Candy Cane Hearts

Cute, creative and delicious Candy Cane Hearts!

So cute and creative! Candy Cane Hearts by GloriousTreats.com

These cute Candy Cane Hearts are one of my favorite simple Christmas treats!  They’re a perfect addition to a plate of Christmas cookies, and so simple they are a project the kids can help with too.  These Candy Cane Hearts make cute little gifts or classroom treats!

You’ll need…

A box of mini candy canes (see “note” below)

White Chocolate, Vanilla Candiquick or similar

Semi-sweet Chocolate, Chocolate Candiquick or similar

Sprinkles

~Directions ~

1.  Place waxed paper or a Silpat type liner on a baking sheet.

2.  Lay two mini candy canes next to each other, creating a heart.  Continue filling the baking sheet with heart shapes.

3.  Melt the white and semi-sweet chocolates (in separate bowls), using short intervals in the microwave, or in a double boiler.

4.  When the chocolates are melted, spoon or pour into a piping bag or thicker ziplock type bag. Cut off a tiny tip from the bag, and begin filling in the heart shapes with chocolate.  I like to use both flavors of chocolate for each heart.  So if I do a layer of white chocolate first, then after it cools a bit, I add a layer of semi-sweet chocolate on top.

5.  After adding both layers of chocolate, top with sprinkles of your choice.

6.  Set the baking sheet (of chocolate filled hearts) in a cool place (for me this is on top of the washer in the garage) while the chocolate cools. Once cool, remove hearts from baking sheet and store in an airtight container.

NOTE-  I have found that the candy canes that work best for this project are ones with a dull finish (not shiny).  It seems candy canes with a shiny surface tend to get sticky after a day or two.

Candy Cane Hearts | Such a cute and creative treat!

Enjoy!

70 Responses to “Candy Cane Hearts”

Maysem — December 7, 2010 at 9:27 am

So creative! Wouldn't have thought of that!

Brenda's Cakes — December 7, 2010 at 9:34 am

Those are so adorable, Glory! Do you use chocolate chips? I love them! :)

Monique — December 7, 2010 at 9:40 am

These are Sa-Weet!!!! How creative..Love them !!

JC's Loft — December 7, 2010 at 10:09 am

OMG those are too cute!

Paula

Monika Wright — December 7, 2010 at 10:30 am

Oh my goodness, amazing!

Gretta — December 7, 2010 at 10:46 am

These are too cute ~ I am going to make them for my Mom's family Christmas gathering this weekend. Thanks!!

SweetSugarBelle — December 7, 2010 at 11:12 am

My aunt is in love! These little gals or guys? (how do you tell on a candycane, LOL, are so cute!!!!!!! Love the pics. I see a jar I own also. Out taste in glasware goes beyond whiteware I see!

BigBearswife — December 7, 2010 at 11:13 am

so cute! I love em!

Stephanie — December 7, 2010 at 11:16 am

Very clever! I haven't seen this before so thanks for sharing.

Bridgett — December 7, 2010 at 12:41 pm

What a darling idea!

Tammy@EventsByTammy — December 7, 2010 at 2:38 pm

So creative and easy. Thanks for sharing!

Cecilia — December 7, 2010 at 4:27 pm

I'm going to try these this year!
    Love you!

Haniela — December 7, 2010 at 4:35 pm

These are so pretty. Love the colors!

am vorhis — December 7, 2010 at 4:47 pm

omg can't Wait to try this!

burlap+blue — December 7, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Absolutely amazing, Glory!!
    LOVE your blog…so glad to be part of the Design Team with you! xoxo Linda

Jen Carter — December 7, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Those are so adorable!! Love them!

rr @ j'adore you more! — December 7, 2010 at 10:27 pm

zmog! i love these! i can't wait to try them out!

Holly — December 7, 2010 at 11:09 pm

I love these!!! They are perfect for kids to decorate:) THanks;)

Kristan — December 8, 2010 at 5:40 am

Girl….this is my FAVORITE type of recipe. Easy, unique, and super cute!!
    Love it,and love your blog!! :)

hoLLy — December 8, 2010 at 6:45 am

so so cute! i would've never thought of this. dang i wish i was creative!

Charlotte — December 8, 2010 at 8:56 am

Such a cute idea! I can't wait to have a go at making these.

Sandie {A Bloggable Life} — December 8, 2010 at 12:38 pm

How sweet is this?! (No pun intended.) Just love how magical they look—and how easy they are. Going on my holiday to-make list!

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) — December 9, 2010 at 1:00 am

These are delightful! And very unique in terms of decorating. Everyone would love these at mine

Dee — December 9, 2010 at 6:26 am

I am doing this candy cane heart with my little princess.Thanks for sharing it!

Karen — December 10, 2010 at 9:08 pm

So perfect for Christmas, but I could also see these resurrected in a couple of months for Valentine's Day with the white chocolate tinted pink or red. :)

Pilar — December 14, 2010 at 10:54 am

Hi,

I made this at a party with 5-6 years old, was perfect! Thanks.

Charlotte — December 17, 2010 at 8:15 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

ManWifeDog — December 22, 2010 at 10:34 am

Hi, I posted a link to this lovely recipe/idea on my Man Wife and Dog Blog's link love post. Just wanted to share! Great ideas and I cannot wait to try it!

Sara I. — November 18, 2011 at 6:09 am

Found your site through TLC! These are amazing looking and they would make the perfect teacher gift!! Thank you!! xx

Purple Card Lady — November 18, 2011 at 9:12 am

I saw these posted on Create w/TLC website and actually thought that they were brownies in the center. I am not a cook/baker so forgive my ignorance. Nevertheless, they look yummmmmy! TFS!

Desire Empire — December 7, 2011 at 11:42 am

So Simple yet effective. I'll definately give these a run

Ashley — October 26, 2012 at 3:26 am

Omgosh seriously all these ideas are so cute! I want to try them all!. :)

REgina Kreighbaum — November 12, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Would be divine if you added a little Creme de Menthe to flavor the chocolate!!!

Christina at I Gotta Create! — November 13, 2012 at 3:28 am

Love it! Pinning!

<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original linky party is open

Jeanne — December 14, 2012 at 5:32 am

Love this idea, but every single mini candy cane broke in the process of removing the plastic. I was being careful, but it still it got frustrating. Any helpful hints? I cut off the ends of the plastic with scissors and carefully tried removing the plastic, but they still broke.

Nabilah Yen — December 23, 2012 at 3:00 am

this is just so cute…love this!!…

Marilyn — June 1, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Hello, love your site! These are clever,cute and wonderful for Christmas, thanks

Kirsten — November 20, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Hey just wondering if these freeze well? Looking at doing them for a Christmas baking exchange :)

Thanks!

• Glory replied: — December 9th, 2013 @ 3:25 am

I would not recommend freezing them.

Erma hunt — December 7, 2013 at 6:24 pm

My daughter made the candy cane hearts. The candy canes are sticky. Why?

• Glory replied: — December 9th, 2013 @ 3:27 am

Hi Erma, I have found that sometimes candy canes that have a more shiny surface do tend to get sticky. Try to look for candy canes with a dull surface and you may have better luck! Humidity in the air can also be a factor, if it’s very humid where you are you may want to try and package them up as quickly as they are set.

Ashley — November 4, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Great idea Glory! These are so cute. If the candy canes get sticky, I wonder if you could dust them with a bit of confectioner’s sugar.

ann marie — December 13, 2014 at 8:48 pm

can you melt the candy disks for these?ordo you use chocolate chips for melting

• Glory replied: — December 16th, 2014 @ 3:55 am

I generally use chocolate baking bars or chocolate chips, but candy melts would work as well.

Pam — December 24, 2014 at 5:42 pm

I love these and made them the other day. I ran into a problem though, after taking the
    out of the refrigerator and off of the parchment paper. I had several candy canes break. Anyone have any ideas? Also, the stickiness went away after staying out at room temperature so that wasn’t a problem for me.

abby davis — December 12, 2015 at 12:49 pm

12. Pingback: Christmas Treats For Kids - DIY Christmas Decorations

13. Pingback: Candy Cane Christmas Hearts - DIY Christmas Decorations

14. Pingback: 20 Cute And Delicious Christmas Treats -

15. Pingback: 25 Yummy Homemade Christmas Candy Recipes - DIY & Crafts

16. Pingback: Christmas Candy Recipes eCookbook :: Not So Average Mama

17. Pingback: 27 Holiday Cookies That Are Almost Too Cute To Eat | Low Boredom

18. Pingback: 27 Holiday Cookies That Are Almost Too Cute To Eat - tsiri?ous - Not So tsiriOUS

19. Pingback: 50+ Christmas Treats Featuring CandiQuik!

20. Pingback: 這些聖誕餅乾實在太可愛了! 根本捨不得吃 - 搜FunSD | 吃喝玩樂,聖地牙哥最道地

21. Pingback: 食べるにはほとんどあまりにかわいい27の休暇中のクッキー | 男は美味しいご飯に弱い!最新モテ料理・肉料理! 女子は必見!

22. Pingback: candy cane treats! YUM!

23. Pingback: 20+ Amazing Christmas Treats - I Heart Nana's Kitchen

24. Pingback: Easy Holiday Cookie Recipes (mostly no-bake!) | scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com