Delightfully cute, sweet and flavorful… these Mini Lemon Pound Cake Muffins are a perfect treat with tea, or as a snack anytime!
So… it’s entirely possibly I’m an old lady. Let’s examine the evidence… I like to craft, I recently drove 10 hours to go to a quilt show, and I love tea parties!
Then of course there’s my love for baking… but I don’t think that’s news to you!
To be fair, I have mentioned my love for tea parties before.
There is just something so special about planning a luxurious amount of time to sit and enjoy tea and beautiful food
I’m always looking for recipes that would be nice with a tea party menu and these Lemon Pound Cake Muffins are just perfect! Of course, these cute little muffins would be great for a (wedding or baby) shower menu, a nice brunch, or a little treat anytime!
I was inspired to create a recipe perfect for a tea party when I was recently was introduced to Tate+Lyle® Fair Trade Certified Sugars.
Tate+Lyle® is a trusted British brand, now available in the U.S., that has graced Britain’s finest tables for over 130 years!
Tate+Lyle® Sugars are Fair Trade Certified, so your purchase means fair prices and opportunities for small scale sugar cane farmers to invest in their communities for a sustainable future. Learn more about how Fairtrade makes a difference here.
How to Make Lemon Pound Cake Muffins
Lemon Pound Cake Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds optional
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup Tate+Lyle® Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream any fat content
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 zest of lemon about 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners, or spray lightly with cooking spray. I used a silicone mini muffin pan and did not need to use cooking spray or liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt, then set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar, then continue to beat until light and fluffy (1-2 minutes).
- Add eggs (one at a time), then sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon zest. Blend until well combined.
- Slowly pour in the bowl of flour and blend just until fully incorporated.
- Scoop batter (using a cookie scoop if available) into prepared pan.
- Bake mini muffins 12-14 minutes. Bake full sized muffins 18-20 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan (after a few minutes) and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice to create a glaze, then dip the tops of the muffins in the glaze. Allow glaze to set (10 minutes or so).
For more inspiring recipes and special offers from Tate+Lyle® Sugars, like their Facebook Page and join their email list for inspiring recipes and special offers from Tate+Lyle® Sugars. Now available at Walmart. Watch for new Tate+Lyle® Gourmet Flavored Beverage Syrups that are coming in Fall 2014 for brightening up coffee and tea time!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment below sharing your favorite flavor of tea, or favorite treat to enjoy with tea.
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/6/14-9/6/14
Be sure to visit the Tate + Lyle® Sugars brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!