhaps in grams?)…pretty please???

• Glory replied: — May 6th, 2013 @ 3:45 am

Feel free to use google to find a good conversion chart.

Christina Gomez — May 4, 2013 at 1:50 am

Hi Glory, love your blog. Can you please tell the brand off the peanut butter that you use. Thanks !

• Glory replied: — May 6th, 2013 @ 3:46 am

I usually use Trader Joe’s peanut butter, but any “natural” peanut butter should work well. You just want to try and find one without any added sugar.

Tiffany — May 13, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Hello, LOVE the recipe, however it states you used your chocolate cupcake recipe (which requires 2 eggs) however this recipe states it requires 3 eggs is this correct or should I go with 2 eggs? Thank you so much!

• Glory replied: — May 18th, 2013 @ 2:40 am

Yes, I’m sorry, I need to make up my mind =) The recipe actually works quite well either way… I usually like to use 3 eggs and I find it make the cupcakes just a bit more sturdy (the cake is still soft, but doesn’t fall apart as easily).

deliana — June 16, 2013 at 6:33 pm

HI I LOVE ALL OF YOUR ITEMS! do you know what tip you used to make the swirl? like what brand and number tip thanks!?

Tracy — June 17, 2013 at 12:25 am

Hi Glory!

I love your cream cheese frosting recipes, but mine tend to be on the soft side…I live in Florida so I am sure my house is a little warmer than usual. After refrigerating the frosting to let it firm up for piping, do you think the frosting will melt off the cupcake if left out in an airtight container? Or do they need to be eaten immediately? I would love to have these frostings be my “go to” recipes, but I need something that will hold it’s shape on my cupcakes for a day or two. And I don’t want to put the cakes in the fridge because they will be dry!

Dev — June 17, 2013 at 10:30 am

Hi Glory! I love your website! I made these cupcakes today and they are delicious! I was wondering, would they keep ok in a box for a few days? Or should i refrigerate them? Sending many thanks for your inspiration all the way from New Zealand! :)

Laura — July 2, 2013 at 8:56 pm

can you pipe this icing? thsi might be a stupid question but i dont know….

• Glory replied: — September 20th, 2013 @ 4:28 pm

Yes, the icing on the cupcakes pictured it piped on using a large round tip. If the icing is too soft, you can always put it in the fridge for 30 minutes or so and it will firm up.

Cristina — September 17, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I love this recipe and am so excited to try it, but I was just wondering why you pour the boiling water to the egg mixture? Im nervous the eggs will cook and i’ll end up with scrambled eggs!

• Glory replied: — September 20th, 2013 @ 4:27 pm

Hi Cristina, The eggs should be (and will be) well incorporated into the batter before you add the hot water, so you should have no problem at all. I have made this recipe at least a hundred times and it’s never been an issue. Happy baking!

1. Pingback: Chocolate Cupcakes with Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting - My Kitchen Fixation

2. Pingback: kissmyquotes.com: » Peanut Butter Frosting on Chocolate Cupcakes

3. Pingback: Chocolate Mini Cupcakes with Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting | Coffee&Fries

4. Pingback: The path to gluttony… | Crescent Number Nine

5. Pingback: Chocolate Mini Cupcakes with Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting | A Lunchtime Duet

6. Pingback: Chocolate Mini Cupcakes with Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting | A Lunchtime Duet

7. Pingback: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

8. Pingback: Chocolate Mini Cupcakes with Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting » Bacon Egg & Cheese{cake}

9. Pingback: Cute Cupcakes Recipes | Lady From USA