{Parties} Desserts in Paris

Last week I had an idea for a dessert table that I just had to bring to life!  So I pulled out some of my cake stands (some of my favorite worldly possesions!), looked through my ribbon (another huge love!), and set up a “big girl” version of a play tea party.

I started with some desserts from Donsuemor bakery, pretty little Cute Cakes, Madeleines and French Almond Cakes.  I baked up some mini Chocolate Raspberry Tarts (recipe soon), got to work on some pretty food tags, and went shopping for a few more treats to add to the table.  Then I called up a friend and asked her to join me for coffee and some desserts after dinner.  We sat in the backyard, listening to french music, chatting and enjoying fresh fruit, iced coffee, and lots of pretty desserts.

Above ~  Chocolate and vanilla “cute cakes” from Donsuemor.  Accented with homemade ribbon flags.

Above ~  Homemade Chocolate Raspberry Tarts (recipe soon), and Vanilla Macarons (Trader Joes).

I bought some pretty roses (from Costco) and arranged them with some maidenhair fern (from my neighbor’s yard) in a variety of small vases.

In case you’re wondering… yes, I already had the “La Tour Eiffel” sign, and the three metal Eiffel towers on the dessert table (two black and one small gold).  I’ve never been to France, but it’s on my “must see before I die” list.   Until I can afford to go, I’ll keep collecting a few things to remind me of my “someday” destination.

49 Responses to “{Parties} Desserts in Paris”

The Coupon Goddess — August 18, 2010 at 1:02 pm

That is the most beautiful party ever. I just love the colors and the treats. Totally inspiring!

Melanie

Rach — August 18, 2010 at 1:11 pm

That is beautiful. So amazing what you can do with a few things around the house.

Linda V @ Bubble and Sweet — August 18, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Big girls do need treats. Must have one for me and some friends soon, just because. Lovely inspiration.

Marianne's Sweet Delights — August 18, 2010 at 1:55 pm

It's all so pretty! On my list of things to do before I die…travel to the USA & have a tea party with Glory! Hehe! :)

{ L } — August 18, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Your talent is incredible! This is gorgeous…perfection.

swankychicfete — August 18, 2010 at 2:35 pm

omgosh! so pretty! im craving all of the desserts!

Bea @ CancunCookies — August 18, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Beautiful Dessert Table, Glory!!

Momza — August 18, 2010 at 3:20 pm

My invitation must've gotten lost, because I surely would've been there!
    Delicious!!

Jenin — August 18, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Wow, this is really lovely Gloria!!

Chris @ Celebrations At Home — August 18, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Oh my goodness. This is just so sweet and special. I love it!

Sunny & Star — August 18, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Absolutely love it. So beautiful. I love all things Paris.

Amy and Family — August 18, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Wow! I love the way you took the pictures… so perfect! Next time you get a great idea – call me!

Digella — August 18, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Ok, just give me a few days and I am there. Need to arrange passport (yet to travel OS :O ) Then purchase ticket. Can you collect me from Airport? I will bring Sharnel too.

Glory/ Glorious Treats — August 18, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Thanks ladies! Yes, you're all welcome next time!! I'll try to get out invites to each of you so you can be sure to make it! =)

collin — August 19, 2010 at 2:59 am

Loved it. That is so beautiful. U r very creative.

For the sake of having fun take the Dessert Personality Test and find out your personality on the basis of your favorite dessert. I have taken the test and have enjoyed a lot. Hope you too will enjoy it. Have Fun!!

Sharnel — August 19, 2010 at 3:24 am

LOL to Danielle (aka Digella)
    just gorgeous my friend.
    x

Destini — August 19, 2010 at 7:38 am

This is just GORGEOUS!! The cake stand collection is quite lovely.

Adriana — August 19, 2010 at 10:10 am

divine!! I wish I had been invited ;-)

jackie fo — August 19, 2010 at 12:38 pm

This is gorgeous! I just featured this and your hydrangea cupcakes on my blog today. You rock!

Amore Chocolateria - Mila — August 19, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Very beautiful and so cute.
    It was perfect, wonderful.

Alice Heiman — August 19, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Beautiful and I love the way you incorporated the Donsuemor treats, they are delicious and so pretty.

maedoskiduxos — August 20, 2010 at 5:34 am

The pictures are trully inspiring. The colors, the sweets…loved it all!
    The environment you create with these party tables is just magic!

The Cupcake Chic — August 20, 2010 at 10:28 pm

sooo lovely and wow.. lucky friends who gets to be invited to your teaparty!!! :P

The Cupcake Chic — August 20, 2010 at 10:29 pm

btw, do you have an email address on how to reach you? i cant seem to find it here..

Jack Kung — August 21, 2010 at 12:13 am

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great and having a lot of intresting things. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free to give me some comments! Thank you very much.

(My blog is Nice Books Review)

Glory/ Glorious Treats — August 21, 2010 at 12:34 am

Thanks for all the nice comments! I really appreciate each one!

Cupcake Chic- my e-mail is
    glorioustreats@gmail.com (it's at the bottom along the right sidebar- but maybe I should move it)
    Feel free to drop me a line anytime! I read my messages everyday, although it may take a few days to reply!

DreamgirlLisa — August 21, 2010 at 10:34 am

Beautiful Glory! France (and Italy, Bali, England, Greece, lol) are on my "places to visit before I die" list too!!

Scrumptious Swirls — August 21, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Glory this is perfect! I love it! I am designing a table now for the grand opening of my friends salon, it is called Prive (French it means private) she wants it to be a parisian theme….definitely using this for inspiration! Thank you for sharing!

cdcooks — August 22, 2010 at 6:19 am

This is stunning. So gorgeous….I want to live here.

Anonymous — August 22, 2010 at 9:46 am

This is such a great thing to "stumble" upon! In two weeks I'm throwing a Paris themed bridal shower for my best friend! She is in love with Paris and has her house decorated in a Paris theme! I created pink/brown Eiffel Tower invites…I'm baking Eiffel Tower and Fleur Di Lis sugar cookies, Eiffel Tower Cake, and now you have just helped me decide on a few other desserts!! Thanks for your inspiration! Love your blog!

~Heather

Angela@QueenofTartsCakes.com — August 23, 2010 at 12:44 am

Very pretty, love the details! May I ask where you found your glass cake domes? Home Goods has some of the items in your display (I recognize a cake stand! :)

Valerie — August 23, 2010 at 5:51 am

I absolutely love this! Hanging the ribbons from the trees looks wonderful.

Thanks,

Valerie

Krysten — August 23, 2010 at 8:20 am

Such a lovely job! I am always looking for ideas for the "big girls"! This is classic and lovely!

Best,
    Krysten

Benora Paper — August 23, 2010 at 1:23 pm

The Paris Tea Party design is so gorgeous and inspiring. I also wanted to know where we could find the lovely domes and stands you used?

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity.

Bonnie Chambers

Glory/ Glorious Treats — August 23, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Thanks for all the lovely comments!!

As for the glass domes, I bought them a while back on Ebay. I just did a search now, and found a couple. Search glass domes, or glass cloche.

J+S — August 29, 2010 at 8:25 am

Oh, you have outdone yourself and I love, love, love this! You are so talented. Would you mind if I reposted this on my blog and linked and credited back to you, along with the turtle Rice Krispies?

~Jenifer

J+S — August 29, 2010 at 8:26 am

And thanks for the tip on the cloches!

Glory/ Glorious Treats — August 29, 2010 at 9:21 am

J+S-
    Thanks for asking, and yes, you may post some photos from this party and also my caramel rice krispies treats on your blog (but please do not include all of the directions for the rice krispies treats).

Thanks!

J+S — September 5, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Thanks for letting me post a couple of pictures. The post will be up tomorrow.

~Jenifer

Luvena — November 11, 2010 at 6:54 am

Love the table setting with all the lovely glass domes and cake stands.

Rene' — March 4, 2011 at 8:20 am

Oh my! I adore this idea! I must know… how long did it take to pull this together?

Laura from France — June 7, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Hello from France where I look at this blog everyday !
    I love what you do , you are a real inspiration for me and I hope you will continue this blog for a long time.

Hope you can go one day in France and maybe eat a "Ladurée" macaron from Paris (which are the best ;D )

I will follow you again and continue to make wonderful cakes inspiring from yours !

Bye ! =)

Kelly — July 24, 2012 at 3:49 am

Oh! So serene….Totally in love with the settings and Paris atmosphere…Great work!

Ashley — October 26, 2012 at 3:34 am

No way!! this is amazing, and so creative! I LOVE IT. This is seriously amazing thank you for your ideas :)

• Glory replied: — October 26th, 2012 @ 5:10 am

Thank you very much for all your sweet comments Ashley!

Maebelle Barrett — December 24, 2012 at 5:23 am

Wow. You have such wonderful dessert tables. Do you mind me asking how much you charge to spend to make a theme set up?

Kate — February 2, 2013 at 2:50 am

Hi Gloria! I’ve been reading your blog for quite some time now. I especially love your cookies and dessert tables! My daughter is turning 6 this May and we’re having a Barbie A Fashion Fairytale theme. I was just wondering if you have any ideas for a dessert table or anything you can come up really. You have a lot of creative ideas and I’d like to get some inputs. Thank you very much!

1. Pingback: Paris Party Inspiration - Moms & Munchkins