This Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake is the perfect addition to your holiday gathering! A rich and moist chocolate bundt cake topped with a peppermint candy coating that creates an incredible flavor combination! This is one you won’t want to miss!
Looking for more Christmas desserts? You won’t want to miss these Peppermint Oreo Krispie Treats and Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes!
This rich and delicious Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake is perfect for your holiday celebrations!
This recipe starts with a simply perfect chocolate bundt cake, and then is topped with a beautiful peppermint and white chocolate coating.
Add some crushed candy canes, sprinkles, or peppermint candies for a beautiful and festive cake that makes a perfect holiday centerpiece!
Chocolate and mint seem extra special around the holidays… but this cake is so delicious you’ll want to enjoy it all year round!
I created this pretty treat in partnership with Nielsen-Massey Fine Vanillas and Flavors.
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
I love holiday baking… but I don’t love going to the grocery store during the holidays!
I do my best to make sure I stock up early in the season on all of my favorite baking staples… so I can spend less time shopping and more time baking in my pajamas! =)
One ingredient that is a MUST in almost every one of my favorite holiday recipes is Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract.
I love knowing that I can rely on Nielsen-Massey vanilla for a beautifully rich and complex pure vanilla flavor.
When I take the time to bake something beautiful, artificial flavors just wont do!
I rely on the over 100 years of experience of Nielsen-Massey and its commitment to producing high-quality products that are all-natural, certified gluten-free, certified Kosher, allergen-free and non-GMO.
In addition to Nielsen-Massey’s amazing vanilla extract (and vanilla bean paste… another one of my favorites), Nielsen-Massey has a full line of high-quality extracts in other flavors you’ll want to keep your pantry stocked with!
I love their almond extract (so amazing in cookies and cakes), lemon (perfect in frosting and royal icing) and my holiday favorite, peppermint!
Keep your pantry stocked with Nielsen-Massey pure extracts and you’ll be ready to bake amazing treats all through the holidays!
I love the contrast of the white chocolate coating on the beautiful dark chocolate cake, but feel free play with other beautiful icing options as well…
You can make a simple Chocolate Ganache by heating 1/3 of a cup of heavy cream and pouring it over a bowl that has 1 cup of good quality chocolate chips. Allow to sit a couple minutes at room temperature, then stir until fully melted and well combined. Add 1 teaspoon peppermint extract and stir well. Allow to cool a few minutes to thicken, then pour over cake as desired.
Another alternative would be my Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting. This style of icing could be either spread on the bundt cake, or piped on using a large round piping tip.
This Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake is just perfect to enjoy with a cup of coffee, tea or milk.
And the unmistakable peppermint flavor is sure to put you in a festive holiday mood.
More Christmas Treats To Try
There is nothing better than the dessert table at the holidays! Here are some more of our favorites to delight friends and family during the holiday season:
How to Make Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Nielsen-Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup sour cream full fat preferred
- 2 cups flour
- 8 ounces white chocolate or vanilla candy coating
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract
- Crushed candy canes chopped peppermint candies of your choice, or sprinkles
- In a small saucepan add butter (chopped into a few large chunks), cocoa powder and water. Heat on medium heat until butter melts. Stir as needed. Remove from heat and set aside to cool (allow to cool about 10 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare bundt pan by greasing well with butter and then sprinkling about 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder inside the pan and rotating the pan until it has a nice even coating of cocoa.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir to combine.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture and blend until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and sour cream. Pour into chocolate batter and blend well.
- While slowly mixing, add flour and blend just until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then turn pan upside down onto a wire cooling rack. Leave pan upside down on cooling rack a few minutes and the cake should release on its own.
- Allow cake to cool before adding the topping.
- Melt white chocolate (or vanilla candy coating) in the microwave at 50% power in 30 second intervals. Check and stir frequently.
- When mostly melted, remove bowl from microwave and set aside a few minutes, then stir again until smooth.
- Add peppermint extract and stir well to combine.
- Pour peppermint white chocolate over on top of the cooled cake.
- Add chopped peppermint candies or sprinkles or your choice. Allow topping to set up a bit before serving.
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
Happy holiday baking!
Disclosure – I created this recipe in partnership with Nielsen-Massey. Partnering with brands I love allows me to provide you with high quality content at no cost to you. I only work with brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.
Perfect cake recipe i got here
thanks for sharing
Anant Khurana says
This recipe looks perfect for my son’s birthday cake
This looks super yummy! I will be making this soon! Love you!
Alyssa T says
I made this for our Christmas celebration with my family yesterday. It was a huge hit. Absolutely delicious Chocolate cake and the white chocolate peppermint topping was just the right amount of Pepermint to make the cake festive. Great recipe Glory ❤️. I will be adding this to my Christmas baking recipes fOr future Christmases.
Yay! So happy to be part of your Christmas in this way! Happy New Year Alyssa!
Perfect cake for the season! ! ! Nielsen-Massey is my favorite vanilla as well! That’s all I keep in my kitchen!
YUM! This cake looks so good and perfect for Christmas! ♥
Thanks so much Natalie! I just love chocolate and mint together!