Bananas Foster Frosting… aren’t those beautiful words together? =) Add those beautiful words with the gorgeous image above and you have one of my favorites from Courtney Whitmore’s new book, Frostings.
Yes, that’s right, a whole book dedicated to frosting! It really is the “icing on the cake”!
Certainly it’s no secret I love homemade frosting, and my friend Courtney, from the beautiful entertaining blog Pizzazzerie does too! She’s just released a gorgeous new book full of delicious and creative frosting recipes.
I recently got my hands on this beautiful book, and Courtney is allowing me to share one of her delicious recipes!
Now, this Bananas Foster Frosting is just the beginning…
Frostings is full of recipes for frostings, fillings and glazes from simple Lemon Glaze (pictured below) to Toffee Sundae Frosting (also pictured below).
How to Make Bananas Foster Frosting
Bananas Foster Frosting
- 1/2 cup banana mashed (about 1 large banana)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dark rum optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mash banana in a small bowl with the lemon juice.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth (1-2 minutes).
- Add mashed banana and beat until well incorporated and smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time (while slowly mixing).
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, rum and vanilla.
- Beat until all ingredients are well incorporated, and frosting is light and fluffy.