S’mores Rice Krispies Treats {Recipe}

I’m back with this week’s final instalment of “S’mores Week”.  So far I’ve shown you…

Chocolate S’mores Cupcakes

S’mores Pops

Graham Cracker S’mores Cookies

and now… possibly my favorite of the bunch,

S’mores Rice Krispies Treats!!

As I was making these, my husband came in the kitchen and asked what I was making and I said “I don’t know”.  I just knew I wanted to make a really delicious, gourmet version of Rice Krispies treats that included all the flavors of s’mores.  I am SO happy with the final results and I think this is one of the most delicious things I’ve ever made!!  (And if you haven’t noticed… I’ve made a few delicious things before!)  A good friend stopped by while I was photographing these and I gave her one, although she mentioned she wasn’t a big fan of rice krispies treats.  Well, after a couple bites she said she was really sorry I had given her one… because they were SO good, now she was going to have to make some!  =)

S’mores Rice Krispies Treats

(Recipe by Glorious Treats)

3 Tablespoons butter

4 cups mini marshmallows (or about 40 regular/large marshmallows)

5 cups Rice Krispies cereal

1 cup Golden Grahams cereal

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

(Top layer)

4 oz semi-sweet chocolate (or about 1 cup chocolate chips)

10 full sized graham crackers, broken in half (slightly more or less, depending on the pan you use)

40 large marshmallows (approximately)

Directions-

Butter (or spray lightly with cooking spray) a 9″x13″ pan.

In a large microwave safe bowl, place 3 tablespoons of butter (cut into a few pieces), and 4 cups of marshmallows.  Microwave about 3 minutes (stirring after 2 minutes)  watch the microwave, cooking times may vary.  Cook in microwave until butter and marshmallows are melted.  Stir gently.

Add rice krispies and golden grahams cereal and stir to combine. (try using a plastic or silicone spatula sprayed with a bit of cooking spray).

Add mini chocolate chips, stir quickly, and immediately pour mixture into prepared 9″x13″ pan.  Press into pan (with spatula).

Melt semi-sweet chocolate (or chocolate chips) in a microwave (at 50% power), in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals.  Heat until just melted.  Spread chocolate on top of rice kripies treats in pan.

While the chocolate is still warm, lay graham cracker squares on top, leaving a tiny bit of space between each cracker (as shown below).

Put entire pan of “treats” in the fridge or freezer (or a cool location) until the chocolate has set (about 10-15 minutes).  Cut into squares with a sharp knife, using the lines between the graham crackers as a guide.  Place treats on a large baking sheet, separated slightly.

Cut large marshmallows in half, (just a couple at a time), and place cut side down onto graham crackers, (as shown below).

When all the graham crackers are topped with marshmallows (ignore my photo, I ran out of marshmallows), use a kitchen torch (or propane torch) to toast the marshmallow.  If you don’t have a torch, this would be a fun reason to get one… OR, you can toast the marshmallows in the oven.  Preheat your oven to broil.  Place baking sheet of treats in the oven, leaving the oven door slightly ajar.  Broil about 30 seconds, watch them, they can burn quickly!

Allow to cool, then enjoy!

(Or package in an airtight container for up to two days… but seriously, just eat them now!)

And thanks to my dad for not thinking I was (too) crazy when I asked him to cut me some logs to “take photos of”  =)

I’m adding these treats to Tidy Mom’s I’m Lovin’ It post.

58 Responses to “S’mores Rice Krispies Treats {Recipe}”

At Anna's kitchen table — July 21, 2011 at 10:41 am

Heavenly!

Sunny & Star — July 21, 2011 at 11:00 am

This look delicious. I love rice crispy treats and these take those up a notch.

Karly — July 21, 2011 at 11:01 am

Lord have mercy.

Candy@The Party Bakery — July 21, 2011 at 11:15 am

yuummmyyyyy!!! I need to stop reading blogs I'm going to gain 10 pounds…lol…last night we made funnel cakes from Pizzazzerie and now I'm going to have make these!!:D

Kreatív konyha — July 21, 2011 at 11:50 am

It looks delicious!!!

BigBearswife — July 21, 2011 at 12:00 pm

These look perfect, and it is taking all the will power I have not to run into the kitchen and start making these right now

lifetasteslikefood — July 21, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Holy cow these look AMAZING!! LOVING your smores series by the way. Must make some of these recipes. Thanks for sharing!!! :)

SweetSugarBelle — July 21, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Ive been waiting for my package and they are not here yet! Perhaps they got lost?;) or did that mean old postmaster eat them?!

cookies and cups — July 21, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Oh how I love these!! they are absolutely perfect..and I am a krispie treat connoisseur…just sayin :)

Bea @ CancunCookies — July 21, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Glory!!!! These look deli! I'm sure I'll make them soon :)

Emily — July 21, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Okay, I don't know how you create such mouth watering treats! You're too great.

Emily http://www.mywordsinterestslife.blogspot.com

Cecilia — July 21, 2011 at 7:43 pm

YUM! I love all things s'more and I will be busy making these treats! Love you!

Nica — July 21, 2011 at 10:38 pm

it looked so yummy! :))))

Tammy @ Events By Tammy — July 22, 2011 at 5:22 am

They look so yummy!

Kristan — July 22, 2011 at 7:09 am

Glory, these look like perfection!!

The Partiologist — July 22, 2011 at 7:40 am

I love rice crispy treats and these sound amazing!

Martha — July 22, 2011 at 7:41 am

What a nifty and delicious concoction!! LOve it!

Karissa — July 22, 2011 at 7:51 am

My husband would LOVE these – I'll have to try them. Thanks for sharing!
    By the way, I made your flag cake on the 4th of July and it was a huge success.

Allison @ Alli 'n Son — July 22, 2011 at 8:09 am

How awesome are these! I love your photos.

I hope you'll stop by and share this recipe with Sweet Tooth Friday. http://www.alli-n-son.com/2011/07/21/sweet-tooth-friday-blueberry-cheesecake-ice-cream/

Clarissa — July 22, 2011 at 9:14 am

OMG!!! All of these s'more treats are killing me they all look amazing!!!

Anne — July 22, 2011 at 9:51 am

Yowza! What a great idea and they look so yummy!

Mizz Entice — July 22, 2011 at 11:31 am

OH EM GEEE!!! Those look delish…

Katie — July 22, 2011 at 11:54 am
    Sue — July 22, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Oh no, they're calling my name! Now I can use my torch for the first time:)

Kaia — July 22, 2011 at 3:49 pm

You must stop!! I've gotten hooked on trying different s'mores recipes! Yummmm

Jenn (Cookies Cupcakes Cardio) — July 22, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Awesome smores recipes this week! I love summer for the sole reason of digging out the chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers! I will have to try them with the rice krispie squares. Your pictures with the log props are beautiful!

Elizabeth L in Apex, NC — July 23, 2011 at 5:35 am

These are awesome! I can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing your creativity once again!

Kristine — July 23, 2011 at 5:15 pm

These look too good! Now you have me craving s'mores (and rice crispy treats)!

Lot-O-Choc — July 24, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Mmm these look so good! Love the shot of the marshmallows being toasted!

Lissa (Bellenza) — July 24, 2011 at 3:29 pm

What a "grand finale" to S'mores Week! These look absolutely scrumptious!

Chic Cookies — July 26, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Wow, these look incredible! As promised, I'll be sure to post on S'mores week over at EdibleCrafts!

JessDesserts — July 27, 2011 at 8:29 pm

I absolutely must try these! I used to make the sort-of-smores ( Idk what they were called) from the back of the box of golden grahams and these are like the gourmet version!!

Anonymous — July 29, 2011 at 6:50 am

yumyyyyy!!!

Melanie — August 11, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Holy cow, I think I'm in love!! I should really stop reading your blog, what with two more months before I'll be Gestational Diabetes free, it's just torture!!

Anne — August 16, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I made these last night for a bake sale we had at work today. I made 50% more of the cereal base and used a 10" x 15" jelly roll pan. That's the only size that works if you're using 4 grahams across and 5 down since they're 2.5" square. I also melted milk chocolate chips instead of semi sweet because real S'Mores are made with Hershey Bars and they are milk chocolate. These were a big hit at the bake sale and I thought they were delicious! I will make them again, for sure!

The Daily Smash — January 13, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Yum Yum Yum I want this now lol. Great blog check out my food blog.

Have a great Day :)

Darlene — February 23, 2012 at 6:28 am

Look so yummy. Have to try these. Thanks.

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — May 31, 2012 at 9:03 am

Wow, I'm at a loss for words about these treats. Let's just say you have really outdone yourself here. And I'm totally getting a torch :)

nicooolle — November 1, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I made these yesterday & they turned out wonderful! I did make a slight change- For the chocolate on top- I used the entire bag of semisweet chocolate chips and added a half can of sweetened condensed milk to make the topping a little sweet and fudge-like. They look so pretty you don’t want to eat them! (Until you take a bite, then it’s all over!) Thanks for the great recipe!

1. Pingback: Fun Rice Krispie Treat Ideas

2. Pingback: Recettes de riz Krispies Treat: beurre d’arachide, chocolat et plus | Ya20 News

3. Pingback: Ingredients, Inc.10 Best S'mores Recipes: A Summer Favorite

4. Pingback: S’more Holland

5. Pingback: S'mores Reinvented | Toronto4Kids Blog

6. Pingback: S’mores Rice Krispies Treats | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

7. Pingback: S’mores Rice Krispies Treats | After the Ivy League

8. Pingback: S’more Pinterest Friendly Posts

9. Pingback: Food for Thought | Hudson Family Photography » Cynthia Marie Photography

10. Pingback: Baking, Holidays, and Santacon! – fleeting fox photography

11. Pingback: S’mores Rice Krispies treats. Recipe here! | HoneyMash

12. Pingback: 20 Alternatives to Traditional Smores - B-Inspired Mama

13. Pingback: 20 S’Mores Recipes

14. Pingback: S’mores Saturdays: The Ultimate Roundup of 75 S’mores Inspired Recipes

15. Pingback: Decorator in a Box

16. Pingback: s’mores chocolate fudge bars | Diary of a Crazed Cook

17. Pingback: The Ultimate List of S’mores Ideas | The Rugged Babe

18. Pingback: 4th of July: Food, Fun & Footfalls | The Lentzed Life

19. Pingback: Delicious Recipes for Rice Krispie Treats - MotivaNova - MotivaNova