My Day on the Martha Stewart Show!

This set of pretty pastel cookies are from the Vintage Pastel Christmas Dessert Table I prepared last year.  They have long been one of my favorite sets of cookies… but now they’re one of my favorites for a whole new reason.  These babies were recently on the Martha Stewart Show!  In fact, they are also currently being used on the Martha Stewart website as the star photo to represent the whole show that day!

Take a look…
The segment of the show that I got to be a part of was all about a group of on-line cookie (decorating) friends I have the privilege of being a part of, called the “Cookie Queens”.  The segment focused on the diversity of our group, as we have members from all over the world, some professional bakers, many hobbyist, some bloggers and the bonds of friendship we share.  A representative of our group, Maryann Rollins was live in the studio and did a beautiful job representing our group, as well as demonstrating how to decorate a beautiful holiday cookie.  In addition to Maryann representing our group in studio, 4 ladies from our group were on Google+ video.  The ladies on video included Callye (Sweet Sugar Belle), Laura (A Dozen Eggs), Marlyn (Montreal Confections) and me… Glory!
Here’s the show to enjoy…
*Note the show videos are broken into segments. Watch or fast forward through the first segment, then click on the segment labeled “Meet the Cookie Queens”
It was a total dream to be included in the segment… and I almost died when Martha herself said my cookies were “fit for the pages of Martha Stewart Living Magazine!”

A few more details…
I’m sure there will be several of your interested in the background of “how” we got on the show.  Several months ago Maryann Rollins contacted the show on behalf of our group.  She received an e-mail reply that they (the producers) were in fact at least interested in showcasing our “talented group.”  Fast forward to November… Maryann gets word from the show on a Thursday… would she be able to fly to the show and represent our group the following Monday (in 4 days!)?  By then, the producers had been given a full list of our 60+ Cookie Queens members.  The producers looked through our work on Flickr and our blogs/websites, and chose the four of us that would appear on Google+ video.  Maryann gave me a call on Thursday… “would you like to video chat with Martha?”  Um, yeah!!!!

If you are visiting my site for the first time, please enjoy a few of my favorite posts….
 My Hydrangea Cupcakes may forever be one of my favorites!
This recent Pink and Purple Penguin Party is full of cute and fun treats and ideas.
These Snowflake Cupcakes are perfect this time of year.
These Candy Cane Hearts are easy and delicious treats!
And be sure to follow Glorious Treats on Facbook to keep up to date with posts, and pretty things I find along the way!

43 Responses to “My Day on the Martha Stewart Show!”

Anna — December 13, 2011 at 8:53 pm

That is SO awesome!!! Congratulations, that would be a dream come true for me to get to talk to Martha!!!

Anna

Bea @ CancunCOOKIES — December 13, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Congrats, Glory! Your works should always be showed off!!!

K M — December 13, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Congrats!! I had sent an email to the show awhile ago asking them to feature you! Glad it finally worked out for you!!!

Anonymous — December 13, 2011 at 9:49 pm

OMg i totally saw it and being an avid reader of your blog, i thought maybe she was talking to you but i couldnt remember how you looked lol. Then coming on here tonight i was right! Those cookies are BEAUTIFUL!

Nish — December 13, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Congrats! I can imagine the excitement!
    Martha made the right choice for the star photo! ;)

Wedding Themes — December 13, 2011 at 11:44 pm

These cookies look delicious as well as beautiful. Great Job !!!

Małgorzata Głowacka — December 14, 2011 at 12:00 am

Glory!!! Congatulations!!! This is amazing! Thank you for inspirations…

Malgosia
    fan from POLAND :)

Joelma — December 14, 2011 at 12:13 am

Congratulations! You are an amazing cookie decorator! And your hard work is paying off! Warm regards from a Brazilian fan from Dubai! Joelma (1Peter 5:14)

1-2Punch — December 14, 2011 at 12:25 am

congratulations, they are beautiful and well deserving!

Dinx — December 14, 2011 at 4:06 am

Big Congrats!!! So awesome! I love all your creations! It's very well deserved!

Dinx xoxo

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more — December 14, 2011 at 4:42 am

that is amazing! Congratulations, you deserve it, your work is amazing.

The Baker — December 14, 2011 at 5:29 am

That is so amazing!!! How exciting!!

lovemyspy — December 14, 2011 at 5:36 am

I had to dvr it and I went to watch and there was no sound!! Grrr… but congrats to you, those cookies are beautiful! On a side note, my hubby made your hydranga cupcakes for me for my birthday and they were wonderful!!!!

MrsFoxsSweets — December 14, 2011 at 5:50 am

Congratulations! That is so aweome! You always have looking amazing cookies and I love those snowflakes!

Miss Holly — December 14, 2011 at 6:04 am

Oh my gosh….yesterday I was thinking about you!!! Wondering what you have been cooking during this holiday season and at the same time I was watching that segment on Martha 's show!!! Martha really ooooo'd and ahhhhhhed when she saw your cookies…what a fantastic job all of you did…..this is a cooking thing I have never mastered…..and want to …it is on the list….so happy for you and your friends…..boy does this world of blog bring us closer in such a wonderful way!!!!

Rosie @ Sweetapolita — December 14, 2011 at 7:02 am

Wow, wow, wow, wow! Glory, this is just incredible, but not hard to believe. Such a wonderful talent and true-blue woman–you deserve it all. Congratulations! xo

mividaenundulce — December 14, 2011 at 7:37 am

Congratulations…!!!
    Your cookies are so beautiful, all the ones you bake, the touch you have to decorate the cookies is amazing.

Siobhan — December 14, 2011 at 7:54 am

That's so cool! I want to meet Martha one day love her :)

jo-lyn — December 14, 2011 at 8:06 am

ohmygosh!! those cookies are GORGEOUS!! you have got talent!!

Cookbook Queen — December 14, 2011 at 8:24 am

So exciting GLORY!! You did such a great job on the show, so calm and collected.

Those cookies are some of my favorites of all time. So many colors and pretty sparkle :)

Carrie — December 14, 2011 at 8:51 am

Well deserved- congrats!

annitra — December 14, 2011 at 9:05 am

This is so amazing Glory but not a surprise! You are so very talented! Congratulations!:)

Chari — December 14, 2011 at 10:36 am

Congratulations! I love this cookies!

Billie — December 14, 2011 at 11:48 am

Congratulations! Your cookies are beautiful!!

miss b — December 14, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Congratulations – you deserve this. I love all your amazing creations. Once more these cookies are so beautiful!

Sandra — December 14, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Congratulations!

Christina Williams — December 14, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I saw that episode! Congrats!!! This is an awesome pic. The cookies and the composition are absolutely beautiful!

Cristin (Pinkie) — December 14, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Congratulations Glory! It was so fun to see you and my other cookie friends on Martha Stewart! How cool is that! I wish it had been a ton longer. It felt like it was over so quick because I enjoyed it that much! Great job!

Stephanie — December 14, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I'm so happy for you! I watched the video this morning :)

Gina L. (Bend Cookie) — December 14, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I was so proud of you guys!!! Congrats! Was it just me, or was Martha rude to Maryann??? She wouldn't let her finish her thought and then chided her b/c "exclusionary" wasn't a word! – Guess what, we looked it up – it is!!!

Diana's Dream Sweets — December 14, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Congratulations to all of you! What a great moment to shine for all of the Cookie Queens

Celebrating Moments by Marcie — December 14, 2011 at 6:18 pm

CONGRATS!!!! So well deserved. You are so talented! You are always my go to for my frosting recipes.

CraftyLoops — December 14, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Wow how wonderful, Im sure you are chuffed to bits. Lee xx

Kieli_Heart — December 14, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Grats! That is quite an honor! And the picture is gorgeous =)

~ Kieli ~

Amalia — December 14, 2011 at 9:32 pm

How exciting, congratulations!! You totally deserve it, you are so talented! :)

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* — December 15, 2011 at 8:21 am

Wow! Wow! Wow! So fun for all of you! Enjoy your day of Marthadom ! :)

Joni — December 15, 2011 at 8:41 am

What a dream come true!! Congrats!

Joni @

Karyn - Pint Sized Baker — December 15, 2011 at 3:06 pm

WOW!!! Super Huge Congratulations! So exciting! That is an awesome accomplishment! Way to go!

The Mid-Cart Parentals — December 15, 2011 at 9:52 pm

YAY! Every crafty woman's dream come true…a spot on Martha! Couldn't have happened to a "sweeter" person…you were awesome on the show and your cookies are awesome in real life! (Thanks again for my pink and purple penguin cookies…they were delish!)

Cecilia — December 15, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I am so proud of you! This is awesome! Love you!

D!! — December 17, 2011 at 11:08 pm

What a dream come true Glory and Queens!!! So well deserved.. and I only hope to be like you when I grow up!

So much love and wish you many more blessings to come!!!

Love you, what you do, and how amazingly you do it!

PS.
    When you mentioned Martha Stewart saying your cookies were fit for the pages of her magazine…. IIIII nearly died! I would have also been just blown away and maybe nearly crying MARTHA said that. Again, congrats and so much love.

DS.

Monika Wright — December 19, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I'm pinching you, because surely you must still be on an all-time high to have the Queen of everything super cool and crafty make that comment. Wow, so very happy and proud for you!

1. Pingback: Wishlist דצמבר: בוא כבר חורף | Feeling At Home