Blueberry Cheesecake Danish
During the holidays, you may have a few extra occasions to serve and enjoy some special breakfast treats. Whether you’ll have extra family visiting, or simply your kids home a bit more, a big breakfast with a few special treats is always a welcome site!
This recipe is sure to please, and is much easier to put together than you might imagine!
Utilizing Pepperidge Farm’s Puff Pastry and a few simply ingredients, you’ll have a fancy breakfast treat everyone will love.
Be sure to allow time for the puff pastry to thaw (either over night in the fridge, or at room temperature about 45 minutes), but once your ingredients are ready, the recipe will come together quite quickly.
(above) Unfold one sheet of pastry, brush with butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Cut into 6 strips, as shown.
(above) Twist the strips.
(above) Coil each strip into a circle, tuck the end under and pinch to adhere.
(above) Create a small crater with the back of a spoon, then add about 1 teaspoon sweetened cream cheese, and 1 teaspoon jam. Bake as directed in recipe above.
Enjoy the fresh pastries with coffee or milk for a special breakfast treat.
Be sure to visit the Puffection TM tab on the Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Facebook page and share your own holiday Puff Pastry recipes, and www.puffpastry.com for more recipes, tips and how-to videos.
Disclosure- Pepperidge Farm has provided me with supplies and/or compensation for time invested in the Pepperidge Farm® Puffection TM Holiday Entertaining challenge. All text, photos and opinions are my own.
How to Make Blueberry Cheesecake Danish
Blueberry Cheesecake Danish
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon
- 2.66 oz cream cheese 1/3 of an 8oz package, softened
- 17.3 oz Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets 1 package, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves or strawberry jam
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup sliced almond toasted
- Heat oven to 400*F.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, or line with parchment.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar.
- In another bowl, add the remaing 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1/3 package of cream cheese. Blend together with a spoon.
- Melt butter in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Sprinkle your work surface with a bit of flour. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Brush the pastry sheet with half the butter. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- With the short side facing you, cut the pastry sheet lengthwise into 6 strips. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 12 in all (pictured below).
- One at a time, twist the pastry strip, and then roll into a coil (as pictured). Tuck the end of the coil under the pastry, and pinch the pastry to keep the end in place.
- Use a small spoon to create a crater in the center of the pastry, then add about 1 teaspoon sweetened cream cheese, then about 1 teaspoon jam. Move pastry to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strips.
- Bake danish about 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow pastries to cool on baking sheet a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- While the danish bake, prepare glaze. Add powdered sugar to a bowl, then add milk. Stir and set aside. Drizzle over baked pastries, and top with sliced almonds.