Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
Summer calls for treats that are simple, cool and delicious!
This NO BAKE Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake is the perfect summer treat!
You’ll be amazed at how easily this comes together… and you’ll love how delicious it is!
The “secret” that helps this recipe come together so quickly is Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
That’s right, all you need to make this gorgeous Ice Cream “cake” is delicious Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, vanilla ice cream and a simple homemade fudge sauce!
No one will guess how easy this recipe is once they take that first bite!
Delicious cookies packed with chocolate chunks… creamy vanilla ice cream… rich fudge sauce… what’s not to love?
As much as I love baking, there are times when I just need a simple and delicious treat without heating up the house with the oven!
But when I take the time to make anything in my kitchen, I want to use the best ingredients I can!
I was excited to learn that Otis Spunkmeyer has just introduced a full line of sweet treats with a superior, home-made taste and No Funky Stuff… their treats are made with no artificial flavors or colors, no high fructose corn syrup and no partially hydrogenated oils.
From cookies, to muffins, to snack cakes… there are lots of delicious new options from Otis Spunkmeyer for a quick treat, or as the starting point for a simply delicious recipe!
Look for this new line of Otis Spunkmeyer treats on-line via Amazon Fresh, and in grocery stores nationwide including Walmart.
If you’re a fan of Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches, this is the perfect dessert for you!
The quick and easy fudge sauce is the perfect touch to take this simple dessert up a notch!
Of course a nice salted caramel sauce would be delicious too… or feel free to add both!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
This simple ice cream "cake" is a delicious no-bake treat!
10-12 large Chocolate Chip Cookies (I used Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Chunk Cookies)
1/2 gallon carton of good quality vanilla ice cream (see directions for adjustments)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature while you prepare the cookie "crust".
- Prepare "crust" but arranging cookie pieces on the bottom of a springform pan. Start with cookie halves, then fill in with smaller pieces as needed.
- Scoop slightly softened ice cream onto the "crust" and use an offset spatula to smooth as needed. I only used about 3/4 of the carton of ice cream, but you can decide how thick you want the ice cream layer. Immediately place ice cream "cake" into the freezer to set up.
- When the ice cream has set up, but is not frozen hard, add a layer of cookies as the top "crust". Press down into the ice cream slightly (as needed). Return entire dessert to the freezer to set up fully before serving (4 hours or overnight).
- Once the ice cream "cake" is fully frozen, remove the outer ring of the springform pan, and with one hand on the top of the cookie cake, and one hand on the bottom of the springform pan, roll the outer edge of the ice cream "cake" onto a plate of mini chocolate chips. Return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- Before serving, prepare fudge sauce by heating the heavy cream in a bowl in the microwave until hot, but not boiling. Remove from microwave and add semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir gently until the chocolate has melted and is fully incorporated. Move to the fridge to cool and thicken slightly. If making the fudge sauce ahead of time, store in the fridge and it can be easily re-heated in the microwave just before serving.
Recipe source - Glorious Treats
Disclosure – I created this recipe in partnership with Otis Spunkmeyer. Partnering with brands I love allows me to provide you with high quality content at no cost to you. I only work with brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.