It seemed only fitting to kick off the first day of fall with an easy pumpkin recipe! These Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Bars are super simple to mix up and are a perfect snack cake, or breakfast treat. These bars have a mild pumpkin flavor, a nice balance of spices, and lots of yummy white chocolate chips (my favorite part!). These bars have more of a cake texture than cookie, so if you want to call it Pumpkin Snack Cake, go for it!
Ready to kick off your fall baking?
After you whip up these Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Bars, you can try a few more of my fall favorites…
How to Make Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Bars
Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 12 oz white chocolate chips 1 package
- Prepare a 9"x13" pan by lining it with parchment paper, or greasing it with bit of butter.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices and set aside.
- In another large bowl whisk together the melted butter and sugars. Add the egg, then vanilla and pumpkin and blend together well with the whisk (no need for an electric mixer).
- Pour the bowl of dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, add the white chocolate chips and blend together with a spatula or wooden spoon just until fully incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly in the pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until it appears set and a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Cool fully, then cut into bars as desired.