Coconut Sugar Cookie Cups
These pretty Coconut Sugar Cookie Cups with Fudge Filling are rich, buttery and flavorful!
This is simply the perfect recipe for anyone (like me) who loves coconut and chocolate together!
Rich, buttery, coconut-y sugar cookie cups are filled with a simple chocolate ganache and topped with toasted coconut… YUM!
These cookies would be a gorgeous addition to an Easter meal, or are perfect to enjoy any time of year!
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
Chocolate is such a natural fit for these coconut cookies… but I think caramel, or a simple buttercream frosting would be delicious as well!
I baked these cookies in a standard sized muffin pan, but you could certainly make them in a mini muffin pan if you prefer (just adjust the baking time).
If you love coconut and chocolate together as much as I do, here are a few more delicious recipes to try…
Coconut Sugar Cookie Cups with Fudge Filling Recipe
Coconut Sugar Cookie Cups with Fudge Filling
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup unsalted Challenge butter 1 1/2 sticks, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a standard sized muffin tin by spraying with non-stick spray, or moistening a paper towel with oil and wiping the inside of each cup.
- In a medium sized bowl, add flour, salt, baking powder and coconut, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and blend until well incorporated.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and coconut extract and blend until fully combined.
- While slowly mixing, slowly pour the bowl of dry ingredients into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Blend just until all of the flour is combined and the mixture forms into cookie dough.
- Use a 2 tablepsoon sized cookie scoop to measure the dough, then roll into a ball and place one ball of dough in each muffin cup.
- Use the backside of a tablespoon sized measuring spoon to create a crater in the center of each ball of dough. Dip the tablespoon into a small bowl of flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking to the tablespoon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until just beginning to get a hint of golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then remove cookie cups and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Prepare filling by heating the whipping cream in the microwave until hot but not boiling. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips (in a small bowl), allow to sit about a minute, then stir until the chocolate chips have melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Allow filling to cool a bit, until slightly thickened, but still pour-able. Spoon the filling into the center of each cookie cup, top with a bit of toasted coconut (if desired), and allow to fully cool.