Mango Lime Cheesecake
Before we let summer slip through our fingers, let’s enjoy one last summer inspired treat!
This Mango Lime Cheesecake is rich, creamy and bursting with tropical flavors!
The recipe starts with a flavorful graham cracker crust and coconut crust, then is filled with a thick, creamy layer of cheesecake infused with mango and lime, and finally it’s topped with a tart mango citrus glaze and whipped cream.
The recipe will take some time to prepare, but one of my favorite things about making cheesecake is they can (and should) be made a day in advance, so there is very little prep on the day you serve it.
My fridge is always stocked with Challenge butter and cream cheese and this cool and creamy Mango Lime Cheesecake is the perfect recipe to highlight fresh, high quality dairy products like Challenge Dairy.
I love using Challenge products because they are made from all natural ingredients and never contain any hormones, additives or fillers.
Challenge cream cheese is fresh from the farm to the fridge in just two days! Challenge uses fresh milk and cream from local dairies and it’s ready to be put in the diary case in just 24 hours!
It’s important to me to chose high quality ingredients when I’m baking. If I’m going to take the time to make desserts from scratch I want to make sure the end results are truly delicious!
Let’s get baking!
Disclosure – I created this recipe as part of an ongoing partnership with Challenge Dairy. Partnering with brands I love allows me to provide you high quality content at no cost to you. I only work with brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.
Mango Lime Cheesecake
- 1 mango fresh, ripe
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 8 oz cream cheese 3 packages
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 mango fresh, ripe
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toasted coconut as garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Melt butter in a small bowl, then set aside. Crush graham crackers and then add remaining ingredients (including butter) to a medium bowl. Stir together until well combined. Pour mixture into a 9" springform pan and use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to press the mixture firmly into the bottom and about 1 inch up the side of the pan. Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Gather all of your ingredients on the counter so your cream cheese and eggs can warm up to room temperature.
- Zest limes and set aside zest, then juice the limes. Peel the mango and cut the fruit from around the pit. Add mango and fresh lime juice to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and continue to blend. Add eggs, one at a time (while blending). Add sour cream, vanilla, mango/lime puree and lime zest. Blend until all ingredients are smooth and well incorporated. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust.
- Prepare the cheesecake pan to be baked in a water bath (as follows). To prepare water bath, wrap the cheesecake pan (bottom and sides) with foil, (you may need to criss cross two sheets of foil) so that no water can get into the pan. Place the foil wrapped cheesecake pan in a large roasting pan or baking dish, then pour HOT water into the roasting dish until the water is about 1" deep. Carefully move to oven and bake.
- Bake cheesecake in pre-heated oven at 325*F (note this is reduced from the crust baking temperature) for 60-65 minutes, until the center barely jiggles when nudged. At this time, turn OFF the oven and open the oven door part way. Allow the cheesecake to slowly cool in the oven for 1 hour. Move cheesecake to the counter and cool an additional hour. At this time, move the cheesecake to the fridge (cover with foil) and chill for AT LEAST 6 hours, or overnight.
- Once the cheesecake has chilled at least 6 hours, prepare the glaze. Peel mango and cut the fruit from around the pit. Add mango, lime juice and lemon juice to a blender or food processor and blend until fully smooth. After blending, if desired, pour puree through a fine strainer to make sure the puree is very smooth.
- In a small saucepan add cornstarch and sugar and whisk together. Add a few tablespoons of the mango puree and whisk to combine. Turn on the heat to medium and begin to gently cook. Add remaining puree, whisking to combine. Increase heat to medium-high and cook just until it begins to boil. Boil 30 seconds (while whisking), then remove from heat. Continue to stir to allow the glaze to cool a bit, then pour into a bowl and move to the fridge to cool further.
Prepare whipped cream
- In a chilled bowl, whip heavy cream until it begins to thicken. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to whip until stiff. Add whipped cream to a large piping bag, fitted with a tip of your choice and pipe a thick boarder of whipped cream around the cheesecake.
- Pour mango glaze in the center of the cheesecake, then use an off-set spatula to spread carefully to meet up with the whipped cream.
- Garnish cheesecake with toasted coconut and lime zest, if desired.