Perfect Homemade Brownies
I guess I need to start with the title of this post, Perfect Homemade Brownies… yes, I know the word “perfect” is quite presumptuous. Certainly tastes and opinions will vary quite a bit from person to person…. so it would be impossible for everyone to agree on what is “perfect”. I guess that’s one of the luxuries of being the author of a blog… I can pick what is perfect to me! =)
I recently asked the question on my Glorious Treats Facebook page, “…what make a brownie perfect to you?” Although there was quite a range of descriptions (and I love how passionate you all are about brownies!), the vast majority included the word “fudgy” in your description. If you are one of those “fudgy” brownie lovers, these are for you! If you like “cakey” brownies, you may still want to give these a try… they may have just enough (flavor/texture) balance to win you over!
These brownies are rich, full of chocolate flavor, fudgy and moist (without being overly dense or oily). I would describe them as “better than a boxed mix” brownies. They have very similar qualities to a great boxed mix, but a deeper flavor.
I’ve made (and eaten) quite a few brownies in my life. They are one of my favorite desserts. I’ve been searching for a perfect homemade brownie recipe for a while, and I believe I’ve found it!
Enjoy these delicious brownies with a glass of milk, or scoop of vanilla ice cream. They are sure to be a family favorite!
How to Make Perfect Homemade Brownies
Perfect Homemade Brownies
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder optional
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 2 teaspoons
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips semi sweet
- Preheat oven to 350*F and lightly grease a 9"x13" pan. If desired, line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add 4 eggs, and beat with cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder and vanilla. Stir until fully combined and smooth.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt butter in the microwave (or melt in a small sauce pan on the stove). When melted, add sugar, and stir to combine.
- Add warm butter/sugar mixture to the egg/cocoa mixture, stiring until smooth. Make sure the butter mixture is warm, but not too hot, or it will scramble your eggs.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips to batter and stir until fully incorporated.
- Spread batter into prepared pan, and smooth as needed.
- Bake brownies about 30 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the brownies and making a little divit so you can see the center a bit. You should find moist crumbs, but no wet batter.
- Cool pan on wire cooling rack.