I’m not sure if there is any food more closely associated with summer than ice cream. It’s cool, refreshing, and there’s a flavor for everyone!
This delicious homemade peach ice cream combines two summer favorites… peaches and ice cream! Fresh, ripe peaches are delicious on their own, but when you combine them with creamy homemade ice cream, you have a really special treat!
If you’ve never made homemade ice cream before, this would be a perfect recipe to start with. This peach ice cream recipe is very simple, but produces such delicious results!
We haven’t had an ice cream maker for several years and I’d been missing homemade ice cream badly! I recently discovered that KitchenAid has an Ice Cream Maker attachment that I can use with my Kitchen Aid stand mixer, so that was a perfect fit! I keep my Kitchen Aid (stand mixer) out all the time, so it’s super simple to just grab the Ice Cream Maker bowl from the freezer and make ice cream any time I want! I have a feeling this is going to be an extra delicious summer! =)
How to Make Homemade Peach Ice Cream
Homemade Peach Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk whole
- 1/4 cup honey warmed slightly
- 6 tablespoons sugar 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons sugar additional
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 peaches
- Prepare peaches by peeling, and removing the pit. Puree ONE of the peaches (in a blender or food processor) until smooth. Dice the other peach into small pieces (about the size of a pea). Set peaches aside.
- In a large bowl add the cream, milk, honey, and sugar. Whisk a minute or so, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add vanilla.
- Add peach puree and diced peaches and whisk or stir until well combined.
- Taste for sweetness and if desired, add additional sugar (1-2 tablespoons), then whisk until dissolved.
- Pour ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the freezing directions.
Do you make homemade ice cream in the summer? What is your favorite flavor? I have a long list of flavors I plan to try in our KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker!
Shopping note – I noticed that currently all KitchenAid attachments (including the ice cream maker) are 20% off (using the discount code on the site).
So I tried this recipe last night in me kitchen aid ice cream attachment and I had difficulty getting the ice cream to solidify. I ended up having to put the mix in the freezer before I could serve it. I have had this problem with other recipes too. Any tips on using the ice cream attachment?
I used the Kitchen Aid Ice Cream maker/bowl and that does require freezing after mixing. I’m not sure if you have a different kind of attachment, but the instructions on mine require freezing after mixing if you want firm ice cream. The attachment generally produces a soft serve (or thick milk shake) type consistency on it’s own, and requires additional freeze time for true ice cream.