As much as we love sweets in our house, when it comes to the Super Bowl there is one food that is always on the menu… Buffalo Chicken! I love the flavors of Buffalo Chicken and wanted to play around a bit this year and make something perfect for the Super Bowl, but also a great appetizer for any time of year! These Buffalo Chicken Pastry Bites combine all the yummy flavors of Buffalo Chicken in an easy to make, easy to eat appetizer!
This recipe starts with Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Cups, available in the freezer section. These little guys are perfect to keep on hand for quick appetizers!
Gather your ingredients (as listed in the recipe above). Then, fill the little cups, serve and enjoy!
I created this recipe as part of my ongoing work for Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry as a member of their “Puff is Spark” panel.
Last month I shared these Cinnamon Sugar Pastry Twists and asked you to share your ideas for using Puff Pastry. Over the next couple months I’ll be bringing you delicious and creative recipes using Puff Pastry and choosing my “top pick” from your suggestions from the previous month.
In the spring, I will chose my favorite from the highlighted “top picks” and that reader will win a grand prize trip to travel to the Pepperidge Farm Headquarters!
My top pick from last months suggestions is from Julie, who said… “I would want to do some kind nutella & cream cheese pinwheel — a quick & easy dessert – easy to make and eat!” Yum, sounds delicious!
So here’s your opportunity to chime in and share your original ideas for using Puff Pastry. Please share your ideas in the comment section of this blog post.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pastry Bites
Buffalo Chicken Pastry Bites
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Cups
- 2 large boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
- Franks Red Hot or similar hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1.) Bake the Pastry Cups according to the package directions. Once baked and cooled, remove the center cutout (press down on the center with the back of a wooden spoon, then use a small knife to lift out the cutout)
- 2.) Cut the chicken breast into large strips, then cook in a skillet. Sprinkle with salt & pepper while cooking.
- 3.) In a medium bowl add 2/3 cup Franks Red Hot and 2 tablespoons butter. Microwave until warm (cover with a paper towel before heating).
- 4.) Cut up the cooked chicken into small pieces (about the size of a pea). Toss the chicken in the bowl of hot sauce, and stir to fully coat.
- 5.) Dice a stalk of celery.
- 6.) Assemble the appetizers by adding a few pieces of the (coated) chicken into the pastry cups (press it in a bit). Top with a few crumbles of blue cheese and a few small pieces of celery.
- 7.) Serve immediately.