Summer and S’mores just belong together!
These S’mores Bars are thick, chewy and delicious… and taste like s’mores and a chocolate chip cookie combined!
I made a batch of these scrumptious bars for a family BBQ this weekend and when I went to retrieve my plate, there was nothing on it but a few crumbs! I’m sure I’ll be making these S’mores Bars several more times this summer!
These bars are thick, chewy and delicious! It's like a S'mores and a chocolate chip cookie had a baby!
Yield: 1- 9x13" pan (about 24 bars)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (made from 1 1/2 packages of graham crackers)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt (reduce to 1/2 teaspoon if using salted butter)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
1-2 Hershey chcolate bars (each "Hershey" section broken or cut in half)
1 graham cracker (broken into pieces)
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 325*F and line a 9"x13" baking pan with parchment paper (or foil). Leave some paper hanging over the sides so you can easily pull the bars out of the pan after baking.
2. Crush graham crackers, then combine 1/2 cup melted butter with crumbs and stir until well combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan, and press evenly into the bottom of the pan. Put entire pan into the freezer while you make the cookie dough.
3. In a large mixer, blend together both sugars and the melted butter. Add eggs (one at a time) and vanilla and continue to blend until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt. Then, while the mixer is on low, slowly add the flour to the butter/sugar mixture. Stop the mixer immediately when you have added all the flour. Add the marshmallows and chocolate chips and blend until all of the ingredients are well combined.
5. Retrieve the baking pan from the freezer and scoop the dough on top of the prepared crust. Use an offset spatula to carefully spread until evenly distributed.
6. Top the dough with the toppings listed, pressing them into the dough slightly.
7. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown, and there is no wet batter visible.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool FULLY before cutting (1 hour or more). For easiest cutting, run a knife around any edges that are touching the sides of the pan, then pull up on the parchment paper and place giant bar on a cutting board.
Recipe Source - Glorious Treats, inspired by a previous post for Graham Cracker S'mores Cookies
Prepare the simple graham cracker crust, press into pan and put the entire pan in the freezer to firm up while you make the cookie dough.
Mix up the cookie dough batter, then spread onto the prepared crust.
Top the cookie dough with mini marshmallows, chocolate bar pieces and graham cracker pieces (not shown, opps!).
Bake, cool and enjoy!! The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the bars to cool before digging in!
These S’mores bars would be extra incredible topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Love S’mores? I do! Here are a few more S’mores inspired treats…
Salted Caramel S’mores – from My Baking Addiction
Skillet S’mores Cookie – from Cookies and Cups
S’mores Brownies – from Recipe Girl