These wholesome and delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are a perfect snack to have on hand all year round!
With summer break official underway I was searching my cupboards this week for some healthy snacks for my girls. I remembered a recipe for homemade granola bars that I had made earlier this year, but then we ate them before I had a chance to photograph them! =) So I mixed up another batch and photographed them shortly before they “disappeared” again!
These homemade granola bars are sweet, chewy, and can be customized with your favorite ingredients. Feel free to add some additional nuts and seeds, omit the chocolate chips (if you must!), or replace the small amount of butter with coconut oil to make these a delicious dairy free treat!
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are a delicious snack (or even breakfast) for kids and adults. Everyone in our house loves them!
Are you looking for more easy summer snack ideas?
This Strawberry Yogurt Fruit Dip is a wonderful snack or light dessert.
And be sure you’re following Glorious Treats on Pinterest where I have some delicious summer boards, from salads, to snacks, to desserts.
Happy summer snacking!
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 3 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter natural, no added sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt optional
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 1 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a 8"x8" pan with parchment paper or foil.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, peanut butter and honey and heat over low heat. Stir and heat just long enough for the ingredients to melt together. Remove from heat and add vanilla and salt (if desired).
- In a large bowl, mix the oats and rice cereal and stir to combine.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal mixture and stir to combine. Add most of the chocolate chips, but reserve about 1 Tablespoon. Stir to fully combine.
- Pour/scoop mixture into prepared pan and press firmly into the pan. Sprinkle reserved chocolate chips on top and press onto the surface.
- Cover and refrigerate the bars for 30 minutes before cutting. Remove from pan and cut into squares or bars.
- Store the bars in the fridge (in a sealed container), although they are fine at room temperature a few hours (long enough to send in school lunches).