Valentine’s Marshmallow Pops

Here’s a Valentine’s treat that is super easy, and perfect to send along with your little sweeties to share with their friends.  My daughter’s love to help make these.  I’ve made them several times (and for different holidays by simply changing the sprinkles) after seeing the idea several years ago on Grace Violet.

All you need…

One bag of Strawberry Marshmallows

Chocolate

Sprinkles

Lollipop sticks

Small cellophane bags (if you want to wrap them up)

~ Directions ~

1.  Push a lollipop stick into each marshmallow.

2.  Melt some chocolate (chocolate chips are not recommended)  I usually use Ghirardelli chocolate (found in the baking aisle).  You will probably need 4-8 oz. of chocolate, depending on how many marshmallows you dip.

3.  Dip one marshmallow at a time into the chocolate.

4.  Allow excess chocolate to drip off, then sprinkle your choice of sprinkles onto the chocolate.

5.  Set the marshmallow pop (stick down) in a mug to allow the chocolate to set (you can put the mug of pops in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes)

6.  Once the chocolate is set, if desired, wrap each pop in a small cellophane bag.

7.  Share with friends =)

If you’re feeling domestic this weekend, here are a few other Valentine’s treats to try…

Chocolate Rolled Cookies

Chocolate Cupcakes

Cranberry White Chocolate Bars

Decorated Valentine’s Cookies

Easy Chocolate Mousse (from a mix)

32 Responses to “Valentine’s Marshmallow Pops”

Joy Adams — February 9, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Can't believe I am your first comment for this post. I love everything you do. Your's is my favorite site to go to.

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair — February 10, 2011 at 4:04 am

Yummy! I am so going to try this! xo

148CookieStreet — February 10, 2011 at 7:43 am

I made these last week for a bake sale–the committee priced them 2 in a bag (I had bagged and tied with curling ribbon) .50¢ each and they flew off the table–I kept my cost lower by using platic coffee stirrer sticks instead of regular sucker sticks (mine were red so they looked super cute with pink marshmallows!)

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) — February 10, 2011 at 7:52 am

So effective! I love the colours

Michelle — February 10, 2011 at 8:05 am

These are absolutely adorable! Love them! They look so cute "wrapped" up too!

HiLLjO — February 10, 2011 at 9:41 am

That's a great use for flavored marshmallows!!!

Cecilia — February 10, 2011 at 10:13 am

Super cute!
    Love you!

Kiwi Cakes — February 10, 2011 at 11:14 am

Glory, these look so cute, what a great idea for kids parties, I'm seeing them on my party tables for years to come, with the sprinkles ever changing. I only wish we could get the seasonal M&M;'s in NZ. They just never come here. We only get the regular ones.

Anonymous — February 10, 2011 at 1:41 pm

What if I want to use white chocolate? Which kind is best for this project?

BAKING COLOURS — February 10, 2011 at 5:33 pm

lovely recipe!…kisses and happy valentines day!.

Stunning- — February 10, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Love this!
    I just blogged about your great little recipe… stop on by!

~*Wende*~ — February 10, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Love these! I wish I had seen this post before I did goody bags for my kids classrooms.

You are one of my favorite blogs and I would like to pass on the Stylish Blogger Award to you. You may see the post at http://therickettchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html.

Thanks for all your great posts!

two hippos — February 11, 2011 at 12:58 am

These look delicious!

Lot-O-Choc — February 11, 2011 at 9:10 am

So simplee yet so pretty! I love how youve photographed them too, they look amazing, I'd love to get one of these for Valentines Day!

Rowaida — February 11, 2011 at 10:41 am

Hi Glory, wonderful to see you on twitter you, I am following you, I wish you could add me to your following list my account is http://www.twitter.com/Rowaida

Best Regards,
    Rowaida Flayhan

SweetSugarBelle — February 11, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Sheila/Pixie's Treats — February 12, 2011 at 8:18 am

headed to the store now. so cute. thanks.

L — February 13, 2011 at 5:52 am

I am doing this today, Glory. As soon as my twins saw it, they had to do it for their classmates. <3

Anonymous — February 13, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I used wooded skewers (very inexpensive) in a vase. Really cute!
    Pam

Things to Do — February 18, 2011 at 12:31 pm

These were great and so super easy!! Thanks for sharing.

dining tables — March 28, 2011 at 8:21 pm

These are so nice! I like the idea. It can't be just used for Valentines.

karmucaycuquino — September 30, 2011 at 10:58 am

me encanta tu blog
    un saludo desde

Kreations by Kristina — February 15, 2012 at 9:47 am

I made SO many of these over the last 2 days! Love them!! They seemed to be a bigger hit then the cake pops I made for Halloween!! Love how easy they are!

sharon — June 23, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I did something similar for my son’s valentines day treats, but i used heart-shaped marshmallows and sprinkles. You can see the results here http://shaibaer.blogspot.de/2011/02/valentines-treats.html

Melissa — June 29, 2012 at 9:12 pm

I just made these for my daughter’s first birthday party. The theme is pink and brown giraffe so I used pink marshmallows, chocolate, and pink sparkly sprinkles. They turned out so cute and fit the theme perfectly. Party is tomorrow so I’m excited to see what everyone thinks of them! Thank you for the idea!!

Ashley — October 26, 2012 at 3:24 am