This easy and delicious Coconut Lime Cheesecake Mousse is a summer inspired treat you can enjoy even in winter!
Cream cheese and heavy cream are whipped to perfection with fresh lime juice, lime zest and sweetened coconut.
The results are a rich and creamy treat that will take your taste buds on a mini tropical vacation!
The entire recipe comes together in under 20 minutes, so it’s perfect for a quick treat… but pretty enough to share with guests when entertaining.
This recipe was created in partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market.
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
Here in California, citrus season is here to perk up winter!
On a recent trip to my local Sprouts Farmers Market I was inspired by the selection of fresh citrus fruit, including gorgeous blood oranges, Meyer lemons and fresh limes.
For me, limes just remind me of summer and tropical flavors… margaritas, anyone? =)
So I wanted to create a recipe using fresh limes that would give me the flavors of a perfect summer treat… even in the middle of winter!
The bright, fresh flavor of limes is a perfect complement to the richness of coconut, so I just love those two flavors together.
I was able to easily find all of the ingredients for this recipe at Sprouts… fresh limes, shredded coconut, beautiful wide sliced coconut, and a perfect little cookie (Sprouts Coconut Rolls) as a gorgeous garnish!
The results are a rich and creamy treat pack with fresh tropical flavors… and the whole dessert is gluten-free!
I almost always find a fun new product to try each time I visit Sprouts!
The cute coconut roll cookies were new to me, but they turned out to be a delicious little treat that would be perfect with so many desserts… or as simple treat with a cup of coffee or tea.
Feel free to swap out the coconut roll cookies with a graham cracker or vanilla wafer cookie, or omit the cookie all together.
Love coconut desserts? Here are a few more of my favorites to try…
Coconut Cut Out Cookies – Buttery and delicious, perfect as is, or as a canvas for decorating.
Coconut Macaroons – Perfectly rich, chewy and better than any bakery cookie!
Samoa Cupcakes – Chocolate Cupcakes topped with Salted Caramel Frosting and toasted coconut… yum!
Coconut Pudding Trifle – Creamy and delicious!
The recipe as listed makes four modest servings. Feel free to adjust the recipe if you are serving more than four people.
This no-bake cheesecake mousse dessert comes together in about 20 minutes, and can be enjoyed immediately, or stored in the fridge and served several hours later.
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
How to Make Coconut Lime Cheesecake Mousse
Coconut Lime Cheesecake Mousse
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar divided
- 8 oz cream cheese 1 block
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut additional - toasted, for garnish
- 1 coconut cookie or graham cracker, for garnish
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream until it begins to thicken. While mixing, slowly add 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Continue to beat until the mixture is thickened and holds a stiff peak. Do not overbeat or it will become overly thick and clumpy. Scoop into a bowl and put in the refrigerator.
- In the empty mixer (no need to wash), add cream cheese and beat until smooth. Continue mixing and add remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Then add the vanilla, 1/2 cup coconut, lime zest and lime juice. Blend until well combined.
- Stop mixing, and add about 1/2 of the whipped cream. Blend gently on low just a few seconds. Add the remaining whip cream and again blend on low, or fold in gently with a spatula. Blend just until combined.
- Spoon mixture into dessert dishes and place in the fridge while you toast the coconut for garnish. Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and bake at 300°F for 3-5 minutes. Watch it carefully, and stir it around once in the baking time, as needed to get an even bake. Once baked, move to a cool plate to cool just a couple minutes before adding to desserts.
- When ready to serve, retrieve the desserts from the fridge and garnish as desired with toasted coconut, a thin lime slice and a coconut cookie.
Disclosure – I created this recipe in partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market. Partnering with brands I love allows me to provide you with high quality content at no cost to you. I only work with brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.