Sweet, tart and simply delicious, these Raspberry Lemon Muffins are a perfect little treat!
These pretty muffins would be great as part of a breakfast or brunch menu, or simply as an afternoon snack!
Fluffy and moist lemon muffins are studded with fresh raspberries for a deliciously fresh and tart combo.
This is a perfect recipe to make use of fresh summer raspberries.
I think this recipe would be equally delicious with fresh blueberries, small blackberries or a combination of berries.
Wouldn’t you love to see one of these pretty muffins greet you for breakfast?
Raspberry Lemon Muffins
Raspberry Lemon Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup oil I use extra light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zest 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400*F. and line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another large bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, lemon juice, vanilla and lemon zest and whisk until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir just until combined (do not over-mix).
- Gently fold in fresh raspberries.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter, place muffins in the oven and then REDUCE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 375*F.
- Bake at 375*F. for 18-20 minutes.
- When the muffins have been baked, prepare glaze by simply whisking together the powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- When the muffins are cool enough to hold, dip muffins in lemon glaze, then allow the glaze to set while the muffins finish cooling.
Supply note – Pink cupcake papers from Confectionery House.
Love berries? Here are a few more of my favorite recipes using fresh summer berries…
Lemon Cream Puffs with Fresh Fruit
These sound so amazing! I love baking with raspberries and lemon!
Madeline Reeves says
These sound so amazing! I make lemon poppy seed muffins all the time and I was looking for a new recipe because I love lemon but needed to mix it up for family brunch this week! Thanks for sharing, I think my mom is going to love these!
Maria @ kitchenathoskins says
Buttermilk and oil would make an ultra moist muffin! Perfect summer recipe
Quirky Writes says
These look amazing!
Lemon and raspberries.. Yummy! Must be delicious!
A perfect little muffin for summer! Yum!
These look so good, Glory! I wish I had some right now!