Monster Cookie Snack Mix
CRAZY GOOD is the best way I can describe this Monster Cookie Snack Mix! =)
Sweet, salty, crunchy, and packed with all of the delicious flavors of Monster Cookies… those cookies filled with everything in the kitchen!
This deliciously genius mix was created by my sweet friend Shelly of Cookies and Cups, and now The Cookies and Cups Cookbook! I first “met” Shelly through her gorgeous blog nearly 6 years ago, and since then have had the pleasure of getting to know her both in person and through the magic of the internet. Shelly is super sweet, smart, creative and funny… and now a best selling cookbook author too!
When I first got my hands on Shelly’s cookbook I was blown away by all of the gorgeous cakes, cookies, brownies, and equally delicious looking dinner recipes! Despite being drawn in by recipes like her Salty Toffee Banana Cream Pie, Coconut Lime Cake and Philly Cheesecake Stuffed Baked Potatoes… the recipe begging me to make it first was this Monster Cookie Snack Mix!
And oh how happy I was with my choice! This mix is packed with so many deliciously sweet and crunchy things I know I’ll be making it again and again!
In fact, I highly recommend making a batch of this so you have something yummy to munch on while you read the rest of The Cookies and Cups Cookbook! =)
Certainly you can adjust this mix to your preferences. If you can’t have peanuts, I might suggest pretzels to keep that salty touch that makes this snack mix extra special!
Monster Cookie Snack Mix Recipe
Monster Cookie Snack Mix
- 4 cups Cookie Crisp cereal
- 2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups peanut butter granola such as Nature Valley or Kind brand
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup salted butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup M&M's
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300*F. Line a 10" x 15" rimmed baking sheet or large roasting pan with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a large heatproof bowl, mix together the cereals, granola, peanuts and raisins. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 4 minutes without stiring.
- Pour the hot mixture over the cereal mixture and combine until evenly coated. Pour the coated cereal evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the mix for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Line a counter with parchment paper and transfer the baked mix onto the lined counter. Sprinkle mixture with M&M's and salt.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and break into pieces.