Pretty Packaging for Halloween Treats

I love pretty packaging.  A bit of extra care in packaging can turn even simple treats into a special gift.  I packaged up a few of the Halloween cookies I made last weekend, as special treats for my nieces.  These little bags would be super special treats for lunches, adorable favors for a Halloween party, or sweet little gifts for friends.

~ Supplies and Directions ~

1.  Cut a piece of patterned paper (I used some of my scrapbooking paper) the width of the cellophane bag you’re using and about 3 inches tall (my bags are 4″ wide, so the paper is 4″ x 3″).

Fold the paper in half lengthwise.

2.  I printed out some party circles from The Tomkat Studio’s Halloween collection.  Cut using a 2″ circle punch.  You could also use a sticker or other embellishment.

3.  Fill your cellophane bag with treats, and seal bag (the bags I used have a self-stick seal, but if you’re using bags with no seal you could use a sticker or staple the bag closed).

4.  Use double sided tape to attach the prepared paper to the top of the treat bag.  Add party circle, or other sticker or embellishment.

Share some treats with the sweet people in your life!

14 Responses to “Pretty Packaging for Halloween Treats”

The Scrapbooking Queen — September 29, 2010 at 8:52 am

This is so cute love the treat bag and of course the treats in the bag are pretty sweet too…
    The Scrapbooking Queen

Amy H. — September 29, 2010 at 9:20 am

These are adorable. Sharing on my FB page.

XO

Tammy@Events By Tammy — September 29, 2010 at 9:25 am

Cute idea! That would a good way to give out Halloween candy.

Click around & stay a bit... — September 29, 2010 at 2:06 pm

How easy is that! Might have to try this for my son's class Halloween Party.

Bridgett — September 29, 2010 at 3:54 pm

What a great idea! Those cookies are darling. Thank you for sharing this fun project.

Nicole — September 29, 2010 at 7:17 pm

So cute! Where do you get the self-stick sealing bags?

Sandra — September 30, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Oh my goodness!! THese are too stinkin cute! I am def going to make some for my students, thank you for the great idea!!!

Jami — September 30, 2010 at 3:56 pm

What a good idea! I love the polka dots and the "Boo"!

And your cookies look GREAT! oh my!

I'd love it if you would stop by and link this post to my Thursday linky party.

I'm so glad I discovered your blog. :)

Sharnel — October 2, 2010 at 9:04 pm

lovely packaging Glory.

Anonymous — October 3, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Super cute Glory! I wish you were my neighbor so I could have you make some of these cookies for my girls' teachers! Love you!

Glory/ Glorious Treats — October 6, 2010 at 9:36 am

Thanks for the lovely comments ladies!

Nicole- I buy the self sealing bags at Beverly's craft store (in the beading section). If you don't have a Berverly's near you, I think you can find them at clearbags.com as well.
    Thanks!

Dawn — October 27, 2011 at 4:56 am

I love the idea & accident came across your blog. I love fixing up treat bags for my girls' classmates & teachers & for people I work with. Your blog is wonderful & so full of ideas. Thank you for sharing those witth us. :D

1. Pingback: Glorious Treats » Christmas Cookies and Cute Packaging