This summer we are enjoying the bounty of our (new) backyard garden. With just 3 zucchini plants, we have so far harvested at least 30-40 zucchini, with more growing each day! We’ve been enjoying a lot of it grilled, have shared some with neighbors, and I have also made several batches of delicious zucchini bread. This classic quick bread is a wonderful way to use zucchini, and although I wouldn’t exactly call zucchini bread a health food, it’s a delicious treat we’ve been enjoying with breakfast.
How to Make Zucchini Bread
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil vegetable, canola or olive
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups zucchini grated medium/coarse- do not peel
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk togeher.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugars, oil and zucchini and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Add nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350*F for about 55-60 minutes.