Vintage Pastel Christmas

I’m so excited today to be sharing a special Christmas project I’ve been planning for several months!

This year I wanted to create an extra special dessert table for a home holiday party.  Something to kick off the Christmas season in style!  I took my inspiration from some vintage pink pottery I’ve been collecting and then added some color accents of light blue and aqua.  As a former florist, I had to include some beautiful flowers, and then some sparkle in the form of both new and vintage ornaments helped complete the design.

Please enjoy my Vintage Pastel Christmas…

Included on the table were…

Vanilla Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (frosting recipe HERE)

and royal icing snowflakes (how-to HERE)

Decorated Sugar Cookies (recipe HERE)

Coconut Date Bites (recipe soon)

Handcrafted Marshmallows (by Fusion Sweets)

Assorted candies

I thoroughly enjoyed exercising my rusty floral design skills and made flower arrangements that included pink roses, pink and white mini carnations, light pink alstroemeria, and seeded eucalyptus.  I also tucked in some pretty ornaments along with the flowers.

~ Details ~

Flower arrangements, cookies and cupcakes made by Glory Albin (Glorious Treats)

All set up and styling Glory Albin (Glorious Treats)

Photography by Gene Chutka and Glory Albin.

111 Responses to “Vintage Pastel Christmas”

NiamhG — December 10, 2010 at 12:10 am

Wow. That is one beautiful table. I love it. I honestly mean it when I say it's the prettiest thing I've seen in a long time. Wow. Wow. And more Wow.

Sue — December 10, 2010 at 12:34 am

Absolutely STUNNING and GORGEOUS!

Haniela — December 10, 2010 at 2:50 am

Totally Gorgeous!

Terry — December 10, 2010 at 4:18 am

Simply beautiful!!

Stephanie — December 10, 2010 at 4:26 am

I'm gasping at these images. Such a perfect display. The pastels were used so cleverly it still invokes a holiday spirit. Wonderful job.

JC's Loft — December 10, 2010 at 5:01 am

This is absolutely stunning!!!! I have a feeling I might be seeing this around blog land here in a bit, wow!

I love the colors, the ornaments tucked into your arrangements, and the table ware you used!

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!

Paula

Whimsy Cookie Co. — December 10, 2010 at 5:13 am

ohhh…this is absolutely beautiful!!!

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) — December 10, 2010 at 5:21 am

Truly stunning! It would be a pleasure to experience this.

Pam — December 10, 2010 at 5:36 am

Glory……your creations and photos are always the absolute best…..but this collection is over the top. Everything is pulled together into a wonderland of pastel Christmas. You have out done yourself, dear friend!

Samantha — December 10, 2010 at 5:52 am

Glory-this is stunning!! WOW!

Darla — December 10, 2010 at 6:16 am

That has got to be the prettiest display of yumminess I have seen in a long time!! Absolutely fabulous job!!

Sarah-Lyn — December 10, 2010 at 6:33 am

What an absolutely stunning party theme! Just love those colour combinations, very pretty :)

SL
    ibakecupcakes.com

Kim — December 10, 2010 at 6:35 am

Wow! This is amazing looking!

TidyMom — December 10, 2010 at 6:56 am

GLORY!…….I think this is one of my favorites you've ever done……and I've never been a fan of pastels for Christmas……but girl I am ALL over IN LOVE with this!!

Not sure what is more amazing, the goodies, the photos or the styling…..incredible…….

Happy Holidays hun!!

Kristan — December 10, 2010 at 7:09 am

Tidy Mom sent me over to check out this post…and I am IN LOVE!!

Gorgeous.

I am wondering if you would share where you got the large teal and silver dragees on the cookies…I LOVE them!!

Kristan
    Cookbook Queen

Michelle — December 10, 2010 at 7:15 am

Adorable!!! You did a great job and i love the colors!

The Karkins Family — December 10, 2010 at 7:44 am

Absolutely beautiful!

Tammie — December 10, 2010 at 8:12 am

dThis is gorgeous!!! It looks like a fantasy Christmas wonderland. I think all your work from the cupcakes, flowers and to the display are incredible! Thanks for sharing.

Charlotte — December 10, 2010 at 8:19 am

This is so pretty!

Sweets by Belle — December 10, 2010 at 8:19 am

Beautiful, everything is absolutely beautiful. Great job!!! I was wondering, would you mind sharing the vanilla cupcake recipe?

Stephanie — December 10, 2010 at 8:52 am

WOW! this is the prettiest thing I've seen all day! such eye candy!

Anonymous — December 10, 2010 at 9:01 am

This is absolutely gorgeous. Great job Glory! I also like pink dishes, where did you get those?
    Tatyana

Deb Baker — December 10, 2010 at 9:04 am

That pink bokeh…those cookies…that color! Beautiful photos, lovely looking treats!!!! Great job, Glory!

Glory/ Glorious Treats — December 10, 2010 at 9:05 am

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments!

Kristan- The large silver and teal dragees were sent to me by friend in New Zealand.

Sweets by Belle- Sorry I don't have a vanilla cupcake recipe I think is ready to share yet! I've been working on one, but haven't been able to perfect it. Vanilla cupcakes are the one thing I still occasionally use from a box.

Tammy@EventsByTammy — December 10, 2010 at 9:08 am

Beautiful! I love the color scheme.

Rach — December 10, 2010 at 9:20 am

Wow, now that is GLORIOUS!

SweetSugarBelle — December 10, 2010 at 9:39 am

I am usally first in line to comment, but this deserved my 100%. School program over Dishes done, a tutorial out of the way, and now I am here to rave. First I am going to say, I hope you will hire me when you make it big. I would love to be your personal cookie maker…not that you need me, but you are so inspiring, and talented, I WANT to belong to YOU!
    Next, I agree with Tidy Mom…not into pastels…until you. I find myself mixing icings, ALWAYS way too dark, and I think, GLORY, HELP me (I don't know how to go light. I would go on and on, and I probablu will. I love the pastels with the pop of bold…I love the cuppies, I love the pink pottery, mercury glass Christmas trees, I saw rock candy, oh why did you make me want pink pottery…or even white footed bowls. I LOVE the floral arrangemens…I just love everything you toch. This was worth the wait! YOu are my mini-Martha hero!

Michelle — December 10, 2010 at 11:03 am

Gorgeous!!!!!! You did a fabulous job, and I love your color scheme!!!!!! I love everything about it, from the silver trees to all the Beautiful flowers, and the desserts look delish!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Michelle Torres
    decorater4life@aol.com

DreamgirlLisa — December 10, 2010 at 11:20 am

This is really stunning Glory, I love this color combo, it's the same that I have in my bedroom. I think this is your best table yet!

Kimberly Johnson — December 10, 2010 at 11:37 am

Beautiful job!

beth — December 10, 2010 at 1:31 pm

WOW, WOW, WOW!! ABSOLUTELY STUNNING, ELEGANT, SOPHISTICATED, LOVELY, AMAZINGLY WOW! I CAN'T STOP STARING THESE GORGEOUS CREATION. GLORY, I'VE BEEN A QUIET/SILENT FAN FOR A WHILE NOW & I'VE FOLLOWED YOUR BLOG ALMOST EACH DAY…I LOVE AND ADMIRE EACH CREATION YOU DISPLAY AND YOUR RECIPES ARE DIVINE! THANK YOU FOR GENEROUSLY SHARING YOUR GREAT TALENTS & AWESOME RECIPES.
    I LOVE, LOVE ALL YOUR CUPCAKES AND DECORATED COOKIES, YOUR FLORAL DESIGN, PHOTOS, TABLE STYLING…PERFECT!!
    I DO HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOUR GLORIA, WHAT EXACT COLOR OR COLORS DID YOU USE FOR YOUR ICE BLUE CUPCAKE FROM YOUR PREVIOUS BLOG & FOR THE COLOR ON YOUR White Chocolate dipped Oreos (store bought) with custom royal icing transfers (by me)? IT'S SUCH A BEAUTIFUL BLUE COLOR. THANKS!
    TRULY, I TOO AM GASPING AT THE IMAGES OF YOUR VINTAGE CHRISTMAS DESSERT TABLE!

Anonymous — December 10, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I agree with the Ladies saying you are an inspiration to all. What beautiful work you do!!! You make it look so flawless. :-)
    Question: Where did you find those sweet pink footed bowls/vessels? I love them all. Do they come in ice blue color too?
    Your CHRISTMAS dessert table is GLORIOUS!! SENSATIONAL!! PURELY DIVINE!! SUCH GREAT TALENT. CONGRATULATIONS! :-)

Denise Piane — December 10, 2010 at 2:21 pm

this is stunning!!! love it!

Jeannie — December 10, 2010 at 2:57 pm

So pretty, each picture is better than the next. I love everything you did!

Glory/ Glorious Treats — December 10, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Thanks again ladies!

Beth- Thank you! The color is Americolor brand Sky blue (just use one drop to start).

Anonymous- The pink pottery is antique and from an American company called Hull. I bought all of mine off E-bay, and yes, some of the pieces also come in blue =)

Lisa Smiley — December 10, 2010 at 4:45 pm

So beautiful, Glory! I just love it all! What a special treat for your guests! I would never leave! Oh, and i love the bokeh in some of the photos and esp. the last two!

MamaBear — December 10, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Absolutely stunning Glory!

(as ever).

Well done, I hope you are so very proud of yourself!

Beautiful photography too :)

xxMB

Cakewalk Baking — December 10, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Stunning, Glory!! You have mad cookie skills!

Monique — December 10, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful,…

Holly — December 10, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Wow that is beautiful!!! I just got that snowflake cutter, I can't wait to try it out :)

Cecilia — December 10, 2010 at 8:52 pm

This turned out so beautiful! I love the "hull" pottery! I tried to look it up on ebay but I didn't see any as pretty as yours! Did you glitter those ornaments???? Good idea!

Glory/ Glorious Treats — December 10, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Cecilia- Thanks! I didn't end up having to glitter the ornaments… I just kept searching and found some!
    As for the Hull pottery, it's there, you just have to really dig through pages and pages of listings. Hull apparently made a ton of different lines of pottery, and only a few are the same style as what I used.

Nam @ The Culinary Chronicles — December 10, 2010 at 9:15 pm

*GASP* That is just simple breathtaking!

Karen — December 10, 2010 at 9:32 pm

"WOW" seems to be the #1 comment, followed closely by "stunning" and "gorgeous." I would also like to add "breathtaking." These photos are SOOO magazine-worthy; I totally expect to see your work emblazoned across a major publication at the grocery store check-out in the near future.

And whaddaya know? I was just about to make some pastel snowflake cookies, too (just got the Wilton pastel pink, green & blue sugar pearls – no dragees in my area, I'm afraid, nor friends from NZ. Lucky you!) What an inspiration your photos are to me! Thank you SO much for sharing your incredible gift with us.

CarinE — December 10, 2010 at 10:37 pm

YAAAOOOW!!STUNNING!! so so so beautiful!!!!

Joy Adams — December 10, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Wow, this turned out so beautiful. I love the color combinations and all of the little details.

la boom! — December 11, 2010 at 3:13 am

This is AWESOME!!!!

almond — December 11, 2010 at 4:26 am

This is the most amazing I've seen lately!

Nantucket Mermaid — December 11, 2010 at 5:58 am

That is what I'd like my Christmas party to look like….Glorious!:)—

Forever Petite — December 11, 2010 at 6:49 am

Wow beautiful!

Beth — December 11, 2010 at 8:09 am

Hi Glory! Guess what? I looked everywhere last night for that beautiful ice blue (Americolor brand) but all Michael's and
    Wal-Mart carries are the Wilton's brand which I already have. Where may I ask did you find yours and do they come in tubes or drops or jels? Ice-blue is one of my favorite colors besides pink and lavender but it's hard to find. I might check out Cake Castle in town but would really love to know where you get yours? Thanks so much! Your work is flawless…truly a Lovely & breathtaking Christmas dessert table. You should be featured in Amy Atlas Events! :-)

Jennie — December 11, 2010 at 8:46 am

Words cannot begin to express how AMAZING this all is!!!! Stunning! Like a dream!!! GREAT JOB

Glory/ Glorious Treats — December 11, 2010 at 9:11 am

Thanks again for each of your sweet comments!

Beth- You're right, no local stores usually carry the Americolor brand. I buy mine on-line… there are dozens of cake decorating sites that sell them. Here is a site I've used before,

Rosie @ Sweetapolita — December 11, 2010 at 9:21 am

Beyond gorgeous, Glory!

Not Just A Mommy! — December 11, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Absolutely beautiful! I love the pastels, such a love take on Christmas!

Janice — December 11, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Wow! What a beautiful presentation. I work with Better Recipes and am presently focusing on Christmas desserts. For more ideas check out Christmas Dessert Recipes

beth — December 11, 2010 at 2:33 pm

GLORY, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING WHERE YOU PURCHASED YOUR BEAUTIFUL SKY BLUE/ICEBLUE FOOD COLOR. I'VE ALREADY PLACED MY ORDER. HEE HEE…WHAT CAN I SAY, YOU AND YOUR AMAZING WORK OF ART IS VERY CONTAGIOUS!! I ADMIRE YOUR TALENT, LOVE & DEDICATION. I ECHO NANTUCKET MERMAID'S WORDS…"That is what I'd like my Christmas party to look like….Glorious!" CAN YOU BLAME US? LOL!! YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL READERS.
    THANKS A BUNCH AGAIN FOR YOUR GENEROSITY, KINDNESS AND HOSPITALITY FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE! ONE DAY, I HOPE TO RUN INTO YOU AT MICHAEL'S OR COSTCO & SAY, "HEY, THAT'S GLORY FROM GLORIOUS TREATS! HOPE THIS MADE YOU SMILE WARMLY BECAUSE IT'S TRUE. YOU ARE A CELEBRITY IN THE BLOG WORLD OF SWEETS & BAKING! :-) YOUR FAMILIES ARE BLESSED TO HAVE YOU. HAVE A BLESSED WEEKEND. NOW I AM IN THE MOOD FOR BAKING AND TRYING OUT YOUR CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING! YUM!!
    CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOURS.

lostpastremembered — December 11, 2010 at 7:13 pm

I just had to see who you were… impressive desserts and fun styling… way to go for a perfect CHristmas part and loved that it wasn't red and green!

Aaliyah — December 11, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Love Love Love the cookies and ornaments.

Jenn — December 11, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! I have never seen anything so perfect before. The colors, the food, the flowers and everything are amazing.

Virginia — December 11, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Simply…AWSOME! The most beatiful table I´ve seen so far. Beautiful sweets, beautiful decoration…Congratulations!

Marbella Mummy — December 12, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Simply divine. You are very clever and inspiring! You must be so proud of how it all worked out! Merry Christmas to you.x

Katie {choc0holic} — December 12, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Oh my…this is GORGEOUS. I would be afraid to touch it…but my sweet tooth would definitely give in! I love it all!!!

Online flowers — December 12, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Its really a very very nce blog. I like it very much…

Beth — December 13, 2010 at 2:17 am

So beautiful, and inspirational. Everything is just lovely!

Live Laugh Celebrate — December 13, 2010 at 4:00 am

Stunning- you did an amazing job.. I love the cookies.

ShawnsPlate — December 13, 2010 at 5:08 am

Beyond Lovely…This makes me want to scrap everything I've planned for Christmas and start over…In a good way :)

Lowest Unique Bid — December 13, 2010 at 5:09 am

Totally stunning!!!

beth — December 13, 2010 at 9:34 am

Hi Glory! Two questions for you: Where did you purchase your "White Chocolate dipped Oreos (store bought) cookies?" My son would love these. I checked out Trader Joe's but they don't carry it.
    Also, your table cover is sooooo prestine & such a perfect color. What did you use and where did you find it? Thank you!! :-)

♥Happy is Yellow♥ — December 13, 2010 at 11:56 am

OH MY GOODNESS… This is breathtakingly GORGEOUS!!!!! This should be on the cover of the Martha Stewart magazine!! Again… WOW!!!!!! Absolutely AH-MAZ-ING!!!

{ L } — December 13, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Oh my goodness!! I am in awe! This is one of the prettiest dessert tables I've ever seen. Wow.

Amy and Family — December 13, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Seriously??? So BEAUTIFUL! How do you still keep catching me off guard with your talent? I MISS YOU!!!!

bridget {bake at 350} — December 13, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Wow! (Do I always start my comments with that here?)

Just beautiful in every way!

once upon a baker — December 13, 2010 at 7:04 pm

amazing! you are great!

AnneLoyd — December 13, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Truly beautiful! Looks like something out of a magazine.

I only realized some of the ornaments were from Walmart because I picked some up myself. Otherwise, I would not have known!

Patty — December 13, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Too beautiful to eat! Thank you for sharing the inspiration.

Paula — December 13, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Everything in this post took my breath away. Absolutely stunning.

Diane {Created by Diane} — December 13, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Callye wrapped it up so nicely all I have left to say is..
    Breath-TAKING!!!

susana@citrusandorange — December 13, 2010 at 11:56 pm

This is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations – good taste and good baking! :-)

Sweet Bella Roos — December 14, 2010 at 6:01 am

Gorgeous! Love, love, love the vintage look. And I love your square cake pedestal, I'm a bit obsessed with cute serving ware!

*Dream Weaver* — December 14, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I HEART this awesome possum table. Absolutely beautiful :)
    I wish I could try some of these delectable deserts *yums*

jackie fo — December 16, 2010 at 8:02 am

This is absolutely gorgeous – I love the pastel colors and the ornaments in the flower arrangements!

Tracey — December 16, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Absolutely STUNNING Glory, just divine!

Lori — December 16, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Absolutely remarkable usage of color! I would love to have my entire home in the shades of your sweets bar! No doubt your now on my sidebar! P.S I finally figured out my color scheme for my holiday cookies! Thanks!!LOL Lori

Junita — December 17, 2010 at 5:43 am

What a perfection?! can I feature this in my blog? kinderplays.blogspot.com and kindly write me at momlicious@gmail.com for confirmation upon my request

The Urban Baker — December 18, 2010 at 6:39 am

the colors in your creations are fantabulous! i love everything!

georgette — December 18, 2010 at 1:40 pm

beautiful!!! you are quite an artist…

Daisy Roo — December 18, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Oh this is lovely. The pastel colours are fab, a nice twist for a contemporary Christmas. I also love the layout..a visual feast for the eyes!! ^_^*

Kristen | The Wedding Lens — December 21, 2010 at 10:03 pm

What great inspiration! I would love to see something like this at a "grownup fairytale" winter wedding!

I think my favorite part is the blue snowflake peeking out of the floral arrangement! Swoon.

Fiestera Chic — December 27, 2010 at 10:04 am

Your post is beautiful!!! I must have it in my blog…
    I'm a full time mom, and adore party planning (unfortunately baking is not my strength). I live in Colombia, where Christmas is very traditional (since we’re catholic), but I like the idea of using a new color scheme (other than red and green) for the decoration.
    My blogsite is http://fiestascreativas.blogspot.com/ and I would like to feature your beautiful creation there.
    Thanks,
    Fiestera Chic

najjouta11O4 — May 24, 2011 at 4:23 pm

UN REGAL DANS LE PROPRE SENS DU MOT.BRAVOOOOOOOO!!!!

najjouta11O4 — May 24, 2011 at 4:25 pm

UN VRAI REGAL DANS LE PROPRE SENS DU TERME.BRAVOOOOO!!!!!!!

aluminiumgirl — June 8, 2011 at 2:59 am

Hi there!
    I loved these ideas so much that I used them for my daughter's first birthday party (my winter babe). Thank-you

najjouta11O4 — June 9, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Quelle créativité,quel beau pastel savoureux.Bravo!m

tickledpinkwithrosesandpearls.com — July 21, 2011 at 7:12 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!! It makes me want to rethink my Christmas colors this year!

tickledpinkwithrosesandpearls.com

Laura S. — September 13, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Oh my gosh! I have to tell you..I don't really post frequently or do I gush over a blog post but, this actually brought a tear to my eye. Everything is so beautiful! You are talented indeed. Everyone in your local area should be hiring you for their parties, showers, weddings. Not only is your baking gorgeous (and I presume delicious) but your ability at display and photography are also amazing. You inspire me. And believe me, if you knew me, I'm not a gusher. I'm awed.

Laura S. — September 13, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I mean, even the flower arrangement is gorgeous!

adozeneggs — October 23, 2011 at 11:24 am

What a STUNNING table!! I'm researching for a Gingerbread themed table…

Anne — October 26, 2011 at 11:48 am

Your work is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!

Emma (ecoprincess) — November 2, 2011 at 3:38 am

This table is absolutely beautiful! I love it, very inspiring :D

Susannah VanDyke {Lukas VanDyke Photography} — November 7, 2011 at 5:27 pm

WOW. That's all I can say. I so want to put a Bride & Groom in that scene! Fab job.

Doodle — November 14, 2011 at 8:43 am

I'm speechless; this is so beautiful. Wow. You have such an eye for detail and are so creative. Did you make the snowflake cupcake toppers? They are so delicate

JoyHey — December 5, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Hi Glory, just blogged about this lovely idea on my joyful pastel blog: http://joyhey.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/inspiration-pastel-holidays/ Hope you like it! xx

Sandra — December 7, 2011 at 5:34 am

I looking forward to learning a lot from you. Thank you for the inspiration.

Omziin — November 18, 2012 at 12:55 am

I Love love love this <3

Sasha — November 23, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I would like to order some vintage pastel christmas cookies from you….they are absolutely beautiful!!! I’m having a chic christmas party for kids and think your cookies will complement my table.

Please let me know how much you sell them. My party is on Dec. 15th.

Thanks,

Sasha

Minh — October 21, 2014 at 8:09 pm

This is incredibly stunning! I stumbled over this gorgeous sweet table while looking for inspirations for my own Xmas buffet… this is all I was looking for and more. I hope you don’t mind if I borrow heavily from your ideas… it’s just too beautiful!! <3 <3 <3

1. Pingback: Navidad rosa | Para el bebe

2. Pingback: Pastel Christmas Wedding Delights ♥ | Wedding Photography Lancashire & North West England

3. Pingback: Party Palette: Vintage Christmas sweets table | Chickabug