Brownie Bites with Homemade Frosting
Need a pretty dessert to feed a crowd? Impress your guests with delicious little brownie bites with homemade frosting!
From time to time I am asked to make dessert for a large group…such a church or school event, or large party. Although I love making desserts totally from scratch, time is not always on my side! I like to have a few ideas up my sleeve that are pretty, delicious, and easy to make for large events.
If you start with high quality, store bought brownie bites and dress them up with a selection of delicious homemade frostings, you can easily make dessert for a crowd! I used delicious brownies from Sugar Bowl Bakery, available at Costco and many local grocery stores.
If you need to brush up on your piping skills, feel free to reference my post on How to Frost Cupcakes, which includes a quick video, and shows which piping tips produce which final look.
Which of these tasty little brownies would you chose first… raspberry, vanilla, mocha or mint?
Disclosure – I was provided products from Sugar Bowl Bakery for dessert for my daughter’s school auction. I only work with companies I love and promote products I truly use.
How to Make Homemade Buttercream Frosting
Homemade Buttercream Frosting
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter 1 1/2 sticks, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese 1/2 package, cold
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream or 1 Tablespoon milk
- fondant flowers and/or sprinkles garnish
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder dissolved into 2 tablespoons of hot water
- garnish chocolate covered coffee beans garnish
- 3-4 Tablespoons raspberry jam preferably 100% fruit spread
- fresh raspberries garnish
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or 1 tablespoon milk
- green food coloring
- chopped chocolate mint candies garnish - such as Andes mints
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and beat until fully incorporated and smooth.
- While slowly blending, add 1-2 cups powdered sugar.
- Add liquid and flavoring ingredients based on your flavor choices below, and blend.
- Add remaining powdered sugar, and beat until all ingredients are well incorporated, and frosting is fluffy (20-30 seconds).