Lemon Blueberry Crepes
This gorgeous Lemon Blueberry Crepes recipe is just perfect for brunch or dessert!
Lemon and blueberry is such a perfect flavor combo all year round, but it’s extra perfect when fresh summer blueberries are at their peak!
This recipe was inspired by a fancy breakfast my mom used to make from time to time growing up.
My mom is an incredible cook and has served me countless homemade meals, and this recipe still stands out in my mind as one of my favorites!
Perfect homemade crepes are filled with a lemon cheesecake filling, and then get topped with a stunning homemade blueberry sauce.
This post was created in partnership with Nielsen-Massey Fine Vanillas and Flavors.
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
As with any great recipe, you’ll want to start with high quality ingredients.
I love to keep my kitchen stocked with pure extracts and flavorings from Nielsen-Massey.
I love knowing that Nielsen-Massey uses as few ingredients as possible when producing its pure vanilla extracts, to create the highest-quality product available.
This recipe for Lemon Blueberry Crepes includes Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract (an essential kitchen staple in my house) as well as a new product I’m very excited about, Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Paste.
This Pure Lemon Paste is made with Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Extract and contains natural oil drawn from the highest quality California lemons. You can use this Pure Lemon Paste in place of fresh lemon juice or zest in many recipes. It’s perfect to keep on hand to when you’re out of fresh lemons, or to enhance the lemon flavor in most any dessert recipe.
Be sure to follow Nielsen-Massey on social media for recipes, inspiration and to keep up with new products!
I love the lemon blueberry combo in this recipe, but feel free to get creative with most any fresh fruit topping.
Mixed fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries) tossed with just a couple teaspoons of sugar would make a super easy and beautiful topping.
Lemon Blueberry Crepes Recipe
Lemon Blueberry Crepes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Homemade crepes with a lemon cheesecake filling and fresh blueberry topping. Perfect for brunch or dessert!
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups (300g) fresh blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (240ml) lowfat milk
- 1 cup (120g) flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz., 230g) block of cream cheese
- 2/3 cup (70g) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest (optional)
- 2/3 cup (160ml) heavy whipping cream
- In a medium saucepan, add water and fresh lemon juice and warm over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch, then add the sugar and starch to the pan of warm liquid. Stir with a whisk to combine.
- Add the blueberries and continue to cook (on medium-low heat), while stirring gently, until the sauce thickens and just begins to boil.
- Remove the pan from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs vigorously for about 10 seconds (by hand).
- Add the vanilla and just 1/2 of the milk (reserve the rest of the milk for a later step). Whisk well to combine.
- Slowly add the flour, whisking as you go. Add the sugar and salt.
- Whisk just until the flour is combined and there are no lumps.
- Then, add the remaining 1/2 cup of milk and the melted butter.
- Whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium-low heat and add just a tiny pat of butter (or oil) to the pan. Pour about 1/3 of a cup of batter into the pan, then quickly tilt the pan in all directions to help the batter spread into a thin layer around the pan.
- Cook 1-2 minutes on each side, or until each side is lightly browned. Serve immediately, or layer between paper towels and keep well covered until ready to assemble.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and blend until fully combined.
- Add lemon paste and lemon zest and blend.
- While mixing on medium-low, slowly pour in the heavy cream.
- Beat until the mixture is light and fluffy and has expanded a bit in size.
- Store the filling (covered) in the fridge until ready to assemble crepes.
- Add a generous scoop of lemon filling to a crepe and roll.
- Top with blueberry sauce (warm or cool, your choice).
- Enjoy immediately.
If using whole milk for the crepes, use 3/4 cup milk and 1/4 water.
Any leftover crepes can be stored (well covered) in the fridge for 1-2 days. Reheat in the microwave between lightly moistened paper towels.
The blueberry sauce may be made up to 5 days in advance (kept in a sealed jar in the fridge).
The lemon cheesecake filling may be made up to 1 day in advance (and kept in a sealed container in the fridge).
Recipe source - Glorious Treats
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
Disclosure – I created this post in partnership with Nielsen-Massey. Partnering with brands I love allows me to provide you high quality content at no cost to you. I only work with brands I use and love. All images, text and opinions are my own.