Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars - glorioustreats.com

As much as I love fancy desserts, there is something extra comforting about a thick, delicious cookie bar!  These Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars are rich, flavorful and always a hit!

I recently took a plate of these to my girls school and dropped it off in the teachers lounge… by the end of the day I had 3 requests for the recipe!

I’m sharing the recipe over on the Challenge Butter site, so head on over to grab the recipe… then make sure you have milk on hand to enjoy with these yummy bars!

Love bar desserts?  Here’s a link to all of my Brownies & Bars.

12 Responses to “Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars”

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen — February 24, 2014 at 1:30 am

These bars look so chewy, Love it!!

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com — February 24, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Yum-I could have these for breakfast EVERYDAY!

Nancy@SeasonsOfJoy — February 24, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Glory,
    There’s nothing like a bar cookie, they are always the faves at this house!
    I saw the peanut butter in my pantry this morning, as was thinking I should make my college son and his friends a big batch of something from it, and ship it on down to them. Heading over to check out the recipe, you read my mind! Love oatmeal over here, too. Win=win! Thanks! Nancy

Heather @ French Press — February 24, 2014 at 7:52 pm

I love a good bar recipe

Paul — February 24, 2014 at 8:11 pm

I just recently made peanut butter chocolate chip bars that were delicious . I love there is oatmeal in yours and will definitely be baking these up soon! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Cecilia — February 24, 2014 at 10:59 pm

These look super yummy! I have to add this recipe to my list of future recipes to try.
    Love you!

Yvonne — February 26, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Hi Gina,

Is it possible to use (chunk) peanut butter i.s.o. mini peanut butter cups ? I’m from the Netherlands and we haven’t mini peanut butter cups in the stores… :-(
    Maybe combine it with something else?

And by the way , you have a great site and make such beautiful cookies, I wish I lived nearby, so you could teach me :-)

• Glory replied: — February 27th, 2014 @ 4:56 am

Hi Gina, I have only tried the recipe as listed, but I would think using some peanut butter in the recipe would work great. I would suggest 1/2 cup. You could also add some additional chocolate chips as well. Happy baking!

Yvonne — February 27, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Hi Glory,

First of all, I’m sorry I called you Gina! I visited another site just before yours, which is of Gina and I mixed it all up…

But thank you for your fast reply. I will definitely try the peanut butter and extra chips
    :-)

miss b — February 28, 2014 at 11:02 am

I absolutely agree! I’m a huge fan of fancy desserts (in fact all things sweet!) but sometimes you just can’t beat a cookie bar with a cup of tea or coffee and these looks perfect. I’m always on the look out for new cookie recipes and this week made florentines for the first time.

Lynn @ The Actor's Diet — March 22, 2014 at 6:11 am

These would be amazing for breakfast, I’m sure.

Carol Huck — March 28, 2014 at 3:16 pm

I love jelly doughnuts with cinnamon sugar on the outside.