Simple, delicious and fun… this School Spirit Snack Mix is perfect for any school event!
As a baker and (food) decorator, I’ve long been a fan of Wilton products! So I was super excited when Wilton asked me to partner with them to create a treat perfect for showing School Spirit!
This snack mix would be perfect as just a little back-to-school treat, but it’s also great to prepare (and share) for school events and games.
Class party… check!
Soccer game… check!
Football game… check!
This simple snack mix starts with a mix of cereal and pretzels, along with Wilton Candy Melts, Wilton Sprinkles and Wilton Rainbow Baking Cups.
This was my first time using the Wilton Candy Melts Candy Melting Pot and I’m in love! In place of melting the candy melts in the microwave, I just added candy melts to the melting pot, and once melted, it keeps the candy the perfect temperature for drizzling and dipping!
You’ll find all the recipe details at the end of the post, but you can see the basic steps pictured below as well.
While the candy melts were melting, I mixed up my choice of cereal and pretzels.
I added a bit of melted white candy melts to the bowl of snacks and stirred well to lightly coat the snacks with candy melts.
Then, lay the lightly coated snacks on a baking sheet and drizzle with candy melts in your school or sports team colors!
My girls school colors are blue and yellow, so that’s what I did!
I reserved a few pretzels to dip in candy melts (and top with sprinkles), then once cooled, I added those to the mix as well.
I love packaging treats in jars as little gifts!
I used some solid colored Wilton Cupcake Liners on top of 8oz. standard mouth jars to tie in the school colors in another way. I’ve shared this fun technique before and it’s one of my favorite ways to finish off a simple treat in a jar!
Of course if you’re preparing this snack mix for younger kids (that might not be be best to give a jar too), you can simply package the mix in a Wilton treat bag.
Sweet, crunchy, salty… this School Spirit Snack Mix is simply perfect!
And with Wilton products you can get your #GameOn for back-to-school treats or sporting events!
School Spirit Snack Mix Recipe
School Spirit Snack Mix
- 5 cups Corn Chex cereal or similar
- 3 cups Kix cereal or similar
- 2 cups mini pretzels I used square pretzels
- assorted sprinkles in your choice of colors
- Additional mix-in ideas...
- nuts chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, M&M's, yogurt covered raisins
- Wilton Candy Melts in your choice of colors
- Melt about 1/2 cup (see notes below for quantity changes) white candy melts according to the package directions.
- Mix cereals and pretzels (and any other mix-ins that will not melt) together in a large bowl.
- Drizzle 3-4 Tablespoons of the melted white candy melts over the bowl of dry snacks, and mix really well until the snacks have an even coating. Pour coated mix onto a large baking sheet and spread into a thin layer.
- Melt additional colors of candy melts (in your choice of colors) and add a single color into a disposable pastry bag (or thicker ziplock type bag) and drizzle melted candy over the baking sheet of snacks. Repeat with another color as desired.
- While the candy melts are still warm (and drizzled over the snack mix), add sprinkles of your choice all over the mix. Add additional mix-ins, as desired.
- Allow mix to cool on a baking sheet until the candy melts have firmed up. Meanwhile, dip a few additional pretzels into any remaing melted candy melts, and top with sprinkles if desired. Lay dipped pretzels on a sheet of parchment paper to cool, then once fully cooled (and firm) add dipped pretzels to mix.
- Package mix as desired, and enjoy!
Disclosure – I created this recipe in partnership with Wilton. Partnering with brands I love allows me to provide you with high quality content at no cost to you. I only work with brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.