As much as I love fancy desserts, there is something extra comforting about a thick, delicious cookie bar! These Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars are rich, flavorful and always a hit!
I recently took a plate of these to my girls school and dropped it off in the teachers lounge… by the end of the day I had 3 requests for the recipe!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter 1½ sticks , melted
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 oz mini peanut butter cups 1 package, chopped (about 1½ cups)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Prepare a 9"x13" baking pan by lining with parchment paper (on the bottom and up at least two sides, leave a little overhang for pulling out the bars once they're baked).
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir and set aside.
- Blend together the melted butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat until well combined.
- While blending, slowly add the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Add chopped mini peanut butter cups and chocolate chips and blend just until combined.
- Scoop batter into the prepared pan, and use an offset spatula to smooth out.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until light golden brown and the center is set.
- Allow to cool before cutting or removing from pan.
Love bar desserts? Here’s a link to all of my Brownies & Bars.