Candy Cane Hearts
These are one of my favorite simple Christmas treats. A perfect addition to a plate of Christmas cookies, and so simple they are a project the kids can help with too.
A box of mini candy canes
1. Place waxed paper or a Silpat type liner on a baking sheet.
2. Lay two mini candy canes next to each other, creating a heart. Continue filling the baking sheet with heart shapes.
3. Melt the white and semi-sweet chocolates (in separate bowls), using short intervals in the microwave, or in a double boiler.
4. When the chocolates are melted, spoon or pour into a piping bag or thicker ziplock type bag. Cut off a tiny tip from the bag, and begin filling in the heart shapes with chocolate. I like to use both flavors of chocolate for each heart. So if I do a layer of white chocolate first, then after it cools a bit, I add a layer of semi-sweet chocolate on top.
5. After adding both layers of chocolate, top with sprinkles of your choice.
6. Set the baking sheet (of chocolate filled hearts) in a cool place (or the fridge) while the chocolate cools. Once cool, remove hearts from baking sheet and store in an airtight container.