Vintage Bunting Baby Shower

I recently had the honor of hosting a baby shower for my little sister, Joy  (don’t be confused… if you’re a long time follower, you may realize that my youngest daughter has the same name).

We knew that the baby-to-be would be a boy, with the name Jeremiah already decided (to honor a recently deceased very special Grandpa).  I also knew that baby Jeremiah’s room was painted a beautiful, soft blue.  Along with Joy’s leading, I chose a color palate of mixed blues, along with touches of green to pull the party elements together without the typical “themed” feel.  I created a fabric bunting using fabrics in various colors, both solid colored and polka-dot to add a bit of a vintage feel.  The bunting was an element that I included in the invitations and the cookie favors as well (as you’ll see below).

Please join us for baby Jeremiah’s shower…

One of my very favorite elements of the food table was the antique blocks shared by a long time family friend (Sally), that were used to spell out sweet Jeremiah’s name.  We also used more of these antique toy blocks on the little side tables and drink tables outside (where most of the party took place).

The party menu included…

Croissant sandwiches filled with delicious Chicken Salad

Fresh fruit

Simple Caprese Salad

Homemade pasta salad (not pictured)

Chocolate Cupcakes

Decorated Sugar Cookies

Fresh fruit served in individual treat cups (these are from Shop Sweet Lulu).

Delicious Caprese Salad, one of my favorites!

(Tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, dressed with salt and pepper)

I often make these Chicken Salad Sandwiches for parties.  The chicken salad can be made a day or two in advance, and they are always enjoyed!

For the sweets, I made Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting, and topped them with simple, pre-made flowers (from Sweet Estelle’s Baking Supply).  I also made decorated Sugar Cookies, some to be enjoyed at the party, and others wrapped as favors.

The favors were a single, special sugar cookie, decorated with a little bunting design (I’ve posted the bunting cookies tutorial HERE).  I packaged the cookies as I’ve show HERE.  The personalized labels and the finishing paper trim on the packages were from Paper Jacks.  I displayed the cookies in vintage milk glass, and Hull Pottery.

Here’s another look at the favor cookies, which were inspired by the custom invitations by Swish Designs, and then packaged with perfect labels and paper ribbon from Paper Jacks.  Donna of Swish Designs did a great job creating a special invitation to incorporate the look of the fabric bunting.

In the kitchen, I had a table for drinks (iced tea, lemonade and water).  I used extra fabric from the bunting I’d made to tie around mason jars, to be used as drinking jars.  I carefully calculated the number of different fabrics I had, and then used 4 different colors of straws (from Shop Sweet Lulu) and was able to have each jar have a different combo of fabric and straw color, thus identifying each glass (without name tags).

Although baby Jeremiah was due to arrive a month after the shower… apparently he’d heard about “Glorious Treats” parties and didn’t want to miss it!  He arrived quite early (at 32 weeks) but was surprising healthy (thank you Jesus!) and was able to come home less than 3 weeks after delivery, and made it to his own shower!

And what did he think of the party…

…it was just dreamy!

Party notes:

All styling and photography by (me) Glorious Treats.

Recipes linked below (or near) the appropriate item within the post.

Invitations by Swish Designs *Use the code GLORIOUS at checkout with any Swish Designs order on Etsy for a 10% discount.

Polka-dot treat cups and paper drinking straws from Shop Sweet Lulu.

Cookie favor labels and paper ribbon from Paper Jacks.

63 Responses to “Vintage Bunting Baby Shower”

~ko — May 22, 2012 at 5:57 am

Congrats to your sister! What a sweet shower! I love the color combo and all the touches!

Nechy — May 22, 2012 at 6:03 am

Qué fiesta más bonita, me encanta todo lo que preparaste y tu sobrino es precioso!! Que tengais todos mucha salud para disfrutar de él.
    Un besete!!

Cookbook Queen — May 22, 2012 at 6:08 am

I am in LOVE with that cookie packaging!!! As always, the shower is perfectly styled. And what a sweet baby!!

Will you come throw MY shower? ;)

cookies and cups — May 22, 2012 at 6:23 am

What a gorgeous table!!

Anonymous — May 22, 2012 at 6:57 am

Beautiful, just beautiful!! I love the soft colors and your serving pieces are wonderful!!
    Jeremiah is precious!

Penny — May 22, 2012 at 7:05 am

Oh Glory, that is all so gorgeous! You just have this amazing knack for putting things together so perfectly.

And that delicious little baby? Just made my uterus skip a beat, OMG.

Congratulations to your sister and your whole family!

Anonymous — May 22, 2012 at 7:25 am

As I was scrolling down and thinking that the cookies were the cutest things I'd ever seen, I saw your nephew, and he is even cuter! Congratulations!

Anne @ Have a Cookie! — May 22, 2012 at 7:30 am

Beautiful shower and I adore the cookies!

Jaclyn's Cookies — May 22, 2012 at 7:33 am

You're parties are always so beautiful! Love the bunting and "baby" cookies. And Jeremiah is so handsome! Very glad to hear that he's doing well after showing up so early.

dalia — May 22, 2012 at 7:54 am

Congratulations to your sister, what a beautiful little baby boy! You are soooooo talented, you have an amazing eye for detail and your photographs look like they were taken by a pro. You are just amazing and such a big inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

SaraLove — May 22, 2012 at 7:54 am

it's all very beautiful! I will organizer a baby shower for my baby boy in 13 June I need Ideas :-)
    kiss Sara from Italy

Christine-SugarCravings — May 22, 2012 at 7:58 am

Glory this post gave me chills!!! Such a beautiful baby boy and your shower elements were perfect! I especially love the favor cookie and the beautiful packaging. Great job and what a lucky sister you have! :)

Tram Luu — May 22, 2012 at 8:07 am

Wow! The bunting design on your cookies are amazing! I would surely get a bubble crater in something so tiny. I love the party set up. Sweet & precious just like your nephew. (I am drooling over all your milk glass & jadeite!)

Charlotte Moore — May 22, 2012 at 9:17 am

I looked at the recipe for the chicken salad and saw where we could vote for you. When I clicked on it Alphabetical was not listed. IS there another way to vote for you.

I love your blog.

charlottewmoore@gmail.com

Bea @ CancunCOOKIES — May 22, 2012 at 9:23 am

Beautiful, Glory! I am glad the baby is in perfect condition!

Victoria — May 22, 2012 at 9:27 am

What a fabulous shower and what an ADORABLE baby boy! So happy for you and your family – what a blessing!

Cecilia — May 22, 2012 at 9:33 am

I'm so glad Jeremiah is healthy! He is so sweet! Welcome Jeremiah!And I really love the green cake stands, they're beautiful! Love you!

Lissa (Bellenza) — May 22, 2012 at 9:35 am

Can't get over how "pristine" this party looks! Every detail is just so lovingly and perfectly executed…and the color scheme is divine!

Kathy - Tickled Peach Studio — May 22, 2012 at 10:13 am

Beautiful shower!

Jessica Ross — May 22, 2012 at 10:15 am

Everything looks wonderful (especially the food!!)

Where did you acquire your apothecary-esque beverage dispenser? I've been looking for one for summer Sangrias ;)

Glory/ Glorious Treats — May 22, 2012 at 10:19 am

@Jessica Ross- The drink dispenser is from Cost Plus World Market, I bought it last year, but I think they may still have the same style.
    Happy Shopping!

Beki — May 22, 2012 at 11:35 am

You amaze me with your dessert set-ups. You're so talented with the staging.
    And the cookies are perfect!

Sue — May 22, 2012 at 11:49 am

Oh my gosh, you didn't miss a thing! Gorgeous shower! The cookies are my favorite, and I can't wait for the tutorial:)
    Love the surprise (and happy) ending to this post:)

Lauren @ Baby Lifestyles — May 22, 2012 at 11:51 am

Gorgeous, beautiful, elegant, and I'm sure Joy felt nothing but love from her sister! And I absolutely love the use of the alphabet blocks. They add such a whimsical element. Can we feature it on our site?

mividaenundulce — May 22, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Oh…congratulations…!!! The baby is so cute.
    And your table is just perfect.

Pear Tree Greetings — May 22, 2012 at 1:29 pm

What an adorable party! I love it, those cookies look amazing, what a great job. Everything matched so perfectly and your photos are great.

Liz @ Arty McGoo — May 22, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I'll say it was dreamy! All of the details are perfectly gorgeous and I can't get over those cookies. swoooooon!

Heather Kinnaird — May 22, 2012 at 2:06 pm

stunning!

Monika Wright — May 22, 2012 at 5:06 pm

lovingly prepared, beautifully displayed and meticulously styled…just like everything you do! love it all!

D.J. — May 22, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Such a lovely party Glory. I especially love the color palette you've chosen.

Susie — May 22, 2012 at 5:47 pm

your eye for details is amazing. I love the color scheme, the cookies (simple and uber-elegant) and that baby is totally squeeze worthy!

Cherry's Prairie Primitives — May 22, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Loved all the colors and design!!

photo baby shower invitations — May 22, 2012 at 6:51 pm

The food are amazingly declious!

Joy Adams — May 22, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Thank you for all of your hard work. I truly did enjoy my shower and all the special detail. Love you so much. You are an awesome sister.

Jacqueline — May 22, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Love everything about this shower!! Congrats to your sister.

NORLYDA YUSOFF — May 22, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Hi. So Lovely.
    Really a good idea. I luv d deco too.

Kim - The TomKat Studio — May 22, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Adorable as always, Glory! Those cookies are amazing! xoxo

Shanna — May 23, 2012 at 6:10 am

Just love that little baby face!!! And the color combination is so sweet :)

Brant Cookies — May 23, 2012 at 9:31 am

My sister is due in Oct. can't wait to start the shower planning! What a gorgeous shower for a gorgeous little boy!

Darla | Bakingdom — May 23, 2012 at 8:33 pm

What a gorgeous shower!!! You're a wonderful sis!

Linda Shields — May 24, 2012 at 6:01 am

I am so happy to have found your inspiring blog in Artful Blogging. You really are a food artist! Can't wait to link you to my little blog. Linda at HomeForGod.Net.

Timothy — May 28, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Hi Glory. The photos are great and everything looks wonderful. I'm curious, the cupcake liners…are they also from sweetlulu as well?

Ally Moston — May 31, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Hi! How did you make the frosting for the cookies? Loved it all!!!

Festive Party Girl - Angie — June 1, 2012 at 8:14 am

What a perfect shower. The colors are great and I love the hydrangeas. The menu is absolutely perfect.

baby shower photo invitations — June 2, 2012 at 6:12 am

Very beautiful baby shower!

SweetSugarBelle — June 2, 2012 at 11:24 pm

What I wouldnt give to have a Glory shower! I don't blame him for wanting to com!

mamita — June 11, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Congratulations, everything is more than beautiful, excellent! you didn't leave any detail out. Awesome.

Shanna C — June 13, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Glory ~ would you mind if I used this idea for a baby shower in July? The hostess just gave me the go-ahead to ‘have fun with it’ and I would love to try these designs and colors.

• Glory replied: — June 13th, 2012 @ 6:21 pm

Shanna- Feel free! I think it’s such a fun design and I’ll look forward to trying it again myself! If you post then on a site or blog, please add a little credit, as you feel appropraite. =)

Lauren Reid — July 12, 2012 at 11:18 am

Absolutely beautiful- as all your parties are ! Do you mind telling me where you got the platter the caprese salad is on? Thanks!

• Glory replied: — July 12th, 2012 @ 10:30 pm

The platter was from Crate and Barrel about 5 years ago. Sadly, they don’t sell the same exact style, but they do have similar platters.

Mrs. C. — July 30, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Beautifully done…I’m going to steal some of your ideas. Can you tell me how many croissant sandwhiches you got out of your chicken salad recipe?

Heather

Esther Lee @ The Frosted Cake Boutique — August 27, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Hi there, I’m looking for your vanilla cream cheese frosting recipe on your site, but every time I click on the link to retrieve it, it comes back to your home page. Would I be able to get a copy of this recipe sent to my email please?
    Thanks so much, I absolutely love your site! Great ideas here!

• Glory replied: — August 27th, 2012 @ 3:58 pm

Hi Esther, Sorry for the trouble! For some reason, depending on your computer system, older links within posts are not working. I am working on updating those old links. In the meantime, you should be able to always find what you are looking for by using the directories at the top of the site (“Recipes Index”, etc.). Here is the direct link to the frosting recipe, http://www.glorioustreats.com/2010/02/recipe-cream-cheese-frosting.html

Sunny — September 25, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Beautifully styled as always. I really love the way you packaged the cookies. It looks so professional with the colored paper in the back. Genius.

Esther Kim — January 18, 2014 at 11:46 pm

The gorgeous blue bowl that you have the sugar cookies in, do you mind sharing where you got those? Thanks!

• Glory replied: — January 20th, 2014 @ 10:01 pm

Hi Esther, Thanks! The blue pottery is vintage pottery from a company called Hull. If you look on e-bay for “hull pottery” you will find a lot. You will likely have to look though a lot of listings to find some similar pieces, but they can be found from time to time. Happy hunting!

1. Pingback: Chevron Baby Shower « Making It With Danielle