Homemade Peach Ice Cream
I’m not sure if there is any food more closely associated with summer than ice cream. It’s cool, refreshing, and there’s a flavor for everyone!
This delicious homemade peach ice cream combines two summer favorites… peaches and ice cream! Fresh, ripe peaches are delicious on their own, but when you combine them with creamy homemade ice cream, you have a really special treat!
If you’ve never made homemade ice cream before, this would be a perfect recipe to start with. This peach ice cream recipe is very simple, but produces such delicious results!
We haven’t had an ice cream maker for several years and I’d been missing homemade ice cream badly! I recently discovered that KitchenAid has an Ice Cream Maker attachment that I can use with my Kitchen Aid stand mixer, so that was a perfect fit! I keep my Kitchen Aid (stand mixer) out all the time, so it’s super simple to just grab the Ice Cream Maker bowl from the freezer and make ice cream any time I want! I have a feeling this is going to be an extra delicious summer! =)
Homemade Peach Ice Cream
This simple recipe produces a delicious summer treat!
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups milk (whole)
1/4 cup honey, warmed slightly
6 Tablespoons (1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons) sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large (or 3 medium) fresh peaches
1. Prepare peaches by peeling, and removing the pit. Puree ONE of the peaches (in a blender or food processor) until smooth. Dice the other peach into small pieces (about the size of a pea). Set peaches aside.
2. In a large bowl add the cream, milk, honey, and sugar. Whisk a minute or so, until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add vanilla.
4. Add peach puree and diced peaches and whisk or stir until well combined.
5. Taste for sweetness and if desired, add additional sugar (1-2 tablespoons), then whisk until dissolved.
6. Pour ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the freezing directions.
I like using honey in this recipe, but if desired, feel free to replace the honey with sugar (in equal amounts).
The simple list of ingredients in this style of homemade ice cream causes the ice cream to freeze quite hard. I recommend setting the ice cream out at room temperature about 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe Source - Glorious Treats
Do you make homemade ice cream in the summer? What is your favorite flavor? I have a long list of flavors I plan to try in our KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker!
Shopping note – I noticed that currently all KitchenAid attachments (including the ice cream maker) are 20% off (using the discount code on the site).