Festive Peppermint Oreo Rice Krispie Treats are the perfection to holiday dessert tables and Christmas cookie trays! Easy to make and so much fun to eat! The whole family will love this peppermint infused rice krispie treat recipe!
Looking for more peppermint recipes? Try my Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake and Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes!
This past weekend I wanted to make a yummy dessert for visiting family, but was short on time. I needed something that would come together quickly, but still be festive and delicious.
I love rice krispie treats, and often rely on them when I need something quick. With rice krispie treats in mind, I looked in my cupboards and found Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe Joe’s (how did they get there?). I thought the hint of mint would be a perfect way to add a festive touch to the treats. In a short time, I had a whole plate of pretty Peppermint Oreo Krispie Treats! (I’m using the term Oreo here because everyone knows what they are, but as I mentioned, I made these with Peppermint Joe Joe’s)
My sister-in-law declared these to be the best rice krispie treats she’s ever had! And I think everyone else loved them too, because the plate was empty by the end of the night.
These are a perfect quick treat that travels well, and can be packaged up as sweet little gifts.
Love rice krispie treats? I have several other cute and delicious variations filed with the Brownies & Bars (here).
How to Make Peppermint Oreo Krispie Treats
Peppermint Oreo Krispie Treats
- In a large bowl, add cereal and crushed cookies. Mix to combine.
- In another large, microwave safe bowl, add marshmallows and butter.
- Microwave 2 1/2-3 minutes, or until the marshmallows are super fluffy, and melt together when stirred.
- Stir together, until the marshmallows and butter are fully combined.
- Pour melted marshmallows on top of the cereal and cookie mixture. Use a spatula that has been sprayed with cooking spray to quickly mix the marshmallow cream and cereal together. Stir until combined.
- Quickly, pour/scoop the sticky mixture into a prepared 9″x13″ pan. Spread the mixture around, and press down with spatula.
- While the cereal treats cool, crush 2 or 3 candy canes in a small ziplock bag. Sprinkle crushed candy on top of krispie treats.
- Melt the white chocolate by placing chocolate in a piping bag or heavy ziplock type bag, and microwave at 50% power until nearly melted. Kneed the bag a little in your hands (careful- it will be hot!) Snip off the end of bag and drizzle chocolate on krispie treats
- Repeat as above with semi-sweet chocolate.
- Top krispie treats with mini M&M’s or festive sprinkles.
- Allow chocolate to set before cutting into squares.
Your recipe has been featured here > http://sweetmeetsbakeshop.com/2016/04/08/fully-loaded-rice-krispie-treats-recipe-history/
Happy Friday and keep on desserting!